1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for Clarification about SCB Glitch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by DopeRider, Oct 11, 2015.

1. DopeRider

DopeRider Member

Like everybody that uses to play Super Craft Bros, I've found the infamous flat world glitch. If you aren't aware, sometimes, instead of dying and respawning, you get the "you died" screen, same as in survival, and reappear in a flat world from where you can't return to the game.

This bug happens as often as once every other game (if someone is interested in fixing it, I have more details). Then you can win the regular game, but it doesn't finish. The glitched player is in the flat world limbo. It's annoying for the glitched player. But it's totally unfair to the rightful winner when the glitched player refuses to do the right thing and issue a /leave command.

IMHO this behaviour falls squarely in the "don't abuse glitches" norm. So last time it happened I recorded a video with the glitched player confessing to be glitched and refusing to leave the game.
    The report has been dismised by TimeLord with the following response:

"Unless you have evidence where we can see him glitching theres nothing that can be done against him."

I don't understand what kind of evidence TimeLord is requesting, so I ask some clarification:

* Isn't admission of the player enough evidence? Should I record a walk of the entire map to show that the other player isn't there?
    * Do I have to capture on video the exact moment in which the other player glitches? That's not always possible in a game with ten or more players.
    * It is possible, if you die to tp to the glitched player and record him/her in the flat world. But it's not if you're the only two players in game.

Please notice that /report command has been totally useless IME. Otherwise it would be very easy for a mod to enter the game and see the situation.

And without any kind of admissible evidence, the winner is powerless.

In case there is no way to effectively report this behaviour, I understand that it's perfectly valid, also for me, to refuse to leave when I'm glitched, right?

2. xMegaCoolx

xMegaCoolx Member

CubeCrafter
    Home Page:
  3. DopeRider

DopeRider Member

4. Iselciour

Iselciour Member

Eating
    Thread moved

And by evidence of the player glitching out, we need evidence that proves that this player was glitched. Either by recording the moment he died, since people who get glitched often leave their armor/weapons on the ground as items, or evidence of him actually being in the flat lands. A confession does not serve as proof, since I can easily say I use Anti Knockback when I clearly don't.

5. DopeRider

DopeRider Member

So it is a known bug, isn't it? I would gladly provide more information on how it happens and why.

Is someone looking at it? I could do it if you accept a little help (professional programmer with 20 years experience).

6. Iselciour

Iselciour Member

Eating
    Yes, it is a known bug and it's being worked on at the moment.

7. DopeRider

DopeRider Member

OK, thank you for the answers.

8. hyena3000

hyena3000 Member

My suggestion how to handle players that don't want to leave voluntarily is to stand in a clear open and very accessible place and invite them to come in front of you to fight it out (off course while recording it). If they don't come (and they can't):

Camping -
    Requires at least 2 warnings and video evidence.
    If someone is camping, you must warn them by mentioning their name and telling them to stop at least 2-3 times.

9. DopeRider

DopeRider Member

Thank you, that seems like a good idea. If it isn't disregarded by mods, I'll try next time.