Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MeowMaestro

May 31, 2015
Currently I find it very irritating when I come across a camper in Spleef or Pizza Spleef. There is rarely anything you can do in the game to make yourself win except from occasionally a jump topping which is still very risky or jumping, breaking and hoping.

I generally find myself either in a "who can wait the longest" showdown or telling them how camping is against the rules and reporting them and stuff.

Unfortunately I find reporting them a very bad option as it can take a while for a moderator to read it and then all you get is a little experience. I think camping could maybe have a slightly more severe punishment, maybe a very short ban or something as I find it exceedingly annoying when playing spleef.

Reactions: ItsYaBoyJavid

JordyPwner

Apr 28, 2015
Cybertron
Currently I find it very irritating when I come across a camper in Spleef or Pizza Spleef. There is rarely anything you can do in the game to make yourself win except from occasionally a jump topping which is still very risky or jumping, breaking and hoping.

I generally find myself either in a "who can wait the longest" showdown or telling them how camping is against the rules and reporting them and stuff.

Unfortunately I find reporting them a very bad option as it can take a while for a moderator to read it and then all you get is a little experience. I think camping could maybe have a slightly more severe punishment, maybe a very short ban or something as I find it exceedingly annoying when playing spleef.
They could add a camp detection.

Colourlight

Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2015
Scotland, UK
findityourself-lazy.co.uk
They could add a camp detection.

And what would that do? Spam their chat?

I agree. Maybe make it so that the edges of the arena fall, until theres like 5blocks left where they can dm it off?

Reactions: MeowMaestro

Colourlight

Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2015
Scotland, UK
Why would it do that.. It would kick them if they detected camping..

Also, you can get a small ban on them if you see them do it multiple times after warning them already :p

I don't like that because I've seen plugins like that before, and it always false-detects camping and ruins the game. Would de-attract players in my opinion.

MeowMaestro

May 31, 2015
I think as @Colourlight says camp detection could be difficult, for example campers can usually go AFK but if you're having a showdown where neither of you are going to jump off then the non-camper could be AFK too. I like Colourlight's suggestion of the arena slowly going smaller, maybe this could happen after 5 minutes or so, a bit like what block decay was like in SkyWars. @Aimee2323 , usually you play people you've not played before so it's unlikely I'd ever see a camper again but I expect that they would camp again.

Reactions: Colourlight

Colourlight

Dedicated Member
Feb 7, 2015
Scotland, UK
I think as @Colourlight says camp detection could be difficult, for example campers can usually go AFK but if you're having a showdown where neither of you are going to jump off then the non-camper could be AFK too. I like Colourlight's suggestion of the arena slowly going smaller, maybe this could happen after 5 minutes or so, a bit like what block decay was like in SkyWars. @Aimee2323 , usually you play people you've not played before so it's unlikely I'd ever see a camper again but I expect that they would camp again.

After 3mins, more like, games usually last less than 5mins with no campers.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
I don't like that because I've seen plugins like that before, and it always false-detects camping and ruins the game. Would de-attract players in my opinion.
That's why we make better more effective plug ins than theirs
bit like what block decay was like in SkyWars
Because we all know that went fantastically and was loved by everyone and that's why we still have it today! (Detect the sarcasm)

MeowMaestro

May 31, 2015
That's why we make better more effective plug ins than theirs

Because we all know that went fantastically and was loved by everyone and that's why we still have it today! (Detect the sarcasm)
I didn't like block decay in SkyWars either, but in SkyWars there was always a way to get to the other player whereas in spleef if it came on late enough I don't think it would take away from the gameplay at all.

JordyPwner

Apr 28, 2015
Cybertron
Why would it do that.. It would kick them if they detected camping..

Also, you can get a small ban on them if you see them do it multiple times after warning them already :p
A system that detects camping with warnings. Like

Camp detected! > Warning 1 = Kick
Camp Detected! > Warning 2 = Temp ban or another kick
Camp Detected! > Warning 3 = ban?

emiraati

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2014
United Arab Emirates
Maybe once a player stops moving, and sticks to like two blocks, it could say "Stop Camping" in the chat and after like 10 seconds the player gets kicked out of the game.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
A system that detects camping with warnings. Like

Camp detected! > Warning 1 = Kick
Camp Detected! > Warning 2 = Temp ban or another kick
Camp Detected! > Warning 3 = ban?
I would say give 2 warnings in chat before kicking the player. I don't agree with automatic bans, since it can wrongly ban.

Reactions: JordyPwner
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Top Bottom