1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rustic/Medieval Atmospheric plots

Discussion in 'Creative' started by ExtendedHorizons, Sep 20, 2015.

1. ExtendedHorizons

ExtendedHorizons Member

Drawing 24/7
    Home Page:
    Lately I've been watching a lot of videos and looking at a lot of builds with amazing atmospheric vibes/feelings. Builds such as this: https://youtu.be/EZXJWAsGRrc?t=1m33s . The only thing that bugs me is that all of these amazing plots and builds I've seen, all use conquest.

If you don't know what conquest is, its a 1.7.x texture pack. There is a 1.8 version but it doesn't have meta datas (ill get to these in a second). So what the resource pack creator did was he made it so that each meta data for each block has a different texture. For instance 1:1 would be normal stone, 1:2 would be marble, 1:3 could be snowy stone. Adding all of these types of blocks into the game expands creativity a lot.

Anyways, back to the point. I was thinking of ways to make a very atmospheric plot while only using the default texture pack. I think this would actually be quite a challenge due to lack of blocks and really just the struggle to build something that really puts off that type of rustic & medieval feel as if there was a story there long ago.

So I was wondering a few things that you guys have done in the past to make atmospheric plots. And if you've successfully done a build with a feeling as such. I personally find it hard to create such an atmosphere so I really do want to see what you guys think of it and how you build when you want to do something like this. Thanks for reading.

~Extended

PartyBlaze likes this.
  2. PartyBlaze

PartyBlaze Member

I know what you mean with those plots, they're pretty awesome but the problem is vanilla Minecraft doesn't have all these detailed blocks.
    As I like building too, I often make detailed/atmospheric plots with blocks that have the same colour, mixed up together. This could get you quite far, but if you want more detail I suggest using a lot of non-solid blocks to create structures, such as stairs, slabs, glass panes and such.

I'd still go with Conquest if you really want to make a hell of a map, but you can get really far with vanilla MC and a lotta fantasy.

3. johnyestaloca

johnyestaloca Member

I'd really suggest to use podzol. It gives an atmospheric feeling, especially for medieval stuff. :)