Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think the channel should be removed?

• Yes, BUT ONLY UNTIL AN ARABIC STAFF IS ADDED

• no, the arabic channel shouldnt be removed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
The Problem:
People keep scamming and breaking rules in the chat and only a while after staff are able to find out but only through reports and by that time some people have already been scammed. Plus this also makes it harder for staff as translations do not always work as they do not purely speak Arabic but different forms of the language.

The Solution:
I know there are some of you there that will disagree with this but I think that the Arabic chat should be removed until a staff member is added that can speak the Arabic language as since that channel has been added the popularity of Arabic speaking players has been growing but this has been causing issues that I think should be solved by Arabic speaking staff members as all these issues may cause miscommunication.

Notes:
1 - Vote on the poll whether you agree with this suggestion or not
2 - If you disagree please let me know why. I would love to see other views on this topic :)
3 - Please read through the whole suggestion and all its replies before posting to avoid confusion or double posting
4 - If you agree but think that there is something missing. LET me know in the replies :)

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
The Problem:
People keep scamming and breaking rules in the chat and only a while after staff are able to find out but only through reports and by that time some people have already been scammed. Plus this also makes it harder for staff as translations do not always work as they do not purely speak Arabic but different forms of the language.

The Solution:
I know there are some of you there that will disagree with this but I think that the Arabic chat should be removed until a staff member is added that can speak the Arabic language as since that channel has been added the popularity of Arabic speaking players has been growing but this has been causing issues that I think should be solved by Arabic speaking staff members as all these issues may cause miscommunication.

Notes:
2 - If you disagree please let me know why. I would love to see other views on this topic :)
3 - Please read through the whole suggestion and all its replies before posting to avoid confusion or double posting
4 - If you agree but think that there is something missing. LET me know in the replies :)
Yep.

Since it's not moderated (or hardly moderated) do people think they can break rules.
So I think it's good to remove it and change it back to international/other languages

Reactions: Jackxist

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
With only one arabic staff online they can still break the rules, or is he 7/24 active on minecraft + the channel? And what kind of scam do you mean?

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
With only one arabic staff online they can still break the rules, or is he 7/24 active on minecraft + the channel? And what kind of scam do you mean?

I am not saying there should be only 1 arabic staff member, I am just saying that allt he other dedicated chats for languages such as nederlands has a nederlands moderator and I think the same should be for arabic. Most of the time you see people complain about how they keep saying buy a cheap minecraft account here and alot of rude words gets posted there. I am not saying it should be gone forever but only till htere is atleast a moderator that can handle that chat :)

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
I am not saying there should be only 1 arabic staff member, I am just saying that allt he other dedicated chats for languages such as nederlands has a nederlands moderator and I think the same should be for arabic. Most of the time you see people complain about how they keep saying buy a cheap minecraft account here and alot of rude words gets posted there. I am not saying it should be gone forever but only till htere is atleast a moderator that can handle that chat :)
What is happening in the arabic channel? Are there any scams like you mentioned above?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
What's stopping them from speaking in the international channel if the Arabic one is removed?
There's a considerably large amount of Arabic players on Cube, and removing the Arabic chatting opportunities because of something like that is about as fair as removing chatting in Minecraft because there's no Russian staff to moderate the Russian chat. They've got the ability to speak their own language now, and we shouldn't just take it away because someone's breaking a rule. The occasional scamming person is not a big enough problem to ruin the possibility to speak Arabic for thousands.

Lexply

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
There are at at least 2 people reported a day for account scams in that channel (from what I saw that is) and people freely insult each other in Arabic because staff members don't know the language..

Reactions: Jackxist

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
What's stopping them from speaking in the international channel if the Arabic one is removed?
There's a considerably large amount of Arabic players on Cube, and removing the Arabic chatting opportunities because of something like that is about as fair as removing chatting in Minecraft because there's no Russian staff to moderate the Russian chat. They've got the ability to speak their own language now, and we shouldn't just take it away because someone's breaking a rule. The occasional scamming person is not a big enough problem to ruin the possibility to speak Arabic for thousands.
I am not saying to remove it forever and the fact that I spoke to a few of them before and they are only there because of the arabic chat and are motivated to speak in the arabic chat because there is one. Do not get me wrong, this is not a bad thing but when it comes down to them posting things in that channel that is not suppose to it gets dealt with at a later point due to nobody being able to speak it and they have the impression that they can get help from staff because there is an arabic channel but there is just no staff to help those players, Unlike the English, Nederlands and spanish. I like them they are all really nice and I think that there should be a staff to atleast help them out too :)

