1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parkour guide

Discussion in 'Parkour' started by Catzore <3 Taco's, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Catzore <3 Taco's

Catzore <3 Taco's Member

Artist (More of a hobby)
    I know many...many almost too much people who are terrible at parkour because they don't know how to do it properly...no offence xD. So I am going to show you the strategies of each level of parkour (Easy, Medium, Hard and some different types of parkour eg. Ladder, water) So sometimes i call myself the parkour masta even though i fail at many types of parkour o3o. And also i will be playing mc on parkour figuring out some strategies and posting them here so its kinda like a play, learn n' post ._.
    Catzore's Parkour guide
    TIPS

1. One tip that is the most handy for me is "Corner jumping" as i call it. Now this is usually for parkour that goes up by up i mean the parkour goes up by 1 block. Now i really don't know how this makes everything easier-but trust me, it does. If you still don't know what i mean by jumping at the corner of a block here is what i mean 2014-12-31_17.25.43.png
    2. Another tip is if there is a parkour course and each block is spaced by 1 block- NEVER sprint. Trust me your gonna regret that
    3. If your a beginner and you think you see a short cut-DON'T DO IT! Its better if you do it when your much better at parkour
    4. If you are ever speed parkouring at ANYTHING (sprinting) always stop at least every 4 blocks
    5. If you find yourself stuck at a really far block and your really sure you cant make it, then go back to the last block you were on (if you can) then sprint to the block you were on a few seconds ago an at the most possible moment jump but don't take too long deciding if its the best time to jump because you might just sprint right off!
    6. Its a bad idea to use the double tap sprint button (ww) because you will sprint glitch most of the time (as people call it sprint glitching) So its better to use ctrl as your sprint button even though it is awkward to get used to it at first because you feel as if it is so far away from your fingers it really isn't if you get used to it (USE YOUR PINKIE)
    EASY PARKOUR
    Now easy parkour is well, easy but only if you know the ways of the easy and I know that easy parkour has mostly 2 block far apart blocks and sometimes 1 block far or 3 block far and the easiest way of getting through easy parkour is by just sprinting! But beware and don't get too into it or you will fall at the same jump so i
    recommend stopping every 5 or more/less blocks every time you sprint
    Nothing more to say about easy-its just easy
    MEDIUM
    Now this is where things wont be all "lol this is gonna be as easy as easy parkour lololololol i'm the best everyone get out of my way" NOPE this gets harder. Sprinting still is very useful because here the blocks are mostly 3-4 far apart blocks BUT if your sprinting its smart to stop every 2-3 blocks. Now in medium you will find yourself raging-a lot. You will either find yourself Raging, quitting or breaking the top off of your f3 button (like i did /cri ;-;) In medium you are going to find most of my tips to be handy for this. And to stop raging just get off of ccg or go to creative and build something A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. In medium you can be fooled a lot with 2-3 block jumps that go up (you know what i mean by up if you read the whole thread top to bottom) These jumps can be the hardest in medium if you don't know how to "out smart" these jumps.....just....jump at the most possible and best time
    HARD
    Even though i have not had much experience in "hard" parkour i will still try to tell you everything i learned about it. Now in hard the block spaces are usually 3-4-5 blocks apart which makes it pretty difficult and sprinting at times is almost too handy but you should stop too every....3-5 blocks? Again dont be fooled its a bad habit. Now in hard dont concentrate TOO much on the block your about to jump on IF you are sprint jumping. That is pretty much everything ive learned from hard parkour
    ICE
    When i watch videos on people doing parkour and all that kind of stuff and i see them about to do ice parkour i have ALWAYS never have i ever not heard them say either "Oh no not ice parkour" or "Oh great ice parkour is the worst parkour!" I Continue: I always think to myself "Am i just good at parkour or is there something i'm missing?" So if you hate ice parkour here i will tell you how to not hate it anymore! So ice is pretty easy, All you got to do is get onto it and press w then slightly tap s and shift then keep going. Also ice is a very good boost for parkour that has far apart blocks.
    LADDER
    Ladder can be tricky at times but i find it easy and there is many ways ladder parkour can be arranged like one way is when there ladders going around a pillar of blocks. All you have to do is shift to the very edge then jump while pressing A and W then quickly when you jump press D. There is other ladder arrangements but really there is no strategy for those you just have to go with the pattern
    WATER
    Even though i have not done water parkour much a few things i know is that don't go to the water next until you have reached the top and all i really know more is that its a little bit by chance for you to not fall

That is all i am going to write for you i hope you learned something and if you want to learn about a specific kind of parkour just ask me and i will be sure to help :) -CATZEEEERE

Trickmaster likes this.
  2. Cubss

Cubss Member

Being a nub
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
    Chippeh and YounB like this.
  3. Catzore <3 Taco's

Catzore <3 Taco's Member

Artist (More of a hobby)
  4. Anime_Pickles

Anime_Pickles Member

To Be Annoyin
  5. KoningKiwi

KoningKiwi Member

Spider-man
    Home Page:
    -Another tip is if there is a parkour course and each block is spaced by 1 block- NEVER sprint. Trust me your gonna regret that
    I always sprint ._.
    -If your a beginner and you think you see a short cut-DON'T DO IT! Its better if you do it when your much better at parkour
    Kden, another thing I always tend to do xD
    -If you are ever speed parkouring at ANYTHING (sprinting) always stop at least every 4 blocks
    I never make the 4th jump...
    -If you find yourself stuck at a really far block and your really sure you cant make it, then go back to the last block you were on...
    Although Im sure I cant make it, I be like: Just dooo iiiiiit
    -Its a bad idea to use the double tap sprint button (ww) because you will sprint glitch most of the time
    OMG, I never use that, I iz pro

Thanks for the tips @Catzore <3 Taco's
    I think this will make me... erm, let's say 'less terrible' at parkour
    :)

YounB likes this.
  6. Catzore <3 Taco's

Catzore <3 Taco's Member

Artist (More of a hobby)
    XD just saying you can sprint if there is a 1 block spaced jump but dont do it when it goes up by 1 cuz then you hit the block and bye bye :)

7. Anime_Pickles

Anime_Pickles Member

To Be Annoyin
    dennyyy whaatt

8. Catzore <3 Taco's

Catzore <3 Taco's Member

Artist (More of a hobby)
    Oh oh nothing just your a little...off when doing parkour ;)

9. Anime_Pickles

Anime_Pickles Member

To Be Annoyin
    IM GOOOD AT PARKOUR @Sevenade78

10. eshuren1

eshuren1 Member

Parkour is easy... all you gotta do is...
    1.) Run like hell
    2.) Scream like hell
    3.) Jump like hell
    4.) get lucky as hell

;D

11. Sevenade78

Sevenade78 Member

Very good!
    To show that Imma show you what I get to read when you are parkouring:
    "AWW DANGIT!" "WHAT THE" "I'm done."
    Tips for parkour: Don't rage! Keep it calm and then you'll easily make it!

12. Saradabaschi

Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

I got better at parkour Cubs o.o
    Thx for the tips. Unfortunately I donĀ“t really think that they will help me much xD

13. Sevenade78

Sevenade78 Member

Guys, here are some tips I like to use more and more:
    For a sprinting button I'd prefer "R" because it's close to the "W" Key and it's not in an awkward position.
    2. As already said, on 4 block jumps use the jump before to get a little boost.
    3. If there are jumps, where you have to get onto a ladder, but it's pretty far away, you should Press & Hold the shift key when on the ladder, so you won't fall down

I hope this helped a little bit, and if you've got any questions about parkouring in general, feel free to ask me(or Catzore I guess), I will reply ASAP.

14. Anime_Pickles

Anime_Pickles Member

To Be Annoyin
    1. I assume you don't get cramps in your finger
    2. aint nobody got time for that
    3. nah m8

15. Blooberry

Blooberry Member

Professional Giraffe Wrangler
    how 2 parkour (4 dummies)

1. run like sonic hedgehog
    2. aim at block
    3. pray 2 notch and jump 2 next block

Thanks for joining me on this parkour adventure.

YounB likes this.
  16. Sevenade78

Sevenade78 Member

How fast?
    Sahnic fast!
    If "aint nobody got time for that" It's quicker to do the jumps in 1 run rather than stopping at them, so that doesn't make any sense

17. Anime_Pickles

Anime_Pickles Member

To Be Annoyin
    When do I make sense?