Status
Not open for further replies.

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014
Hey everyone!
I'm here with another suggestion!
dspYRGm.png

So, when I saw this, I taught that, except of applying, people could also get Helper by being recruited.
Who would be recruited? Active and helpful members on the forums, maybe even from the server.
> I think that this way of getting staff is more reliable, because someone can just write the best possible application, with a main goal to get the rank, not to support CubeCraft or help the community.
And on the forums there are a lot of active and helpful members lately, and based on their posts you can judge how mature they are, and if they're active, they are probably doing that because they like being a part of this community, and helping around.

I have read this in a thread Jinjo made
Time patience is key as it takes time to recognize a players potential try not to pester us and maybe one day YOU may become staff and make your mark!!!
Still, I haven't read anywhere that any of the current staff members got recruited. I'm just saying that this could be a good idea of getting new staff members.

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014
I totally agree with your opinion and text. I feel that CubeCraft needs more staff members from all around the world and be active on the whole server everyday. This is way easier for the players and the staff members because more help = better server and more happy players.
Yeah, it's also easier to deal with reports, advertisers on the forums etc. Also, I think that you are the one that could get recruited. ;)

AdventureeTree

Yeah, it's also easier to deal with reports, advertisers on the forums etc. Also, I think that you are the one that could get recruited. ;)
O my lord <33333333333 I feel so special everyone saying that. However I just want the best things happen for the server ofcourse. UnfortunatelyModerators can't handle everything right now so they need more help for sure. I feel honored you want me as a Helper thats really kind from you :) but yeah we need to wait for Efcluke94 :p and then we'll know the answer.

Damo999

Apr 26, 2014
I like the idea of "recruiting" people but thats basically what the helper application is if you arent active on the server and/or forums you wont get accepted so its very similar to your "recruiting" system. At least thats what i understand from the message but correct me if im wrong :p

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014
O my lord <33333333333 I feel so special everyone saying that. However I just want the best things happen for the server ofcourse. UnfortunatelyModerators can't handle everything right now so they need more help for sure. I feel honored you want me as a Helper thats really kind from you :) but yeah we need to wait for Efcluke94 :p and then we'll know the answer.
Why should we wait for Luke when we can just buy him?! :D
D7NFWda.png

I like the idea of "recruiting" people but thats basically what the helper application is if you arent active on the server and/or forums you wont get accepted so its very similar to your "recruiting" system. At least thats what i understand from the message but correct me if im wrong :p
Yeah, that's true, but there are people who are active but didn't apply for Helper, and I think that this would be a better way of getting staff, because, as I said, in the application someone can write "what you would like to hear" and get accepted, even though he applied in the first place just to get a "free rank".

Damo999

Apr 26, 2014
Why should we wait for Luke when we can just buy him?! :D
D7NFWda.png

Yeah, that's true, but there are people who are active but didn't apply for Helper, and I think that this would be a better way of getting staff, because, as I said, in the application someone can write "what you would like to hear" and get accepted, even though he applied in the first place just to get a "free rank".
Yes but the thing about staff is that its completely voluntary so if they dont volunteer its clear they dont want to be staff which is fine but members who strive to be staff are usually more determined to help the server :p

Reactions: iLoveYouu

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014
Yes but the thing about staff is that its completely voluntary so if they dont volunteer its clear they dont want to be staff which is fine but staff memers who strive to be staff are usually more determined to help the server :p
"but staff memers who strive to be staff" - something's wrong here xD
Anyhow, what you said is true, but why not motivate members who are standing out? I mean, isn't that what you guys are looking for?
Mature, kind, active members who are helping the server? If you see one, why not ask him if he wants to be staff? If they deny it, fine, they might have too many obligations (school, sports, life...) and that's why they aren't interested (that's my reason, for example). But still, you could offer them something that is less time-consuming, like being a Forum Moderator (answering to people's questions, suggestions, removing spam, taking care of the reports etc.)