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
There are at at least 2 people reported a day for account scams in that channel (from what I saw that is) and people freely insult each other in Arabic because staff members don't know the language..
@DotLegitX just read what @Gainfullterror said.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I am not saying to remove it forever and the fact that I spoke to a few of them before and they are only there because of the arabic chat and are motivated to speak in the arabic chat because there is one. Do not get me wrong, this is not a bad thing but when it comes down to them posting things in that channel that is not suppose to it gets dealt with at a later point due to nobody being able to speak it and they have the impression that they can get help from staff because there is an arabic channel but there is just no staff to help those players, Unlike the English, Nederlands and spanish. I like them they are all really nice and I think that there should be a staff to atleast help them out too :)
I'm aware that you wouldn't want it removed forever, that much is clear to me. But removing it for something as simple as the occasional scammer, disallowing arabic chat in Minecraft because of the occasional scammer (Well, I believe you're talking about both Discord and Minecraft chat) is such an unfair reason to take the privelege of being able to speak their language nearly unhindered if they follow the rules, is just straight up unfair to me. We allow Swedish chat to take place despite the fact that there are no fluent Swedish staff, and I don't see a problem with that either. Anyone could scam in any language if they really wanted to, through the ever-so-inaccurate Google translate.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Well, I don't speak Arabic but wouldn't like to get it removed just because some people can't behave. I don't really see any reason to remove and add it back since things just get messy if they add, remove, add and keep doing that because people just want to scam.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me
D

Deleted member 150344

The Problem:

The Solution:

Notes:

Don't people scam with English too? The way I see it, it is just like hackers. They keep adding up and people report them so they get banned, so why don't the staff members mute the player(s) that scam other people? If Cubecraft is really needing to solve that problem, they could just look for a staff member that speaks Arabic. Since I speak Arabic, I am one of the people who voted no, obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I'm aware that you wouldn't want it removed forever, that much is clear to me. But removing it for something as simple as the occasional scammer, disallowing arabic chat in Minecraft because of the occasional scammer (Well, I believe you're talking about both Discord and Minecraft chat) is such an unfair reason to take the privelege of being able to speak their language nearly unhindered if they follow the rules, is just straight up unfair to me. We allow Swedish chat to take place despite the fact that there are no fluent Swedish staff, and I don't see a problem with that either. Anyone could scam in any language if they really wanted to, through the ever-so-inaccurate Google translate.
I am only speaking about the discord chat as it has been disrupting alot of arabic speakers as most of them cant speak english and it is not easy to translate because of the different type of arabic for them and so they are the ones getting disrupted. If there was a staff that understood them and was able to help it would be fine and if it was occasional that would be fine to but it is not occasional it is extremely common and it is much more common to find them saying illegal words
Again I am only speaking about the discord,

Well, I don't speak Arabic but wouldn't like to get it removed just because some people can't behave. I don't really see any reason to remove and add it back since things just get messy if they add, remove, add and keep doing that because people just want to scam.
I agree but keep in mind that that is showing a bad image for cubecraft to the arabic community which cube is trying to keep good as to get more players, I had 4 arabic people leave because there was no staff to help them and kept getting people saying illegal words towards them in that channel and they cant translate to english

Joe Henry

Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2015
United Kingdom
This doesn't fix the problem... Arabic speaking players will just move to #international. You are simply moving the problem to a different channel. Just Like @Gainfullterror said.

That's racism.
That's not how that works.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Don't people scam with English too? The way I see it, it is just like hackers. They keep adding up and people report them so they get banned, so why don't the staff members mute the player(s) that scam other people? If Cubecraft is really needing to solve that problem, they could just look for a staff member that speaks Arabic. Since I speak Arabic, I am one of the people who voted no, obviously. However, people speak Arabic in the English language, example: (hala). Now, it is not a big problem, so there is no need to remove them.
This is true, People do scam in english to but it is dealt with much faster and gives less of a problem to the rest of the english speakers as it is dealt quicker

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom