1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parkour builder?

Discussion in 'Parkour' started by Eoinje2014, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eoinje2014

Eoinje2014 Member

Hey I just made new parkour the other one was bad I know and if you are interested do /Plotme tp 11;-163
    It's really good and it's a temple themed and all my friends like it so far and told me it's better than all my other plots so when you guys have spare time please check it out. @Efcluke94 @SGTkuzey @noodles77 @Minimooseha @Cubs909 @Parvati12 lol so many I think that's it and thanks for looking if you do and no screen shots cause my computer has a virus so I'm on an ipad bye and thanks

2. Aimee2323

Aimee2323 Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

Lying in bed all day
    If it's the one I looked at yesterday, there's what, signs at the start and at the end and that's the whole storyline? That's nowhere near a long enough story.

3. noodles77

noodles77 Member

Hobo
    The title "Parkour builder?" So this is another application for parkour builder?

4. Eoinje2014

Eoinje2014 Member

5. noodles77

noodles77 Member

Hobo
    This is not what we are looking for. This has been what, your third or fourth attempt at getting parkour builder? If you want it that much, you'll need to make some changes:
    • Add more terraforming NOT world edit. (It's obvious that you rely on w/e a lot.)
    • Try to take up the entire plot and be resourceful of your given space. In my opinion, twisty turny routes are the most efficient.
    • Actually develop on your story. Don't make it like movies or books or TV shows or anything. Just from your mind. (I sometimes just take my random thoughts/dreams and work them into something.)
    • Don't overdose on the signs and don't be too shy with them. A good story will have to be told with multiple signs. All you have is 2 at the start and 2 at the end.
    • Add visually appealing aspects to your map. It just looks like sandstone walls, quartz blocks, etc...
    • Make the requirement of restarting or going back to checkpoints believable. At times in this parkour, the reset fall is just 1 block from the ground. Make it a deep pit or something like that. A 1 block drop wouldn't hurt a fly.
    • Actually take time and effort into making your parkours. Sometimes, it will take weeks for me to finish something I'm working on.

YounB, Trickmaster and Parvati12 like this.
  6. MorganDoezn'tPlayMc

MorganDoezn'tPlayMc Member

Aunty of dragons
    Can someone post screenshots? ._.

7. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

Another thing: Don't rely on having friends tell you it's 'good.' Often that causes 2 things.
    1) It raises your ego so when/if you are denied, it hurts even more.
    2) It leads you into a false sense of confidence and blocks you from taking suggestions and actually improving.

The harsh reality is that the things our 'friends' tell us are said behind a nice face; they're going to say, In fact they have to say that is looks nice or they're going to look like a terrible friend. Also friends often don't fully understand what level you are competing on, so they give you praise even when it isn't up to par. I'm not saying re-evaluate your friends, but just don't lock yourself in to what they say, especially when you're building at a higher level. I'm saying all this from first-hand experience- the only way to improve sadly is criticism, but it's for the best.

noodles77 likes this.
  8. noodles77

noodles77 Member

Hobo
    The plot was reset. Could somebody please lock this thread?

9. TheAdventurerMM

TheAdventurerMM Member

Locked as requested.

rick4games and noodles77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.