1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Eggwars rules

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by Tears_Of_Asariel, Aug 19, 2016.

?

was i in the wrong?

1. Yes - and you should be punished according to the rules

2. Yes - but the reasoning is understandable so its ok

3. no - you were just trying to get rid of a hacker

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tears_Of_Asariel

Tears_Of_Asariel Member

before i got recording software, i encountered a fly hacker on my team, i didnt want to win like that, so i told everyone that my team member was a fly hacker, and i broke the defenses on my egg (that i originally placed there) so that our egg would be easy to break, in the hopes that the fly hacker would be killed and removed from the game

i had no ill will for the rest of my team (even though they were upset i broke the defenses) and i told them if the hacker left, i would move so the egg could be protected again.. but sadly, he didnt leave, and my team still won, with the egg intact even though it was fully exposed..

is this a punishable offence on my part? i suppose i was technically griefing my team, but i was only doing it to get rid of the fly hacker

2. zDutchie

zDutchie Mod Staff Member Moderator

Student
    I don't think you will be banned for this,...although it's not a really nice thing to do.

3. Tears_Of_Asariel

Tears_Of_Asariel Member

i know it sucked for the other members of my team, and myself, but im sure all the other teams appreciate it.. so in those terms i was serving the greater good

4. zDutchie

zDutchie Mod Staff Member Moderator

Student
    Who wouldn't be happy with an exposed egg? ;)

5. HScrozzy

HScrozzy Member

I don't think you did anything wrong, even if you played to the best of your ability. The fly hacker is the one cheating, not you, you just happened to get him on your team, it's pure chance when you play with randoms.

6. xMegaCoolx

xMegaCoolx Member

CubeCrafter
    Home Page:
    It is team griefing so that's banable.

Anyways, instead of breaking your defence and don't let your team win. Try to win the game and record the hacker. Double win for you. You recorded a hacker and maybe he get banned and you won the game.

7. zRinne

zRinne Mod Staff Member Moderator

NEET
    Home Page:
    I see you have made a thread about it which is easier to reply on unlike your profile post (limited characters)

Here is an example of a scenario:

I am inside a bank and witnessing a robbery. The front door is closed with the metal curtain (whatever you call it).. so no one can run out, I saw the robber dropped the bag of money near me so I decided to take it (to the police) and broke the door down with the bag in my hands, someone is recording it and coincidentally the police is right outside. I would look like an accomplice.

That is somewhat what you're doing. I understand you just don't want the hacker to win unfairly but it can be seen as helping him "troll" the team by breaking the blocks surrounding it.
    Just remember not to do it again. The most efficient way to bring justice is to record them and report which I know you will do from now on. :D
    I couldn't squeeze this on your profile due to the character limits.

Player report : https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/report-a-player.24/
    Read this before reporting players. Highly recommended* : https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/player-reporting-guidelines-and-formating.136047/
    Cubecraft official rules : https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/updated-in-game-rules.134453/

8. LooksLikeHacks

LooksLikeHacks Member

Just Do It
    Home Page:
    it would be better to report those people in future.

9. Tears_Of_Asariel

Tears_Of_Asariel Member

i know i should report them instead, but like i said i didnt have video recording software at the time, and no video = no action... so i couldnt do anything