1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvP logging

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by Saradabaschi, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Saradabaschi

Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

Hey all! :D
    I just read eshuren´s thread about pvp logging and to prevent further confusion I chose to make this thread. If anything is missing just post a comment underneath and I´ll add it if needed.

Definition:
    "PvP Logging" describes the practice of logging out during PvP when it looks like you might lose. It isn't unique to Minecraft, but occurs in all competitive games where losing in PvP incurs any kind of penalty, even as slight as simply increasing your "death" count, thus reducing your kill-to-death ratio. In some cases (such as in Minecraft) simply closing your client or quitting the game instantly logs you out, even in combat" (source:gaming.stackexchange.com)

What you can do:

PvP logging on Skyblock is not allowed which is why players who do it will be punished. It is obviously harder to record than hacks since I need up to 3 videos to decide if it is PvP logging. I think you all agree with me when I say that one video proofs nothing and even saying "The player PvP loggs" is still no proof at all since everyone could just put that in chat.
    So what you can do is:
    - record video evidence (3 videos would be great, more would be even better)
    - post it in the "Report a player" section like every other report
    - tag me in the post, other staff members can also decide but feel free to tag me in it

We will see how this works. :)

What if my armour breaks/ I run out of food/ I want to safe the loot... etc.?:
    From my experience there is no constant fight in the PvP-arena. When you don´t fight move further away and log out then so that noone calls you a PvP logger. If you logg out in the middle of the arena it is obvious that everyone calls you one.

Plans for the future:

We may have a plugin in the future which doesn´t allow you to tp out of the PvP arena. But that may or may not be implented. As of now I hope this thread helps a bit.

Warning: If players make a hunt-the-PvP logger-game out of this I won´t take care of them anymore. Be serious and mature.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  2. Extreme Cookie

Extreme Cookie Member

Good work!

3. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

Thank you for clearing this up. Just one question, that's regarding escape from the arena. I was the only person in the arena two days ago alongside 1 other player, and he called me a pvp logger just for leaving the arena, then started spamming a little. I wasn't even in combat with him, he had a stone sword whereas i was full diamond. Another time, i was getting owned by 3 full diamond armour guys, so i enderpearled away then went back to my island - is that pvp logging? I wasn't in combat anymore, as i had teleported through an enderpearl. Finally, another time i used a speed II pot to escape and seeing as they hadn't hit me at all in the past 15 seconds or so, i assumed that i could log out - wrong. They spammed me again. Were these means of escape allowed, or was i actually pvp logging?

4. Saradabaschi

You weren´t in combat - no PvP-logging

You enderpearled away, you weren´t in combat anymore - no PvP-logging

I am not sure about this one. But I´d say it is not PvP-logging since you used a potion to escape.

In general:
    It is allowed to use potions or enderpearls or everything else which helps you fighting/ escaping. That is why we have it.
    If you use them to safe your life do it. I wouldn´t count it as PvP-logging since you used items and didn´t just logg out.

NLDiamondFTW and Snap like this.
  5. marlutin

marlutin Member

In my opinion it's not, but I don't use ender pearls because it looks as if I warp so they think I left and may accidentally report me for logging because it looks like I warped

6. Saradabaschi

It may look like it. But that is why I ask for 3 (or more) videos when someone reports PvP-logging.

7. eshuren1

eshuren1 Member

Thanks!!!!!! :DDDDD

8. SamueLogic

SamueLogic Member

Student
    I think it is excellent, the plugin is an excellent idea too, but remember that not everyone has a capacity in our PC to use a recording program, Good work Sara.

MinecraftPenguin21 likes this.
  9. MinecraftPenguin21

MinecraftPenguin21 Member

im not occupied by any1- not married
    my brother was in a fight against TheSamuelV, he enderpearled away and did /is h. is that pvp logging?

10. marlutin

marlutin Member

I don't think so

MinecraftPenguin21 likes this.
  11. TangoRaptor_

TangoRaptor_ Member

I have to disagree with this. A person can throw an enderpearl and even before he lands he could tp away. If not he just throws it randomly on the map and once he lands he tp away. In this case if you bring an enderpearl you can very easily get out of a fight, it's almost a granted escape from the beginning. For the potions, someone could easily drink a potion speed II run for 2 seconds and tp away.

12. Saradabaschi

It´s about not being in combat for about 10 seconds.

Snap, MinecraftPenguin21 and ItIsMe99 like this.
  13. Snap

Well you have to use common sense; you can't run 6 blocks with Speed II and then teleport away, because you're still in range of your enemy and that would be PvP logging...
    I miss skyblock being skyblock. Now it's just another KitPvP 3.. ._.

ItIsMe99 likes this.
  14. Saradabaschi

This was created to bring more fairness into the game. I get more and more the feeling that a lot of players turn it into a pvp-based and hunt-the-logger game which I don´t really want.
    If this continues there might be some changes in the future...

Snap likes this.
  15. Raggimm

Raggimm Member

I for one started playing sky block because of the PvP, just add the combat tag plugin.. Problem solved!!! And if they manage to get away deal with it...

16. Snap

This will bother players who actually want to play skyblock though, as people will be constantly getting tagged either at spawn or at their island.

17. Raggimm

Raggimm Member

[QUsuperxsnap, post: 198266, member: 6200"]This will bother players who actually want to play skyblock though, as people will be constantly getting tagged either at spawn or at their island.[/QUOTE]
    It doesnt affect to speed and its up to them if they let people on their island.

18. anillabear

anillabear Member

Stalker
    so what if we chose to jump out of the arena? can we still tp out? or that still pvp logging?

Snap likes this.
  19. Saradabaschi

Idk really. As long as you are not in combat for 1o seconds... Jumping off kinda kills you though.
    I do not really have an answer to that

20. Colourlight

Colourlight Member

Stalkers these days *shakes head*
    Home Page:
    Does the person really need to have PVP logged 3 times before staff take action? Thats what staff are saying in threads.. thats just gonna put people off reporting them