1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New To This

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by bjornebjorn97, Jun 7, 2014.

1. bjornebjorn97

bjornebjorn97 Member

Hello CCG community, this might sound stupid but I've actually never played sky block before. Today has been my first time playing, but I only played for a few minutes. As I said I am new to sky block and I'd really like to learn about it, strategies etc. I am a PvPer, as you may have noticed I always and only play mini games that involve PvP like sky wars, Kit PvP, SCB (sometimes). Thats why I haven't played sky block, but now I think is time to try something new, a game where you don't PvP and rather survive. So thats why I now want to learn to play sky block. And it is really hard to get a good start by yourself, so thats why I wonder if I may join an island for now with loyal and kind players who will be able to help me, and teach me (experienced players). :)

INFO: I started today, played for like 20 minutes, I have around 140 000 points but do really not know how to get started and what to do. I don't like watching videos on youtube, I think it is better getting taught by others in the game.

Hope I don't sound too noob for you know, and I really hope to learn as much as possible from you :)

2. AtomicBirdAss

AtomicBirdAss Member

The idea is, you start out with a few basic things. First thing you'll need to do is make a cobblestone generator, and a infinite waterpool. Chop down the tree and hope you get as many saplings as possible. Plant the saplings straight away. With the cobble you get from the cobblestone generator, you can expand your island.
    Some tips:
    • If you fall down, type /spawn. You wont die, since falling damage is disabled at spawn.
    • Make a dark platform to let mobs spawn. Gather up bones to bonemeal grass and get seeds.
    • Dig a 2x2 hole. Put water in two corners to make an infinite water pool.
    • NEVER loose your dirt. Dirt is one of the most usefull blocks ingame.
    • Kill zombies. Zombies might drop iron. (Drop rate of iron is like 2% or so. Really low)
    • The space you have is 100x100, If you are expanding your island, watch out you dont fall of because you are near the edge.
    • You can NOT build to other peoples islands.
    Those are kinda the basic things... I hope I helped you out a bit.
    See you on Skyblock!
    -Atomic

bjornebjorn97 likes this.
  3. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

If you are on skyblock now, i can give you a few tips :) I have a level 400 island so i can help with almost anything

4. Verdag

Verdag Member

Dirt is valuable, yes. But some people are willing to sell loads of dirt

5. gedas001

gedas001 Member

Easy:
    For non-donators - Try to do what atomic said to survive.

For donators - Just stay AFK. You have your hunger bar always full, so what's the point... ;3

6. bjornebjorn97

bjornebjorn97 Member

Thank you so much Atomic for those amazing ideas :) You too superxsnap and verdag :)

Gedas, I will try :D

7. AtomicBirdAss

AtomicBirdAss Member

No problem! Also, when Im online, ask me anything.
    My island level is pretty low atm, but thats because we are turning our whole island into one giant castle. Its level used to be somewhere areound 600 I believe...

8. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

If you still need help, i can provide you with stacks of bones, i have too many anyways =p Just turn em into bonemeal and you're set when it comes to food ^.^