Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Will do! Thanks for mentioning me here.

In the following sentence(s) I will mention everything wrong with it - no worries, please. Here:

First of all, there is something completely wrong with the shading one of the sides. It looks a tiny bit weird. Second, the body and front hair lacks (good) shading: the extra additions to the skin like the thing on the shirt, etc don't blend in all that well and look like it's just pasted on. Also, what's on the back? If that's part of the film character then please inform me as it looks a bit strange.

Now I know that might have sounded a little harsh, but I'm just noting points on which you can improve by practice. If you want to become a skin artist, you're gonna have to improve more, as this is simply just not enough. I'm not trying to be rude here, I'm trying to inform you and help you evaluate for reaching your goal.

So, now for how to improve and where you need to practice:
- For the first (and most) thing(s), you're just going to have to have knowledge about skin art and you'll need to practice with it. When finishing a skin, you should look at it once or twice more, to confirm if you haven't made any mistakes or not. They're easily recognisable when finished, whereas during the skin making, you easily tend to overlook things.
- For the second thing mainly, you should study and look on the net for some shading styles and patterns that suit you. I suggest looking for realistic pre-made shading patterns. You can use these to practice over and over. After a while you'll see you memorize it, which is the moment when you can start experimenting with it to give it your own touch. This way you will be able to have your own shading pattern! Doesn't that sound cool? Try thinking logically during experimenting with shading. Where would the light fall? Where would the darkened spots be? These are all questions with the answer to improve your personal shading. Also, many parts of the skin look very pasted on. You should try making the colours a bit more greyish/darkish to blend them in. Not sure what to call it here, but I think those are good words to kind of explain what I mean here? Bright(ish) colours aren't really fitting for many skins - unless of course you're making some neon warrior or something, haha - so I'd suggest avoiding using those kind of colours or various similar ones. You used colours that are somewhat bright. IF using these however, I would suggest using so called 'in-between' colours in between the two different colours to blend it in more. Otherwise it will look pasted on.
- As for the third thing, I would like to be informed on what that thing on the back is. Is it part of the character's jacket? Because, it and its shading look quite different to the shading of the other jacket and clothing.

I would love to see you improve as you release more of your skins over time. I'm sure that one day, you'll be an amazing skin artist! Good luck with future skins! >u<

D

Deleted member 396387

Will do! Thanks for mentioning me here.

In the following sentence(s) I will mention everything wrong with it - no worries, please. Here:

First of all, there is something completely wrong with the shading one of the sides. It looks a tiny bit weird. Second, the body and front hair lacks (good) shading: the extra additions to the skin like the thing on the shirt, etc don't blend in all that well and look like it's just pasted on. Also, what's on the back? If that's part of the film character then please inform me as it looks a bit strange.

Now I know that might have sounded a little harsh, but I'm just noting points on which you can improve by practice. If you want to become a skin artist, you're gonna have to improve more, as this is simply just not enough. I'm not trying to be rude here, I'm trying to inform you and help you evaluate for reaching your goal.

So, now for how to improve and where you need to practice:
- For the first (and most) thing(s), you're just going to have to have knowledge about skin art and you'll need to practice with it. When finishing a skin, you should look at it once or twice more, to confirm if you haven't made any mistakes or not. They're easily recognisable when finished, whereas during the skin making, you easily tend to overlook things.
- For the second thing mainly, you should study and look on the net for some shading styles and patterns that suit you. I suggest looking for realistic pre-made shading patterns. You can use these to practice over and over. After a while you'll see you memorize it, which is the moment when you can start experimenting with it to give it your own touch. This way you will be able to have your own shading pattern! Doesn't that sound cool? Try thinking logically during experimenting with shading. Where would the light fall? Where would the darkened spots be? These are all questions with the answer to improve your personal shading. Also, many parts of the skin look very pasted on. You should try making the colours a bit more greyish/darkish to blend them in. Not sure what to call it here, but I think those are good words to kind of explain what I mean here? Bright(ish) colours aren't really fitting for many skins - unless of course you're making some neon warrior or something, haha - so I'd suggest avoiding using those kind of colours or various similar ones. You used colours that are somewhat bright. IF using these however, I would suggest using so called 'in-between' colours in between the two different colours to blend it in more. Otherwise it will look pasted on.
- As for the third thing, I would like to be informed on what that thing on the back is. Is it part of the character's jacket? Because, it and its shading look quite different to the shading of the other jacket and clothing.

I would love to see you improve as you release more of your skins over time. I'm sure that one day, you'll be an amazing skin artist! Good luck with future skins! >u<
Thanks for this nice summary and improvement points, I've read it very carefully and will definitely take this with me to my next skin! :D
Thanks for your time! <3

Reactions: Hoshi
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom