Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

VoltenoSan

Apr 23, 2017
Hello Everybody.
Does someone know why Money Walls have been deleted? I loved them and many people were playing this game...?

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Quote from an Admin (Tacosbefriends):
Hi guys. I appreciate the enthusiasm you all have for Money Walls, but at the end of the day, it was just an uncreative, uninspired clone of Eggwars. I can't help but feel that if there were a "Meh, I guess" option for the vote, it would be the majority rather than yes (everyone always votes yes for new features.) It's highly unlikely that Money Walls will be making a return, for several reasons:
  • Game-killing bug. The final nail in Money Wall's coffin was the inexplicable bug that caused the game to boot everyone upon starting. Simply put, our devs have bigger fish to fry than to fix a less popular version of a major game.
  • Lack of originality. It's literally Eggwars but with slightly different loot, the egg is replaced with a skeleton, and the island aspect is removed. Removing Money Walls makes room for new games, like Blockband. It should be noted that Blockband didn't "replace" Money Walls. It is in no way meant as a substitute for the removed game. We just happened to put it in Money Walls' place.
  • Unpopular. The game always played second fiddle to Eggwars, which is one of our most trafficked games.
  • New potential. With one game gone, we have room for a new game. Maybe we'll port a classic over from the Chunk; maybe we'll make one of the countless games I've suggested over the years. The possibilities are endless!
In conclusion, it's probably not coming back. I don't have the final say, obviously, but from past experience, it's a safe bet that Money Walls is gone for good.

Thread locked, as per Dotsy's request.
Many players loved it. I'm not sure if it's ever coming back though.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
On top of tacos quote by dotsy, Money walls has been gone for quite some time, Snap said this as well going deeper into the problem

"I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but the gamemode wasn't worth resurrecting. The size of the gamemode meant that maps had to be enormous, and because for some backwards reason there seems to be a 'no reusing maps across multiple gamemodes' policy, it would've taken months for the builders to add content to it.

The gamemode was doomed to die from the very beginning, because it was released unfinished. It was riddled with bugs from insufficient testing; it shipped with only three maps* that became stale quickly; it was void of any incentive, having no leaderboards or achievements; and it was essentially a hybrid of Eggwars and The Walls.

It's sad that we lost one of few gamemodes that don't take place in the sky, but it really didn't offer any experiences that cannot already be achieved through games such as Eggwars or Survival Games. At the end of the day, it was still a process of scouring the map's hot-zones, killing opposition to plunder loot that can be used to kill said opposition faster, and destroying said opposition's objective to eliminate them from the game. aside from the unique mob spawning aspect, it was totally vacuous."

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Top Bottom