1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please stop clearing our animals

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by Snap, Dec 4, 2014.

?

Should animals be automatically removed once a week so that we can expect it?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

Was in the middle of shearing my sheep and they just vanished, because one player, yes one player out of 96 online at the time was complaining about lag. I didn't even have that many sheep, i think 4 of every colour at the time.
    What's worse is this; These two screenshots are from entirely different times of the day. As soup as my witness, the sheep despawned twice in about 2 hours between one another. So whats the point of even having animals if they're just going to disappear every 2 hours?
    2014-12-04_17.38.25.png 2014-12-04_18.41.11.png
    I understand that a huge amount of animals can cause a lot of lag, but perhaps it wasn't because of the animals? As i already said, there were 96 players online at the time..
    2014-12-04_18.42.10.png
    Can animals just be removed automatically once a week or something so that not only we can expect it, and have it happen 30,000% less often? It really isn't necessary to remove them everytime a guy says that he's lagging. This will also give us time to use our animals before having them reset. Or at least give a heads-up like on factions when items and mobs are going to be removed ;p
    2014-12-04_18.41.11.png
    2014-12-04_18.43.16.png
    People were still lagging AFTER the animals were cleared, so it was obviously something else causing it.. :s

Tacosbefriends and TangoRaptor_ like this.
  2. Snap

Just noticed this is the 300th thread made in the skyblock forums! Yay skyblock :)

3. LogBot

LogBot Member

Eating Pie
    I haven't had any issues with my passive mobs (like sheep pigs cows) getting cleared... but my villagers got cleared, and that is really annoying I don't have anything new to trade with :C

4. Catzore <3 Taco's

Catzore <3 Taco's Member

Artist (More of a hobby)
    Reminder: Skyblock is not gonna get any better if you keep removing our animals which makes us complain even more

5. tiger101tiger

tiger101tiger Member

Random stuff
    i think the reason for lagg on skyblock is all the people on islands extreemly far apart from one and another, because the more chuncks the server has to load, the laggier it will be.

Tacosbefriends likes this.
  6. Juanpablo1403

Juanpablo1403 Member

i dont like the idea i think lag can be solved other ways apart from despawning all entities. People (including me) have pets thats sad i just lost them all :( anyways im not talking about that i mean to repoblate all the farms we had it takes a lot of time if you have a big island also villagers despawned and have to get them all in my iron farms again i think its unfair for some people i know theres lag but its mainly because theres so much people in the server not because we want to create lag machines.

7. Snap

I seriously have no motivation to even log in anymore, after what happened last night. It takes ages to colour code all the sheep, and poof, they just vanish whilst i'm shearing them. Twice. In one day. Because one kid was lagging out of 96 people. Surely there's a better solution? I recall seeing some thread a while ago on changes to be made rather than clearing all our animals and making everybody cry.
    You know, chickens are a very easy animal to get, and all they do is cluck around all day. Maybe set a limit on how many chickens we can have? Or remove chickens entirely? idk?

8. Saradabaschi

Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

Animals don´t get removed because someone says "I´m lagging" in chat. They get removed when Jinjo and I see that the server is lagging, to make it better. Some people spawn way too many animals on their islands which causes lag besides other stuff. This only includes chickens and sheep though. From my knowledge villagers and pigs don´t get removed.

9. Catzore <3 Taco's

Catzore <3 Taco's Member

Artist (More of a hobby)
    Actually Villagers DO get removed D:

10. Snap

I really don't think that justifies removing animals for everybody. There was a kid in there who was really upset that his chickens had been despawned, and there's no point in investing in a colour-coded sheep farm if the animals get cleared before you can finish it. If somebody is causing trouble and spawning 1700 cows *cough external cough* Then that one person should be punished with a reset of their animals, but it isn't fair that everybody online loses them.

11. Tacosbefriends

Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

Snarky Internet Man
    Home Page:
    This is the reason spawners were introduced. As I've ranted about before, spawners are INSANELY resource-cheap as far as blocks go in Minecraft. They eliminate the need for enormous herds/flocks of animals by allowing you to slaughter them all without fear of being unable to repopulate. I highly recommend that everyone completes the farmer challenge in order to get the spawn eggs required for spawners so that you can help reduce the number of entities in Skyblock.

This is 100% true. Loaded chunks are one of the biggest causes of strain on a server. There's not much to do other than lower the server-side render distance (which we've done already) to fix this problem, so keeping entity count low is our best bet.

The only reason I can possibly see to keep several of the same animal is sheep, as they only spawn in a few colors, villagers, because they provide such helpful trades, and wolves/cats for protection from mobs. I'll talk to @jinjo90 and @Saradabaschi about excluding these from the clear list.

12. Snap

Please do!!! Will love you forever and will never eat a taco again even though i have never eaten a taco before anyways.

13. Drew McNamee

Drew McNamee Member

I Always hate it when mobs get cleared, especially because it makes your spawn eggs you get completely useless because they get removed and there is no way to save them ;-;

14. Drew McNamee

Drew McNamee Member

Also: Pretty much everyone would rather lag a lot than lose their villagers and such.

Snap likes this.
  15. marlutin

marlutin Member

I watched this thread and desperately went to see if my villagers disappeared (luckily they didn't)

16. tiger101tiger

tiger101tiger Member

Random stuff
    Oh, i 4got to add that I DONT CARE!!!!!! because i have a spawner for every animal i need... and all my horses are tamed :p

17. Anime_Pickles

Anime_Pickles Member

To Be Annoyin
    u have a villager one?

18. tiger101tiger

tiger101tiger Member

Random stuff
    yep

19. Anime_Pickles

Anime_Pickles Member

To Be Annoyin
    luckkyyyyy

20. Dai_Matsumoto

Dai_Matsumoto Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

Im having trouble finding the quote .__.