Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you like the words "Rekt" and "Shrekt"?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyYoshiRv

Jul 20, 2015
Recently, in many games, specially those PvP-Based, like Assassinations, KitPvP or EggWars, i've spotted people who said the words "rekt" and "shrekt". it happened to me once i died when i was 4v1ing a team in TeaParty by myself. this guy died 15 times, yet when he killed me naked, he felt good and went with the "rekt" instead of a plain "gg".
0vBb0Ft.png

however, im getting sick of these words, specially most of the people that are using it are from the "MLG group", one of the groups i completely hate and promotes so much hate. I investigated the meaning of the phrase "get rekt" and i spot this:

Usually used by either kids or trolls on online games in order to annoy or provoke other players.

This encourages hate and trolling, two things CubeCraft dislikes. People saying that to little people under 12 can make them feel depressed and bad. This is one sign why the world's collapsing from my point of view, because of trolls like this, that instead of helping, they RUIN other people's lifes.

Now looking at "shrekt". this is just another slang term for the "rekt" word, HOWEVER, it also includes "Shrek", who is mainly used by "MLG" players to encourage sexuality in a high term, and i really dont want that to hit over small children, because a high ratio of little guys do play the server.

So, my final suggestion?

Ban the words Rekt and Shrekt from CubeCraft, along with their counterparts.

However, i'm not done yet. i want to hear opinions of ALL of you. i want to know your opinion about this, and be completely honest..

Do you like or hate these kind of words? if so, why?

I want polite, honest, and fine answers. joke answers will be not taken.

Kind regards and stay good,
SpyYoshiRv.

greenflag1

Nov 12, 2015
Haha YEP Thats Me
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA "Encourages Sexuality in a high term" Gee I never knew that saying a character from a freaking PG movie for 9 year olds would encourage sexuality in a high term. Furthermore, "Ruin other peoples lives" and "make them feel depressed and bad." As far as making them feel bad goes, it just gets people mad for 5 seconds, and then they join a new game. I don't think people cry about it when they go to sleep, ruin their lives and get them so depressed over a word in mini game for minecraft? really? I think it generally affects someone for 5 seconds due to the fact that nearly half the people in the server say it and 3/4 and maybe even more people in the whole entire gaming community say "rekt" or "shrekt" or any other word that relates to that. I think this is a sad example of over reacting. I didn't ruin your life by saying that, did I? I hope I didn't get you to depressed. Sorry if you got offended but really, you should be used to people saying that because you will find them every where and face the facts: No one really cares if people say rekt. So many people say it to the point it is an everyday thing. So I think you should relax.

Sorry it offended you but for most people, they just ignore it.
-greenflag1 :D

greenflag1

Nov 12, 2015
Lol probably got a little carried away with the colors but you get the point.

NorwaySun

Nov 8, 2015
People saying that to little people under 12 can make them feel depressed and bad.
So your saying you're 12 years old? Frankly, I don't think its our responsibility to "watch out" for kids that play on here. We aren't their parents. If their parents think letting their little kids play on the internet where people curse and jazz is a good idea, that's their decision to make.
This is one sign why the world's collapsing from my point of view, because of trolls like this, that instead of helping, they RUIN other people's lifes.
Wow dramatic much? I pretty sure this isn't the place to vent these types of views. You should try tumblr. I don't think a few people saying "rekt" on a video game is going to be humanity's demise. Frankly If you can't take a few "rekts" here and a few "shrekts" there, without getting all moody about it, maybe you shouldn't be playing here in the first place. Either you should find a server that like enforcing stupid rules like the one you suggested, or go see a therapist.
HOWEVER, it also includes "Shrek", who is mainly used by "MLG" players to encourage sexuality in a high term
I'm pretty sure Shrek is just a character from a kids movie, and not some type of sex symbol. And I'm also sure that a lot of kids movies throw in adult jokes that fly over "little guy's" heads".

In conclusion, I think you are over reacting. The staff shouldn't ban words just because a few people find them annoying. These words aren't really hurting anybody. If anything, they are just making you mad, which you need to learn to ignore, or just get over it. So, to answer your question: No, I don't think these words should be banned.

rekt.

Reactions: Dan:

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I think you may be overreacting a little bit. Saying 'rekd' isn't going to affect somebody mentally as much as frustrate or briefly enrage them. However I will agree that it's unpleasant, and trolls seem to still be under the impression that annoying others over the internet is still funny, and I'm getting sick of it too. Personally I don't think terms such as 'ez' 'rekd' and 'shrekd' should be banned, but rather you should be punished for your bad sportsmanship. For example, saying 'gg' after a match will give you +1xp, so perhaps saying 'ez' or 'rekd' could result in the loss of 30xp.

Reactions: Jeppie

Malcolm_

Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2014
my own mind
I seriously agree these words are annoying, when people say that and it's like obvious they will win a fight unless you knock them off in case of skywars/eggwars. I find them really stupid, but you can just ignore them, also banning them as words wouldn't be that bad. It would be okay although they'll find a way to bypass it.

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
In my opinion, people saying "Shrekt", "Rekt", "eZ", etc. are just looking for attention, so just ignore them and continue playing.

Dan:

Aug 20, 2015
California, USA
danbeneventano.me
Like everyone else has been saying, you're overreacting and I don't see how "rekt" can ruin someone's life. "Shrekt" is pretty funny imo. Just ignore it if you don't like it.

Jeppie

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2015
Quahog
I literally HATE the word: eZ.
I came to the conclusion that most of these words are used by 12 year old kids,
and I guess most of them don't even know the definition of "rekt".

Reactions: Sophie

Iselciour

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2014
Antarctica
"Rekt: An internet slang term which is shorthand for "wrecked," which is often used in online gaming to indicate that someone has been defeated or embarrassed"

Personally, I don't find this offensive and I don't think it should be banned for the same reason. Like @superxsnap said,
saying 'ez' or 'rekd' could result in the loss of 30xp.
which seems like it may discourage players from saying it. It won't eradicate the use of them, but it could make players not feel as bad by knowing the other player will lose xp.

Reactions: Sophie

Think Games

I hate when they are used in an actually game but I don't mind it just on some forum in the internet. For example I hate it when someone does a really unfair battle with you and when you die they say rekt. But I don't mind it when someone just says it as a little joke not referring to them actually "reking" someone.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
"get rekt"
I agree that it can be annoying, but you are kinda taking it to another level, in all honesty.
HOWEVER, it also includes "Shrek", who is mainly used by "MLG" players to encourage sexuality in a high term, and i really dont want that to hit over small children, because a high ratio of little guys do play the server.
Really....? I am pretty sure that the presence of a "s" will change the whole term in such a big impact that it encourages sexual activity.
People saying that to little people under 12 can make them feel depressed and bad.
How so? It's not like you're telling them to kill themselves, they're pretty much just stating facts that - in fact - you got "rekt" or "wrecked". So I think it's a -1. :)

Gee I never knew that saying a character from a freaking PG movie for 9 year olds would encourage sexuality in a high term.
I am almost 100% sure you haven't seen "Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life", which is the point that @SpyYoshiRv is trying to get to. :)
How mature.
+1 Maturity. -_-
We aren't their parents.
Technically, we are here to make the server to be a friendly environment, and if you think that if people swear, be racist, and be an overall douche to everyone, is tolerable, then think again. :p
You should try tumblr.
LOL, Tumblr is completely different to Minecraft ;)

Overall, if you find someone that says "rekt" to you, or "shrekt", then chances are that they DID "rek" you, because then they wouldn't be saying it ;)

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
oi lol why would someone even get offended by the word rekt, i mean, look at me, i say ''rekt'' even when i get rekt and die xD

greenflag1

Nov 12, 2015
Yes the word rekt can be annoying, but relax
I am almost 100% sure you haven't seen "Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life", which is the point that @SpyYoshiRv is trying to get to.
Well actually, I have seen this video a while ago and I think it's disgusting. But do you seriously think any kid would understand it or see the video? (Unless of course because of bad parenting.) Usually, only adults understand it, therefore it wouldn't really matter. In that screenshot, I didn't even use the word "shrekt." Yes I know it gets people mad, but that only happens for 5 seconds. I still feel that this is overreacting to those terms, even though they are annoying.

NorwaySun

Nov 8, 2015
Technically, we are here to make the server to be a friendly environment, and if you think that if people swear, be racist, and be an overall douche to everyone, is tolerable, then think again.
I never said any of that was tolerable. The internet will never be 100% "safe" no matter how hard you try. Parents should be aware of this, and if they still chose to let their little kid play on the internet with a bunch of strangers, that's on them.

Reactions: Respectively
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations on helper!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!:D
Reesle wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on Helper!! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations on Helper role, Frontlane! You were a great Mod and I’m certain you will be a great one again!
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Yoo no way!! You’re gonna make a great mod :D
Congrats!
Top Bottom