Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Parkour, try to stay on topic!

Do you believe that maps on the Medium Parkour gamemode could be easier?

• Yes, I do. They are difficult maps and should be edited.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • No, I don’t. The difficult aspect is what makes the game fun!

Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
PARKOUR - GAMEPLAY / POTENTIAL DILEMMAS

Hello, Cubecrafters!
With the recent update with parkour, we have received lots of information back from the community - know that all of your feedback is essential to further development of the game and its contents!

Parkour is split into three categories - easy, medium and hard. After looking at some of the times for medium maps, we've noticed that not a lot of people are able to complete it (git gud). As the levels in medium should be slightly challenging but not too difficult, we wanted to know from the community if you share this opinion from firsthand gameplay.

To help us with this, we would like you to fill in a simple template to show us what jump in what map you find particularly difficult, or what other people may find difficult. If you have the same jump as someone else, you can either like their post, or post it again. This will help our build team edit the maps so that it is less difficult.

TEMPLATE:
- Map + Level number.
- Screenshot of jump with coordinates (F3).

As always, if you have any other suggestions regarding other parkour aspects, please send it to our suggestion forum and we will take a look at it. https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/suggestions/

Thanks a lot! NOTE: Any off topic comments will be deleted to keep this nice and neat for the build team to find relevant replies.

- The staff team.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
I do like the difficulty of some parkours. It's surely something that makes the game enjoyable. But some jumps definitely demand a change. I've been looking around and saw that a lot of players failing the same jump over and over again, that's why I am 'reporting' them.

The following jumps seem to be really challenging for many players.

House - Level 1.
2018-05-13_13.14.49.png

Retro - Level 1. A lot of players quit because of this jump. There are already some quite hard jumps before this one, and they have to start all over again if they fail this one. This jump shouldn't be too hard if you know how to do it, but for many players, this jump is too complicated.
2018-05-13_13.08.38.png

Beach - Level 2. This level is quite hard in general. I think it's safe to say this shouldn't be a level 2 map, as there are a lot of hard jumps in this parkour. If players make it this far, they mostly fail this jump. It isn't that hard if you know how to do it, but you mostly fail.
2018-05-14_15.34.45.png

I will try to post more ASAP.

Last edited:

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I do like the difficulty of some parkours. It's surely something that makes the game enjoyable. But some jumps definitely demand a change. I've been looking around and saw that a lot of players failing the same jump over and over again, that's why I am 'reporting' them.

The following jumps seem to be really challenging for many players.

House - Level 1.View attachment 145904

Retro - Level 1. A lot of players quit because of this jump. There are already some quite hard jumps before this one, and they have to start all over again if they fail this one. This jump shouldn't be too hard if you know how to do it, but for many players, this jump is too complicated.
View attachment 145905

Beach - Level 2. This level is quite hard in general. I think it's safe to say this shouldn't be a level 2 map, as there are a lot of hard jumps in this parkour. If players make it this far, they mostly fail this jump. It isn't that hard if you know how to do it, but you mostly fail.
View attachment 145955

I will try to post more ASAP.
Last screenshot, if you just double jump it should be an easy one.

Reactions: Ponyah

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Retro level 3 is way too long, perhaps cut it in half and make it 2 seperate levels? It takes over a minute and a half to complete, twice as long as level 1 and 2.

The level:

Reactions: Younisco

BridgetMS

Feb 10, 2018
In the Netherlands
I surely love the parkour game mode! Especially because they are really good. But just a suggestion, maybe it’ll make it better. I don’t know if anyone else has this. But when I wanna play, I don’t know which one I’ve already done. Can you see it somewhere or can’t you? Cause it would be a good upgrade to see like: finished or - in progress

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I surely love the parkour game mode! Especially because they are really good. But just a suggestion, maybe it’ll make it better. I don’t know if anyone else has this. But when I wanna play, I don’t know which one I’ve already done. Can you see it somewhere or can’t you? Cause it would be a good upgrade to see like: finished or - in progress
You can see this when you hover over the parkour selection menu, you can click on a map and if you have gotten a bronze medal, you’ve completed it. Plus, you won’t be able to go to the next level without completing the last. :P

Reactions: BridgetMS

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Though I don't have many problems in regards to difficult jumps (haven't touched hard levels yet though), one thing that really messes a map up is invisible walls. Barriers in the middle of huge shortcuts are a pretty disappointing way to find out a specific route is possible, since it's much better to give people a chance at making the jump and have a nice time bonus. In my opinion, if someone cleverly finds a possible shortcut, you should let them use it instead of blocking them with barrier walls. It's the most annoying way to do it. If you don't want shortcuts to be possible, redesign the map to a point where it wouldn't be possible in the first place. That way, players wouldn't feel as down about it seeing as it's not forced by walls. Parkour should reward people from taking shortcuts; shortcuts gives the courses so much more potential for competitiveness, in regards to completing with the shortest time possible.

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Though I don't have many problems in regards to difficult jumps (haven't touched hard levels yet though), one thing that really messes a map up is invisible walls. Barriers in the middle of huge shortcuts are a pretty disappointing way to find out a specific route is possible, since it's much better to give people a chance at making the jump and have a nice time bonus. In my opinion, if someone cleverly finds a possible shortcut, you should let them use it instead of blocking them with barrier walls. It's the most annoying way to do it. If you don't want shortcuts to be possible, redesign the map to a point where it wouldn't be possible in the first place. That way, players wouldn't feel as down about it seeing as it's not forced by walls. Parkour should reward people from taking shortcuts; shortcuts gives the courses so much more potential for competitiveness, in regards to completing with the shortest time possible.
There are many many shortcuts in medium & hard parkour. (Also easy but that's just, you know ...)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
GiGaGekkies wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom