Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

CherriMint

Dec 30, 2015
Northern England
First of all, I didn't know where to put this, so sorry. But I, and a lot if other people on Cubecraft highly dislike the fact that we have merged. I know some people that have actually left because of this. Talking with other doners, and just people in all, a lot of them agreed that they didn't like merging. It doesn't feel like home anymore. I know in all in can be viewed in a way that's it all for the better, and I can agree on that part. Its a little too late to undo it now, but a lot of people and myself will think that it will rip apart the Cubecraft community. New people coming in from the other side is fine, but the community has its own sort of way if working. And its just been shattered. I guess we'll have to deal with this, but it really felt like the community didn't have a choice. A community vote, maybe? I'm not saying I have anything against the other server, but a lot of people just feel like they have been in the dark.

SanityPrevails

May 27, 2014
South Dakota, USA
The only thing that is changing is some staff and the implementation of new game-modes.
This merge isn't really changing CubeCraftGames what-so-ever.

It's completely understandable if you don't like the change, but not very much is actually changing.

CashewNuts

Jan 3, 2016
I totally understand why you don't like the merge. But there really isn't much that is changing. CubeCraft is staying completely the same but with a couple different staff members, games and a bit of an addition to the community.

Reactions: ItzDelano

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
Think of it this way.. CubeCraft is getting a bit of new features, new maps, new staff, new games! Everyone is happy! But when you put in what seems like complicated stuff like merging, I can tell it can be complicated. The merging process is nothing but a big step in the right direction.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Hi, CherriMint. I know the merger has come as a surprise to a lot of our players and some of you may be uncomfortable with the fact that we've merged. You may be concerned over the future of Cubecraft and what this merger will change. For now, here is a list of changes made since we merged with The Chunk.
  • New game: BlockWars
  • New game: Tower Defence
  • Tower Defenders has been renamed to Control Point
  • Skywars and Team Skywars now share a lobby to make room for new games in the compass menu
  • There's a nifty new menu to select maps for certain games
  • We have a few new developers
  • We'll likely be porting more Chunk games over to Cubecraft
  • Players from The Chunk have come to Cubecraft
That is literally all that has changed, and a few of those things aren't even directly related to The Chunk merging with us. Donors still have all their permissions, the rules are still the same, and the games have not changed.

Believe me, when I found out we were merging, I had a few objections, questions, and concerns as well, but seeing what The Chunk has brought to Cubecraft has really changed my mind on that. We're a great server that's only being made greater by the awesome folks from Chunk. We're not asking our players to love the merger; all we're asking is that you all give it a chance before freaking out and quitting like so many have done with past updates.

Reactions: iLoveYouu

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
To be honest, CherriMint, the merge will actually benefit players greatly. New games, which quite a lot of players have been asking for (such as a party-games game, which in the Chunk "MinerWare") might be implemented. It will also come with more staff members, more moderation, more help from others, and an overall increase in server rewards. Just wait for more updates to come and you'll be glad the Chunk migrated to CubeCraft :)

CherriMint

Dec 30, 2015
Northern England
To be honest, CherriMint, the merge will actually benefit players greatly. New games, which quite a lot of players have been asking for (such as a party-games game, which in the Chunk "MinerWare") might be implemented. It will also come with more staff members, more moderation, more help from others, and an overall increase in server rewards. Just wait for more updates to come and you'll be glad the Chunk migrated to CubeCraft :)
Alright then, I'll wait and see. XP

CherriMint

Dec 30, 2015
Northern England
Hi, CherriMint. I know the merger has come as a surprise to a lot of our players and some of you may be uncomfortable with the fact that we've merged. You may be concerned over the future of Cubecraft and what this merger will change. For now, here is a list of changes made since we merged with The Chunk.
  • New game: BlockWars
  • New game: Tower Defence
  • Tower Defenders has been renamed to Control Point
  • Skywars and Team Skywars now share a lobby to make room for new games in the compass menu
  • There's a nifty new menu to select maps for certain games
  • We have a few new developers
  • We'll likely be porting more Chunk games over to Cubecraft
  • Players from The Chunk have come to Cubecraft
That is literally all that has changed, and a few of those things aren't even directly related to The Chunk merging with us. Donors still have all their permissions, the rules are still the same, and the games have not changed.

Believe me, when I found out we were merging, I had a few objections, questions, and concerns as well, but seeing what The Chunk has brought to Cubecraft has really changed my mind on that. We're a great server that's only being made greater by the awesome folks from Chunk. We're not asking our players to love the merger; all we're asking is that you all give it a chance before freaking out and quitting like so many have done with past updates.
I must admit, those games do sound fun, but I still think the merge is quite sudden. A lot of people will just have to get use to seeing crowds more often in lobby's! :9

Reactions: Tacosbefriends

AdventureeTree

I have no idea what to think about the merge, What so ever I've noticed that there are alot of new game modes what kinda will help entertaining yourself in the CubeCraft Server. There are also alot more oppertunities to make more friends and meet more people to make a friendly chat with :) So in my opinion you need to get comfortable with it and keep playing and dont forget to enjoy it!

Josh_Sturgeon

Aug 31, 2015
Essex, UK
I think you'll find that when a community as large as CubeCraft's merges with one as small as The Chunk's, the vastly smaller community will just join the larger one, with a very little change to the overall dynamic of the community. There simply isn't enough Chunk community members to force such a large change in CubeCraft's community.

Reactions: Tacosbefriends

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
I think you'll find that when a community as large as CubeCraft's merges with one as small as The Chunk's, the vastly smaller community will just join the larger one, with a very little change to the overall dynamic of the community. There simply isn't enough Chunk community members to force such a large change in CubeCraft's community.

I've made a visual aid to help illustrate your point.
wvc4y.gif

As you can see, the puddle represents Cubecraft and the brick of candy floss represents The Chunk. The Chunk, when introduced to Cubecraft, dissolves and disappears into the larger puddle that is Cubecraft. However, The Chunk is not completely gone; it's just making Cubecraft a little bit sweeter. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom