1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please put support for 1.7.X

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shosho4051, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shosho4051

Shosho4051 Member

This will still give more players the server, since the vast majority PvP play, and for us theBlockHitting is very necessary as it gives more playability to skywars, SG,etc..
    Almost every time i try to enter my minecraft ,version 1.7.10 crashes, it has happened 50 times, this would be very good, I hope your answer :D

2. tiger101tiger

tiger101tiger Member

Random stuff
    I'm pretty sure we used to have 1.7.10 people be able to get on, but I'm pretty sure we updated to only 1.8 people can get on

3. FLYING_PIANO66

FLYING_PIANO66 Member

Yes, block hitting is a very useful PvP technique, myself used it alot on 1.7.10. Though we have moved on and we switched to 1.8 this was made in Head Staff regulations and suggestions. 1.8 has affected servers internally immensely in different ways. Recently, if you where in this community before the major update, you must have seen the changes that has been put in place. Our System Administrator : @halothe23 and our dev @/rubik_cube_man have made the servers of CCG work with 1.8 specially. In this matter we cannot change the MineCraft version because of these reasons. If im not mistaken, the MineCraft devs themselves have tweeted that PvP changes will be made. You will have to wait until 1.9 to see if these will be made. CCG will act as quickly as they can with the help of md_5 to update the servers to 1.9 when it will be there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 1.8 has brought alot of perks also such as performance boost and open ends to future plans. I might add that there are other techniques in PvP that could make you a very good PvPer. Most of luck

-FLYING_PIANO

4. Shosho4051

Shosho4051 Member

Yh, but my suggestion is only support for 1.7 :D

5. Tacosbefriends

Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

Snarky Internet Man
    Home Page:
    You can still play on a 1.7 client. I don't know why you'd want to, but you still can.

6. MdsCool

MdsCool Member

Playing minecraft
    If we support 1.7, and 2.0 is out, we are gonna be a very outdated server with a player drop down.

So, I vote no.

7. SGTkuzey

SGTkuzey Member

Define?

8. _Patrickk

_Patrickk Member

I'm pretty sure it's when you are holding a sword and you are blocking (holding down the right mouse button) and attacking at the same time :)

9. Marco Slater

Marco Slater Owner Staff Member Owner

Pushing buttons for Digital Tree Media.
    Home Page:
    We officially do not support 1.7.* clients, you are still able to use 1.7 some times due to the protocol being very similar, however you will get many errors and crashes.

We provide support only for 1.8 clients at the moment, so if you use 1.7 and crash, thats not something we will fix.

If you dislike 1.8, then I apologise, but we can't change minecraft. You're better off going to Mojang and telling them that you don't like it, as we, unfortunately, cant change that ourselves.

Thread Closed.

Shosho4051 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.