Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
this is BASED OFF OF TRUE STORY and is not completely true!

Now, I don't know what this has to do with anything, but I was thinking, and thought to make this a thread!

So earlier this evening, someone (not saying who) was muted for swearing, and someone else told me (not saying who) that this person might leave the server because of it. now, this is not my point. the point is, I /msg a staff member (not saying who) and please, no offence to this staff member at all, but I /msg that staff, and I said, "hey, you should help (muted player) out, he might leave the server because he was muted" and the staff member said "hid fault, not mine" and I said, "well, true. but still, you should help cheer him up" and do you know what I couldn't believe the staff member said? "not my job" Now, I thought in my head for a second, and said to myself, "not my job, not my job, are u serious?"

I then /msg the staff member "so its not your job, huh? well does it have to be 'your job' to help someone out during a difficult time?" "does it have to be 'your job' to cheer someone up when they're feeling down?" "does it have to be your job, to make someone feel special, to make them feel proud of them selves, and to be glad who they are?" "no one's 'job' is to make people happy, but that's just what people do. if no one made people happy as part of their 'job' then no one will be happy anymore right?" "if you flunk a math test, and your really disappointed and sad, do your friends ever help cheer you up? or if a family member passes away, do your friends make you feel better? of course they do!" "so why cant it be 'your job' to treat a Minecraft Player the same way?" "why cant you treat someone else the same way that you treat another person? they might not have the same personality, and you might not like them, but believe me, kindness goes a long way." "helping someone out today, can last in that person's life forever."

Now, all I have to say, is start being kind. if others aren't kind to you, that doesn't mean you cant be kind to them. there are too many unkind people in the world. people need to step it up and realize how much kindness to others really matters!

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
I know it's locked but I want to add onto that;

It's a bit one sided, isn't it. Wouldn't it be great if the player could've been kind and followed the server rules in the first place?

Loads of people get muted every day, why would we go and individually cheer them up, when they broke the rules, they got muted, they were the ones being unkind?

The example you used with cheering up after getting a bad math mark and such; that's because they're friends. They didn't break rules to the point of having to be punished.

Sure, kindness is nice, but, I'll start being kind to people who get muted, when they're kind, invent time travel, and didn't break server rules to the point of being muted.

None of us enjoy spending our time telling lies like "Oh it's fine you're a great person" to somebody when all we know about them is a) they broke a load of server rules, and b) they got sad by the fact they're muted.

So, here's an idea; why don't you cheer them up yourself, instead of wasting time that could be spent making them happy asking a staff member? Your words should matter as much as ours do.

I hope you now understand why us staff members don't spent large amounts of our time cheering up people who have just been muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom