1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New ideas for improving skyblock as we know it as of 3/26/15

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by ma_man321, Mar 26, 2015.

?

Was this usefull

Poll closed Apr 16, 2015.
  1. yes

60.0%
  2. no

30.0%
  3. ehh... so so

10.0%
  1. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff
    As an introduction my name is ma_man321 , and recently i have posted a thread on the suggestion page of how we the qubecraft community may improve the skyblocks server. In that review i had 4 main points. those points were : how to improve shop , reducing lag , implementing a viable way to obtain rare spawners and resetting nether ever so often. Now that thread got positive reviews from both the administration and the player base. That prompted me to look around the qubecrfat forums and see what other people wanted skyblock to change( don't worry i will cite everyone's ideas with the proper owner later .) and to formulate with mine to create a part of the community wants the skyblock server to improve.

For this thread i will have three main points : 1) New ideas of how to reduce lag ,2) introducing player based stores , 3) The addition of new challenges.

In my previus thread i suggested that to reduce lag when a large amount people are online , the admins should add the clear lag system . now i wont go into detail what that specific system is if your curious please check out my other thread there i explain in detail. But i will explain quickly, the clear lag system removes ALL entities from the server every (15 min-20 min). At the time i did not realize that mobs were also considered entities so that along with blocks lying on the ground the would also get wiped. This would pose a problem to obtaining and regular mob drops (superxsnap thank you for pointing this out). This made me think of new ways to reduce the imminence and unplayable lag when there are over 10k players online on qubecraft and i think i came up with a simple solution. that solution is multiple skyblock servers. Lets pretend that theoretically there are 120 players online on the skyblock server , (40% or 48 players of whom have just recently have started playing skyblock on qubecraft or have restarted their island). Now just to be clear the number 40% may be completely incorrect im just basing this on my judgement.But continuing on ,these 120 people together generate allot of lag. As they all simultaneously talk,mine,place blocks,etc... this puts strain on the server and creates when we all know and love, something called LAG. However if there were 2 skyblock servers with the option in the hub to which skyblock server you would want o go i would say that slightly below 50% (just as an example im picking the number 45%) With 45% of the people going to the new server that would relieve the strain on the first original server as nearly 54 people would go to the new skyblock server. The only problem that i see with this idea is that qubecraft will have to pay addition money to support a new server, however the people donate money to the server on a daily basis so supporting 1 new server should not be such a challnge and strain on qubecraft coffers.

Now this is a fun idea , how about let the players make their own mini shops ? This would allow the players to make up their own prices for items eg: 10 points for 1 bone. Now there will be still a server shop its just there will also be a player shop as well. It can add many new things that are not in the shop without the tedium for the administrators to manually to add in stuff , realizing that once they finished the players actually wanted something else. No with a player base shop the market will be constantly evolving. The problems that i inatialy see with this is that people might try to scam ie 1 diamond for 3.00 points( some people might see this as 300 not 3) and my only response is that the people will scam forever its just a part of humanity however sad it may be.

Finnaly my last idea is for improving skyblock the addition of new challenges. Ok so i started a new island and progressed on it for around 1 month in that time period i managed to quickly build allot of farms and get those achievements up. (Most of the achievements are farm based if u wonder how farms i have ask
    Saradabaschi shes seen my island) hmm on second though i dont want a raging admin on my bum for the rest of eternity being angry when a random person ask s her how many farms does ma_man321 have?
    I will answer that right now when ready to harvest i have 48 carrots and potatoes i have 92 wheat 64 pumpkins and melons , 2 stacks or reeds and nether wart, 48 cactus stalks like there is 48 sand on my island and i have 32 jungle logs with coco beans on each face of the log and finally i have 2 10 by 10 by 8 pools for fishing. All these farms have made very easy to get through the easy medium and hard challenges. Now that i am on master rank my pace has slows down. I only have left like 4 or 5 master challenge and 1 hard and 1 medium challenge left to do before i finish all the challenges. This made me think can there be even more challenges? I mean in one month i had gone through 3 and half ranks of challnges , so please can u add some more to each rank or even add a new rank of challnges ? some ideas for new challenges : medium : get 30 exp levels and receive 5 iron ore 2 gold and efficiency 2 sharp 2 power 2 and protect 2 enchant book. Each time you complete this challenge the bar goes up by 2.

Well this is an end to this weeks mad rambling. If you've enjoyed please leave a like. if you have any further suggestion also leave them in the comments section and as promised here where i got my ideas from thank you pingu and
    Minimooseha for giving me the idea to get shop easier to use , and thank you you qubecraft admins for creating such a wonderful server . ps this is to sara please no hate if u get the message XD.

Tacosbefriends, Snap and Saradabaschi like this.
  2. Saradabaschi

Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

You might be right. I never wanted that because I thought that would split the Skyblock community.
    I think superxsnap suggested adding two servers a while ago as well. But he wanted to add an op and a normal one which I really didn´t like.
    The system with which you buy servers works a bit different but you are basically right.

Skyblock is more if a trading game. Points will be only given out if a player trades with the Skyblock traders.
    If they want to buy/sell something from/to players they will have to trade with them. One item for the other.
    With /warp players used to have shops. Unfortunately they can´t not use them at the moment.

I think you played Skyblock like a addicted player ;D
    I guess that new challenges could be added (someday xD). Can´t say anything against that.

I don´t think that anyone really minds how many farms you have :p
    And it is Sarah ;P

Overall nice suggestions :)

3. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff
    Lol by saying I have a lot of farms I mean that a person from the beggining gets loads of them he basicly can breeze through the challenges quite easily. And I swear I'm not addicted I have left my computer for only 2 months XD.

4. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

The whole 'OP' skyblock thing was just my way of emphasizing how bad skyblock has gotten in terms of item distribution. It was just a suggestion to cater to lag, and to give players an opportunity to have another island with other friends without losing their current one. (I still personally think that this is the best option in terms of player satisfaction and lag reduction)

Idea two sounds like it could take a very long time to make, but it'll make the game a lot more fun and like an actual marketplace, rather than just bartering with other players and guessing which items they want in return. If enough players want this, i say it should be worked on! :) It could go either way really; it could make players happy that they have more freedom with their items, or it could annoy players who spam " DO /WARP SHOP SUPERXSNAP 4 DISCOUNTZ"

Idea three sounds perfect; skyblock is like factions; it's based on long-term dedication, and shouldn't only take a few days to complete. I'd like to see difficult challenges, such as a challenge that gives you a single enderframe as a reward, and another requesting that you kill an enderdragon (if it's possible to give players their own dragon). This means that you'll have to complete that difficult challenge multiple times to get enough frames for the next challenge.
    I'd also like to see cosmetic rewards rather than spawners that basically give you infinite food (not that they're awesome). I want a chance to obtain things like endstone, mossy brick, clay, lapiz etc. in bulk since they're such beautiful blocks (Ok, maybe not mossy brick) and yet they cannot be obtained without doing a challenge 1500 times, or by getting a ton of alt accounts and re-doing the challenges, which doesn't seem fair.

Great suggestions :) *liked*

5. Colourlight

Colourlight Member

Stalkers these days *shakes head*
    Home Page:
    I personally don't like this,because I think it would split the SkyBlock community.
    I don't really liek this, as people would just come and have empty chests.
    I think there is enough challenges. And you can repeat them as well.

6. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

It's still one community, just on two different servers. You could still view the other one if you like.
    Why would they have empty chests? :s
    Once you're level 1000 (which isn't much anymore) you have nothing else to do. You also cannot repeat challenges that give you lapiz, which is mean :( I like lapiz.

7. Colourlight

Colourlight Member

Home Page:
    Well, if you've got a public shop, where are they gonna get the items from? Yeah, your island chests/storage blocks, so you might come on and find them empty (the stuff you didn't want taken)

8. Marmalademan02 =)

Marmalademan02 =) Member

a jar of jam but with marmalade in insted of jam
    just read the first few line of it and it sayd to get rare spawners but if you could do that they wouldn't be rare.

9. Marmalademan02 =)

Marmalademan02 =) Member

with the 2 servers of op and not op, it could be the same server but a op spawn and a not op spawn etc. All people can access both the spawns but in the spawn of op people it is more advanced and with shops for more expensive and valuable things but in the other spawn there is more basic items and starter things.the chat isn't separate and the organisation of the islands could stay the same but there are separate shops and spawns and pvp areas. Also for a lot of points you could purchase a hireable mob grinder for 3-5 mins. Also there could be a /beginner kit which has some starter tools and armour this could be used once a week or something else. There also I one for the higher people which can only be used when you are in the higher group.
    is some of that against Eula with the kits for different people if not I'd like to see this added.

10. Tacosbefriends

Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

Snarky Internet Man
    Home Page:
    ClearLag: NOPE.avi
    Multiple Skyblock Servers: Interesting, definitely a good suggestion if we have the servers to spare.
    Player Shops: Would take some coding. I think the trade rooms are sufficient for now, but a good idea nonetheless.
    New Challenges: Good idea. We might already have something in the works.

Colourlight and Snap like this.
  11. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff
    Static let me clarify you said that "Well, if you've got a public shop, where are they gonna get the items from? Yeah, your island chests/storage blocks, so you might come on and find them empty (the stuff you didn't want taken)" however I think you misunderstood by player shops I meant a shop system created by the player similar to that of what I wanted to happen for the Mian sky block shop to be in the first suggestion that I made.(i.e a sigh system). Players won't be able to acces normal chests or grief or anything other than right click. For example the player walks up to a player made shop chest that sais sell 1 lapis lazuli and get 50 points. He will be able to right click the sigh only (as if your trading with villager). Consequently 1 lapis luzuli leaves his inventory and goes into chest while the seller receives 50 points. The seller can repeat the process by right clicking agian. Now not all trades have to be like 1 for some amount of points it could be intimately high. Like 32 or 64 0r even 5000. But it will up to seller to determine if price is right.

12. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff
    Marmalade let me clear up I mever wanted to split the community into"op and not op" I just wanted the option for a new player or a returning the is trying out sky lock or whatever to have a choice which server to go to. Yes at first the second server may seem "not op" but in time a few people will emerge. By this I mean normaly if someone wants to play SB he or she only has 1 server option. And the more people online on a server the more lag it creates. However if there were 2 servers instead of one the stream of players will be slightly diverted to the new server giving the original server less Strian and consequently less lag.

13. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff
    Oh I just re here's Sarah's comment mabey this could be even more difficult to code but still possible mabey as the sight system u could have give 1 bone and recieve 10 saplings. And if the buyer runs out of saplings or his chest fills up then the trade won't become possible and the sight will refuse to buy/sell.

14. Marmalademan02 =)

Marmalademan02 =) Member

I saw something like that on a prison server I was on

Colourlight likes this.
  15. ma_man321

ma_man321 Member

Stuff
    were do u think i get most of my ideas from?

16. Colourlight

Colourlight Member

Home Page:
    Your head?

17. GuaaarrD

GuaaarrD Member

Spotify
    There are Plugins like Chestshop who make UserShops 100% easyier to use.

18. GuaaarrD

GuaaarrD Member

Spotify
    easier*