Honestly, I am active because I enjoy being a part of this community and helping the server, but I don't wanna apply for Helper because I know you've gotta be active, and I don't really have time for that. But, if I would get a proposal like this ^^^, I would seriously consider it.
In my opinion, it's a pity that players that are mature, active, polite, helpful.. don't join the staff team.
What do you think, @Tacosbefriends ?

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014
Its not little, its just they need more staff to be able to control the server and being able to catch players who do not belong here if you get what I mean :) They really should add active people as Dai said above ^ and also experienced people.
I couldn't agree with you more! Let's see what other staff is gonna say! :)

Deestinyer

Dec 24, 2015
Dystopia/England
I'd say that it would be a good idea to accept members who are familiar with the community, and show a good behaviour all around. Therefore they would have a better chance of being accepted if they apply.

You can't just recruit people based on what they do around the server, as it was stated before, it is a voluntary role. Hence people must apply in order to receive the chance, as that shows that they are willing to take on a responsibility.

Think of it in this way, you wouldn't get a job without an interview - even though you're very good at what the job asks you to do. You still need to 'apply' to get that job.
:)

ImABubbleHead

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2015
London, UK.
I'd say that it would be a good idea to accept members who are familiar with the community, and show a good behaviour all around. Therefore they would have a better chance of being accepted if they apply.

You can't just recruit people based on what they do around the server, as it was stated before, it is a voluntary role. Hence people must apply in order to receive the chance, as that shows that they are willing to take on a responsibility.

Think of it in this way, you wouldn't get a job without an interview - even though you're very good at what the job asks you to do. You still need to 'apply' to get that job.

Took the words right out my mouth.

YoungPablo

Jan 25, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
Its

It's true :)

diogo

Forum Expert
Nov 16, 2015
I totally agree with your opinion and text. I feel that CubeCraft needs more staff members from all around the world and be active on the whole server everyday. This is way easier for the players and the staff members because more help = better server and more happy players.
Agree!

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014

Well, I didn't say that they should get accepted straight away, they should be asked are they willing to be staff, ofcourse.
I'm just saying that members who have potential to be staff should be contacted, instead of waiting for them to apply, because they're might not applying for a reason that can be easily resolved.
A staff member could talk to them, work it out, and if the person decides they are ready join the team, then there is no problem. As I said, it's a pity to see a polite, kind, helpful and active player that is not staff. They are making the community what it is, and I think everyone is proud on this community.

Deestinyer

Dec 24, 2015
Dystopia/England
Well, I didn't say that they should get accepted straight away, they should be asked are they willing to be staff, ofcourse.
I'm just saying that members who have potential to be staff should be contacted, instead of waiting for them to apply, because they're might not applying for a reason that can be easily resolved.
A staff member could talk to them, work it out, and if the person decides they are ready join the team, then there is no problem. As I said, it's a pity to see a polite, kind, helpful and active player that is not staff. They are making the community what it is, and I think everyone is proud on this community.
Being a staff member on such a large server is a huge responsbility. People may not want to be staff, yet they still feel the need to help out.
We can not force this responsibility upon someone, nor 'suggest' etc. If they are certain about wanting such responsibilities, they will apply. If they're unsure - then they won't, and thats something that they would have to deal with by themselves. Their decision must be certain, without a 'push' off the staff. People must understand what they are actually applying for.

We can not simply 'work it out', nor 'easily resolve' their problems with applying - as once again, it's a personal decision and it would be unprofessional of us to nag about how they should be staff.

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014
Being a staff member on such a large server is a huge responsbility. People may not want to be staff, yet they still feel the need to help out.
We can not force this responsibility upon someone, nor 'suggest' etc. If they are certain about wanting such responsibilities, they will apply. If they're unsure - then they won't, and thats something that they would have to deal with by themselves. Their decision must be certain, without a 'push' off the staff. People must understand what they are actually applying for.

We can not simply 'work it out', nor 'easily resolve' their problems with applying - as once again, it's a personal decision and it would be unprofessional of us to nag about how they should be staff.
Okay, I understand what you are saying, and you are right, I agree that it would be unprofessional, maybe it is better just to keep the activity as a plus in a application, other than 'chasing' people to be staff.

Reactions: Deestinyer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom