Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
Kinda unneeded, but that’s up to story and the other user(s) who edit this thread.
I'm confused; designers are the same as Translators, helpers, etc. So why not add their languages also (yes, I know it is up to story, but I just want to know why you think it's unneeded).

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm confused; designers are the same as Translators, helpers, etc. So why not add their languages also (yes, I know it is up to story, but I just want to know why you think it's unneeded).

Designers are nowhere near the same as translators, helpers, and etc. The point of staff languages is to provide an easier way for players to know who speaks what in case they need help and can only speak that language, it's purely connected to that, designers don't help players or do any moderation or helping work, they primarily work in the marketplace and content creation, sort of the same as developed, hence why knowing there languages would clog up the list and is not needed.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Designers are nowhere near the same as translators, helpers, and etc. The point of staff languages is to provide an easier way for players to know who speaks what in case they need help and can only speak that language, it's purely connected to that, designers don't help players or do any moderation or helping work, they primarily work in the marketplace and content creation, sort of the same as developed, hence why knowing there languages would clog up the list and is not needed.
To add on^ Moderators, Helpers and Translators are the face of this server. Everything they do or say can affect a lot of members. Developers and Designers do a lot more background work, so that effects us less directly in some matters. It’s not really needed to know the languages they speak, but it could be useful in a small amount of cases.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
To add on^ Moderators, Helpers and Translators are the face of this server. Everything they do or say can affect a lot of members. Developers and Designers do a lot more background work, so that effects us less directly in some matters. It’s not really needed to know the languages they speak, but it could be useful in a small amount of cases.
Indeed, devs and designers do a lot of background work, but if someone wants to know what the function of both of these is and if they can't really speak English, it would be useful to know the languages of the devs and the designers ( just an example).

Reactions: Entrustious6679

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s sad but shouldn’t IceScreams on the interview section have his interview as EX staff?

No, because the rank is shown for time of interview, example, Marieke’s interview was when she was an x-staff member. Now she is Sr. Mod.

Indeed, devs and designers do a lot of background work, but if someone wants to know what the function of both of these is and if they can't really speak English, it would be useful to know the languages of the devs and the designers ( just an example).

It really is pointless and although it’s cool trivia, I suppose, it messes up the point of it. The staff who can actually help you should be on there, not staff that can’t.

Reactions: Entrustious6679

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
No, because the rank is shown for time of interview, example, Marieke’s interview was when she was an x-staff member. Now she is Sr. Mod.

It really is pointless and although it’s cool trivia, I suppose, it messes up the point of it. The staff who can actually help you should be on there, not staff that can’t.
Why not? It just completes it; it is always handy to know their languages. Forgot my arguments I mentioned, it is just a small change.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Why not? It just completes it; it is always handy to know their languages. Forgot my arguments I mentioned, it is just a small change.

I've already explained it to you, the point of languages is for staff on the front lines of things that help players to have their languages displayed for players being able to help them. Knowing what language Dylalia speaks won't help you get unbanned by a moderator, or what language Toropov speaks to punish a player. In short, it's not even for a trivial reason like "just a list of what's what" it can be a useful tool, but not for designers. I'm going to end the conversation here as it'll most likely keep going in circles. Good day!

Also, Story, or any staff member currently in-charge of editing Staff Status and History, or who could provide statements on this, wants to weight in like @Marieke2001 did, feel free! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Marieke2001
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom