1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reduce player capacity

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by Snap, Jul 13, 2015.

?

Should the player capacity be reduced?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. I don't mind

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

This is a suggestion, please don't hate me for what I am about to suggest
    At peak times, skyblock has 200 players on it and the server's lag issues are comparable to skyblock 1.0. Because of this, I think the player capacity should be reduced back to 140 or so, since it wasn't as bad at that amount.
    To those saying "Well it would be harder to join the server", would you rather have to spend a few extra seconds trying to join skyblock and have no lag, or be able to join it at any time but be unable to actually play the game?
    Last night I was being teleported on and off of a ladder, taking fall damage from landing on a slime block and having to break blocks multiple times before it actually disappeared.
    With less players online, there will be 60 less players on the server which is 60 less islands that have to be loaded. 60 islands could easily have 100+ animals on each of them, have lag machines or fully automatic farms, mob spawners or large chicken farms (which means thousands of eggs)

_Espen likes this.
  2. Saradabaschi

Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

I am not completely against this suggestion. The reason we made it higher was because Skyblock is so popular and a lot of people wanted to join. Also for the managing point of view it is easier to get in directly. It worked fine as we put it to 200 at the beginning but I guess it is not anymore. I think we had 180 players before we made it higher?
    The lag is also a reason why we now allow 11 players on each island. It means that less islands have to be loaded :3

Jinjo, TheMatthias69, _Espen and 3 others like this.
  3. X_EpicM_X

X_EpicM_X Member

Student and Gamer :D
    Yes plsss

4. Saradabaschi

Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

It has been reduced to 180 players. We've had this amount before and it worked quite well. If it won't it might be reduced further later on.
    Thx for the suggestion :)

Locked.

Snap likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.