1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MinerWare microgame winning.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by LilNugget, Jul 18, 2016.

1. LilNugget

LilNugget Helper Staff Member Helper

• What game? (eg Sky Wars) Minerware
    • What map? (eg Trees) Happens on all maps every so often.
    • What date? July 17, 2016
    • What time? All day today
    • Mac, PC or Linux? Mac
    • Was there an error message? No.

This usually happens if you have to craft something, it also happens when you have to copy a outfit. Even if you have the crafting table, other item, or the exact outfit on, you lose. This only happens a few times, but I know it is a bug because absolutely no one wins.

2. MrTokay

MrTokay Member

Really tired
    Home Page:
    Yes, this has been reported many times.

MinerWare is currently very glitchy and the staff are trying to fix it.

Please be patient.

Thank You!

3. zRinne

zRinne Mod Staff Member Moderator

NEET
    Home Page:
    I crafted what they said and won it all the time unless I forget the crafting recipe, never encountered that in my 10 games. (Like crafting a crafting table micro game and crafting random given item such as flint n steel) Maybe I'll encounter it later, hopefully not.

Actually I haven't seen anyone reporting them not being able to win the microgames such as this.
    Only saw them reporting boss games and winning get the win count stayed at 0. I'm pretty sure this is the first report for this.

4. MrTokay

MrTokay Member

Really tired
    Home Page:
    Lol, sorry, this happened to ME and I forgot to report it, and so I thought it had been reported before XD.

5. zRinne

NEET
    Home Page:
    Even if you did report it, how does that count as "many times"
    Make sure get your information right before telling someone. He could have gone searching for the previous threads and realized there wasn't any about this. We do not want to spread false information, luckily this is a minor issue so it's fine.

6. MrTokay

MrTokay Member

Really tired
    Home Page:
    Thank you for correcting that, I was answering so many bug posts and they had all been reported before, plus what I just said in my last post.

However, (no offense meant), you're not a staff and it's not your job to tell me that I should check my info.

But in this case, thanks for telling me.:)

7. zRinne

NEET
    Home Page:
    No offence taken, yes you are right, I am not staff however, mistakes like this can cause confusion.
    Example: Answering so many issues about rules and what are allowed on the server, you get a little mixed up with your information and delivered the wrong message, the player gets confused because someone said it was allowed and another, not.

As a community, it is our choice to help others to reduce staff work load, we do not want to give others the wrong information which may result in broken rules or following the wrong path such as using mods they shouldn't and so on forth.

Another example, due to my carelessness, I told someone commenting on player reports is an okay thing to do, he would start commenting on them and other players will tell him off, he would argue back because someone said it was alright to comment. He sees someone getting told off from replying on player reports and tells them it's okay to do it because someone else said so. Resulting in players arguing with what they believe is right or wrong.

See, confusion and wrong information being passed around. I would like to avoid that cause one small mistake is enough to start a fire.

8. LilNugget

I don't think you need to be staff to tell someone that they are giving out false information, and need to stop doing so for the sake of other player's time, and to not cause confusion.

9. MrTokay

MrTokay Member

Really tired
    Home Page:
    You're absolutely right, but in this case, I feel it was unnecessary, because it was a "one time" (in my mind), turn "many".

Small difference.

I may sound like a sniveling little Kid, and that's exactly the only problem with what you said:

Example: A kid says a little thing wrong, gets reprimanded by a non-staff member, gets insulted, stops playing cubecraft, his friends stop playing - cube craft loses 10 people.

This is a major issue with non-staff members filling staff roles, in addition to the fact the member turned staff may get HIS info mixed up, far more likely in my unworthy opinion

10. LilNugget

I don't agree that that is an issue nor it happens very much to not at all. Guess we have to agree to disagree. :p

11. zRinne

NEET
    Home Page:
    Thank you. It would have saved you the trouble from searching all kind of micro game keyword to find threads like this.

Well I am aware there are many younger players here but you have to understand that some mistakes have to be pointed out in order for them to learn.
    I am very sure the younger player can admit to his mistakes and learn from that.
    Parents scold their child countless times when they make a mistake, you don't see them changing parents and/or quitting life.If someone doesn't point it out, no one is going to learn to avoid repeating it again.

If they do decide to quit cubecraft/minecraft over a minor detail like this, it goes to show how much he cares about being right (well if he is a child then I understand, no one likes making mistakes/being wrong) but then it just shows how much appearance matters to him and not the game itself.

What I am trying to say is, some players make mistakes, young or old it doesn't matter. It's how you take it and how you learn from it. There is always room for improvement. You either accept it or cry about it.
    Oh and I don't insult others, I just don't sugar coat my words.

12. MrTokay

MrTokay Member

Really tired
    Home Page:
    Lol, I said "gets insulted"

13. zRinne

NEET
    Home Page:
    I am aware, just wanted to point that out.

14. MrTokay

MrTokay Member

Really tired
    Home Page:
    Ok, so what I came out with is that it's definitely good to point out mistakes to avoid confusion, (even if you're not a staff), but in a case like this I don't believe it is wise to get worked up over a detail when no serious repercussions could have taken place (not to excuse myself, I should have checked my info, I just think you should leave it to the member in question with something like this):).

15. zRinne

NEET
    Home Page:
    One mistake may lead to another, it's better to point it out no matter how trivial it is so that the player can take precaution to not let it happen again.
    A mistake is still a mistake, it is something we don't want repeated in case it's not just some trivial issue the next time round.
    I mean now that it has been pointed out, I'm sure you will double confirm information before telling someone about it.

16. Orangeric88

Orangeric88 Mod Staff Member Moderator

-=-+EggWars+ -=-
    Home Page:
    I just tested out the glitch but couldn't recreate it. When a crafting minigame came, everyone got to craft without duplicates and someone wins that minigame to. Maybe it's a random glitch/bug?

17. zRinne

NEET
    Home Page:
    Thanks! You just made me re-call something earlier that may have something to do with this bug.
    The microgame that asks you to craft a crafting table and gives you 1 sappling, 64 bone meal and 1 axe.
    I placed all 4 wood log in crafting through "E" and shift + left click. I got the item crafted but still failed so after that, I never shift clicked it anymore and manually left click when I'm done crafting - so 1/10 times I experienced this. Not sure if it was just a coincidence.

18. Povious

Povious Member

I tried the glitch out too, but nothing is happening, everything is appearing to be okay..?

Cheers.
    ~OrbitFlash

19. LilNugget

Very rarely does it happen. I've always won 60 times, and Ive only encountered it probably 5 times.