1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Host Ubication?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DiosGamezia, Feb 8, 2015.

1. DiosGamezia

DiosGamezia Member

Home Page:
    Hi, i`ve been playing Cubecraft since a lot of time, but i always had a problem! The same problem i asure that hundreds of other players have, and thats bad MS ! (Ping) Im from Argentina, and Cubecraft network is hosted way over in Europe, Be fore Cubecraft was really really famou, 330ms wasnt so bad, but now that theres 1.000+ players 24/7 its really hard for me to play. I was just thinking if you guys could put a host in the US at least , so us American players could play a lot better, because 330ms is a pain in the. . . yea. There are huge donations in Cubecraft these couple of months so i thought this would be a great idea.

I really didint think about this really good, i just wanted to you guys think about it, for a nither future perhaps.

Efcluke94 and Pingu_ like this.
  2. YounB

YounB Helper Staff Member Helper

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Well, that would mean that we would have to set up a whole new server, which can cost a LOT of money considering we are just copying the whole server from here to the U.S. servers.

Additionally, we use a network, not a specified country suffix thing, which should have equal results in most countries, although people in the UK would have the best. I have a lot of friends who are from the U.S. and they have no problems whatsoever.

3. _Patrickk

_Patrickk Member

"been playing Cubecraft since a lot of time" good on ya, mate

johnyestaloca and YounB like this.
  4. johnyestaloca

johnyestaloca Member

Lmao

5. Colourlight

Colourlight Member

Stalkers these days *shakes head*
    Home Page:
    Your internet maybe...? Younis said that his friends on here in the US have no problems...

6. iMatthew

iMatthew Member

Its not exactly that easy to basically send someone to create or set up another "host" in a different country. The time needed and the expenses would be overly excessive.
    I doubt the server is the problem. As @StaticShock said, it might be the internet service you are currently using, due to the fact that many players from the U.S. do not have this particular problem.

7. MorganDoezn'tPlayMc

MorganDoezn'tPlayMc Member

Aunty of dragons
    I like this, but it could pull the community apart.

8. DiosGamezia

DiosGamezia Member

Home Page:
    You have seen players from US with minor of 200ms? They should have good internet, but still, not only US players, when i said American players, i meant all America. I know there isnt a lot of lag for some , but in South America, we dont get a really good ping, not just me, a lot of people. Oh and i have 10MB of internet, i dont know if thats little or a lot in your contrys.

If you put a host in America, your expanding the Network, expanding the server, inviting players from the other side of the world to play better and
    comfortable, or for the some players MORE comfortable. I just said an idea so they could think about putting it, not for today, not for tommarow, but in a near furture.

9. Colourlight

Colourlight Member

Stalkers these days *shakes head*
    Home Page:
    I get your point. But that would mean MAJORLY expanding a lot, and tons of hours of work, which I don't think is necessary as most people get good ping.

10. Marco Slater

Marco Slater Owner Staff Member Owner

Pushing buttons for Digital Tree Media.
    Home Page:
    This is something we are planning to do, however it takes time, and is quite expensive, as we have to find providers that fit our technological needs correctly. (Aka, every powerful servers and very good connectivity. [10+ Gbps])