Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Hacker gets banned so, rip stats. Player B probable gets them rested. But how would you know he boosts?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Hacker gets banned so, rip stats. Player B probable gets them rested. But how would you know he boosts?
Using exploits, cheating of any kind, etc.

Hackers take 2 shots to get permanently banned. First ban allows them to return a month later. Likely Amon gave them the "2 life mutation" where they revive on the first death! (just kidding)

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Using exploits, cheating of any kind, etc.

Hackers take 2 shots to get permanently banned. First ban allows them to return a month later. Likely Amon gave them the "2 life mutation" where they revive on the first death! (just kidding)
Yeah, but mostly they don't stop. And if they do I guess they don't reset them because no one thought about this. (No offense to all developers)

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Yeah, but mostly they don't stop. And if they do I guess they don't reset them because no one thought about this. (No offense to all developers)
That leaves a problem. What if one guy wants to start off with high stats on his main? He decides to hack on his main by using siege mode and gets all 23 kills in 1 minute of a skywars/SG game. An hour later, he can make thousands of kills without dying. He gets banned and the stats don't reset. Quite unfair he keeps those illegitimate stats, right?

I had a case where I unknowingly possessed illegal items in a different game 2 years ago. I got tracked and the items were deleted. Fortunately, I wasn't at fault since a player glitched the items in; needless to say, the guy got a ban. At least I got compensation but RIP best stuff in the game.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
That leaves a problem. What if one guy wants to start off with high stats on his main? He decides to hack on his main by using siege mode and gets all 23 kills in 1 minute of a skywars/SG game. He gets banned and the stats don't reset. Quite unfair he keeps those illegitimate stats, right?

I had a case where I unknowingly possessed illegal items in a different game 2 years ago. I got tracked and the items were deleted. Fortunately, I wasn't at fault since a player glitched the items in; needless to say, the guy got a ban. At least I got compensation but RIP best stuff in the game.
Yeah, it is a problem that no one had thought about this. But let's be a little more smart, this is a thread for admins and developers right? Then let's tag a few of them to see what they think. ;p

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Yeah, it is a problem that no one had thought about this. But let's be a little for smart, this is a thread for admins and developers right? Then let's tag a few of them to see what they think. ;p
Sure thing. Don't want to bother the devs too much though since they're probably at work. I know that forum stats are wiped manually but it wouldn't make sense to automatically wipe stats after a ban. Some bans could be for different reasons.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Sure thing. Don't want to bother the devs too much though since they're probably at work. I know that forum stats are wiped manually but it wouldn't make sense to automatically wipe stats after a ban. Some bans could be for different reasons.
Yes, that's why we should tag at least one admib/developer to see what they think. I would do this, we set an automatic stat reset, every time a player gets banned this "Automatic reset" searches reasons of the ban. If the player was banned for hacking it will reset all of his in-game stats. If he was banned for teamming the states will be lowered by the percent of time he got banned. Other words trimmers get more than 2 bans ( I think) first ban he gets 10% of his stats removed 2nd ban he gets 25% and then if there's a 3rd he gets 50% (I guess 3rd ban would be perm.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Yes, that's why we should tag at least one admib/developer to see what they think. I would do this, we set an automatic stat reset, every time a player gets banned this "Automatic reset" searches reasons of the ban. If the player was banned for hacking it will reset all of his in-game stats. If he was banned for teamming the states will be lowered by the percent of time he got banned. Other words trimmers get more than 2 bans ( I think) first ban he gets 10% of his stats removed 2nd ban he gets 25% and then if there's a 3rd he gets 50% (I guess 3rd ban would be perm.
Or another system. More strict? Yes, but a good server and good games out there run a zero-tolerance policy against cheating. Cheat = permanent ban, no questions asked. Appeal only if the ban was false. A lot of games I have played in the past go by that policy. Even my friend's public Minecraft server went by the same policy, except any offense resulted in a permaban.

-Hacking: permaban, no chance to appeal unless compromised account or false ban
-Teaming: 1 week ban, stat changes during the week reset (i.e. stats reset to prior week). 2nd = X months (X can be any number) and 3rd = perma

A % of stats can be a lot. What if he teamed in 1 game? That'll tax him a lot. If he teamed in all his games, that's nothing.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Or another system. More strict? Yes, but a good server and good games out there run a zero-tolerance policy against cheating. Cheat = permanent ban, no questions asked. Appeal only if the ban was false. A lot of games I have played in the past go by that policy.

-Hacking: permaban, no chance to appeal unless compromised account or false ban
-Teaming: 1 week ban, stat changes during the week reset (i.e. stats reset to prior week). 2nd = X months (X can be any number) and 3rd = perma

A % of stats can be a lot. What if he teamed in 1 game? That'll tax him a lot. If he teamed in all his games, that's nothing.
I'm on with this. I like how you think, I always thought hacking should have been perm ban at the first try because now days kids know what they are doing when hacking.

For teamming maybe 1-3 months? Since they have already been warned.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I'm on with this. I like how you think, I always thought hacking should have been perm ban at the first try because now days kids know what they are doing when hacking.

For teamming maybe 1-3 months? Since they have already been warned.
I think somewhere around that. The games I played though were team-based PvP, so I can't say much about that. Closest was ghosting/spying on the enemy using an alt, which earned a couple weeks ban for the alt and the main.

Specifically, I played Ace online for 8 years (2006-2014, occasionally on last year and this year) and that's the policy. Rules were clear, reasonable, and specified punishment times. A permaban for hacking is actually standard -- anything lower than that is lenient (even a 1 year ban is slightly lenient compared to a permaban!)

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
I think somewhere around that. The games I played though were team-based PvP, so I can't say much about that. Closest was ghosting/spying on the enemy using an alt, which earned a couple weeks ban for the alt and the main.
Oh, about ghosting I think that should be a one day mute, then a weekend mute, then a month., finally gets banned. Ghosting is basically teamming because you are giving other teams info about yours and others.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Oh, about ghosting I think that should be a one day mute, then a weekend mute, then a month., finally gets banned. Ghosting is basically teamming because you are giving other teams info about yours and others.
Ghosting on this server: agreed (actually, other servers have longer mutes as far as I know). It's teaming, almost like using ESP/map hacks but it's not as bad as ganging up on someone in a 2v1.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Ghosting on this server: agreed (actually, other servers have longer mutes as far as I know). It's teaming, almost like using ESP/map hacks but it's not as bad as ganging up on someone in a 2v1.
+1 from me, agreed with everything.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Staff doesn't reset Stats very often only if there is enough prove that the player has been using Hacks or Bugs and that the player whom uses Hacks or Bugs will not stop using them, then maybe they would reset their Stats...
One big case was of the player named justHacksNoSkillz aka justOnFire...
He was multiple times banned and 1 or 2 Days later unbanned because the evidence of him using Hacks were too little,
After he got first on Duels his case was re-openend again and he got perm-banned plus his Stats were resetted

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Staff doesn't reset Stats very often only if there is enough prove that the player has been using Hacks or Bugs and that the player whom uses Hacks or Bugs will not stop using them, then maybe they would reset their Stats...
He was multiple times banned and 1 or 2 Days later unbanned because the evidence of him using Hacks were too little,
After he got first on Duels his case was re-openend again and he got perm-banned plus his Stats were resetted
Strange. Appeals show that he's not banned unless the incident happened before August?

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
^^^^^^^ agree.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom