1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Randomness in Hide and Seek

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItIsMe99, Jan 20, 2015.

1. ItIsMe99

ItIsMe99 Member

Hide and Seek is my favourite minigame on this server. However after playing each map a few times, it's gets easy to remember where the better or more obvious hiding places are. For example, the places where there is a single block missing in a section of the same block, like a hole in the gravel in Mines or a missing block in the stack of bookcases in Library.

What I suggest is to make something that will randomise this missing block places so no-one will be able to memorise where these hiding places are. This could probably be done just with redstone rather than needing an extra plugin. A random selector could activate different command blocks to replace a block with air, each time a map is loaded.

2. ModernRevolution

ModernRevolution Member

qυєєи
    I think this is a good idea, might be hard to implement but will certainly help with maps such as mines where it's easy to memorize where everything should be.

ItIsMe99 likes this.
  3. ItIsMe99

ItIsMe99 Member

Especially with Mines. I could count on one hand the number of matches I've played there where everyone was not found.

Tacosbefriends likes this.
  4. Saradabaschi

Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

I really like your idea. :)
    I don´t play Hide and Seek often but when I play it I tend to hide at the same places. A bit of variation would be fun.

5. Tacosbefriends

Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

Snarky Internet Man
    Home Page:
    I agree 100% with this. I think some time in the future we'll be getting new H&S maps, but even if we added 500 new maps, it'd only be a matter of time before the spots in those maps are memorized too.

6. Sevenade78

Sevenade78 Member

I love the idea too, especially because most Seekers already know where I'm hiding when playing the game