1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pencilessssss builder's application

Discussion in 'Creative' started by impencilessssss, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impencilessssss

impencilessssss Member

the plot ID is 103;-93
    i hope i get accepted! 2014-08-21_22.03.49.png 2014-08-21_22.03.49.png 2014-08-21_22.03.32.png 2014-08-21_22.03.20.png 2014-08-21_22.03.20.png 2014-08-21_22.03.12.png 2014-08-21_22.03.12.png 2014-08-21_22.03.00.png

Attached Files:

2. BlueMoon475

BlueMoon475 Member

3. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

Try taking screenshots of it with the default texture pack, it's easier to see :p

4. impencilessssss

impencilessssss Member

oh yeah i kinda forgot i had that on there...sorry btw it doesnt change it very much btw

5. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

Yeah but it's nice to see it in a way that is more...familiar.

6. MorganDoezn'tPlayMc

MorganDoezn'tPlayMc Member

Aunty of dragons
    I like the way you have structured it

7. Terrarialover11

Terrarialover11 Member

I watch tv
    Like Morgan I like the structure and I like the detail and depth that you added to the outside but I would like to see some more interior added to them. Over all I enjoy the build gl.

Simbaaa likes this.
  8. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

My criticism:

I like the detail, size, and effort put into the build. I can tell you put a lot of work into it. However, the build is a little too generic. While it may look good at first, viewing it from multiple angles is very boring. The buildings are very straight and uniform, but I would like to see something exciting come out if it. Right now, it is well built but it is boring to look at. Add something unique that creates interest, like maybe Godzilla climbing the tallest tower, or a ram smashing into a wall freeze frame, or even spaceships picking up the towers and ripping them up off the ground. Builders like to see creativity, and your build is lacking in that.

Simbaaa, Terrarialover11 and Driii like this.
  9. Efcluke94

Efcluke94 Admin Staff Member Head Administrator Builder

Just wondering what the building actually is?

Simbaaa likes this.
  10. impencilessssss

impencilessssss Member

the build is supposed to be a midevil/fantasy castle

11. impencilessssss

impencilessssss Member

also trickmaster i think that if you add something like that into the build it would ruin it because it is supposed to be a midevil/fantasy castle and when you see castles they are like royalty and should be all nice and uniform

12. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

Well the problem with neat, uniform castles is that they get very boring. They may seem impressive at first, but they quickly die out. Thing is, anyone can build a castle. Going to be honest, a castle is a very standard and commonly used build. I could go out and ask for people who could build me a good castle and I could find a lot. You need to have something unique that other builders can't do. After all, what makes you special when there are hundreds of other people just like you. You need to wow the builders for a chance, and that is doing something original that sets you better than other people apart from the others.

Efcluke94 likes this.
  13. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

Look at @sealgoesowowow builder application. They did a tornado/wizard of oz type build. Now, WAY less people could do that than a castle. The idea, the build, it's unique. It makes them different, makes them special. (Link to their application: https://www.cubecraftgames.net/threads/builder-app-d.12393/) What you do to your build doesn't have to be crazy. You can keep your build unique while making it uniform. I am only saying that because everyone makes their castles uniform. If you were to make it not uniform and CRAZY, it would grab our attention and wow us. If that's not your style, do something unique yet uniform. If you want it to be medieval, add a market inside the castle walls. Or add an interactive shop in the market if you are good at redstone. Or add a hidden cave that can't see from the outside but is spectacular. Do something unique.

Efcluke94 and Driii like this.
  14. Driii

Driii Member

Like Trickmaster said, being unique is key. I honestly like the castle, but I'm pretty sure you have to be a bit more creative. You're still thinking inside the box, take a step out and try something that you usually wouldn't go for. It will help with learning different building styles also.

Trickmaster likes this.
  15. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

Exactly. I honestly like the castle, and the detail and effort you put into it is impressive. It's just that if you want to be even better and builder quality, you should push yourself even farther and create something unique and amazing.

16. Efcluke94

Efcluke94 Admin Staff Member Head Administrator Builder

I agree with the majority of what Trickmaster said, it's doesn't wow me. It's interesting and well detailed, however repetitive. Also the structure, I really don't like, I don't understand why there is a huge tower in the middle surround by walls, that's not a castle. I'm happy you took on board with what I said about not bone mealing and detailing roofs, since people always forget. Although it looks good, and is probably better than alot of plots I have seen on creative. It doesn't make me go 'wow'. It's lacking in something.

"I could go out and ask for people who could build me a good castle and I could find a lot. You need to have something unique that other builders can't do."

This quote from Trickmaster sums it up pretty well. Sorry but your just not quite there yet. I appreciate the hours of effort, but on this occasion its a no.

Driii and Trickmaster like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.