Should we get an alert when someone posts a Link to one of our Watched Threads

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gjpoppy

Apr 26, 2014
UK
www.gps-alpha.webs.com
On Forums, Could we be alerted if someone puts a link to one of our Watched threads, example:

- MorganPlayzMc Posts a Report for Hacking which has a video of his antiknock back
- Volkom_ Bans the player

- The Player posts a Ban Appeal
- PinkStr3at Says Volkom_ Banned him
- Volkom_ Gives the link to the report with the video

- Everyone who posted on the report gets and Alert which when clicked takes us to the appeal so we can give relevant evidence to the thread.

? I think this would be helpful

Reactions: Joshmctosh

Oceanical

Forum Expert
Feb 24, 2014
on an adventure
Eh I don't think this is really necessary, everyone that has contributed to the thread already gets notifications everytime someone posts a new thing on the thread, that includes links. Implementing this isn't really a necessary thing & doesn't do much.

Reactions: Yittamonkey

Gjpoppy

Apr 26, 2014
UK
www.gps-alpha.webs.com
Eh I don't think this is really necessary, everyone that has contributed to the thread already gets notifications everytime someone posts a new thing on the thread, that includes links. Implementing this isn't really a necessary thing & doesn't do much.
No if you post a link on another thread, the people who are on the thread that was on the link are notified

Gjpoppy

Apr 26, 2014
UK
www.gps-alpha.webs.com
Example, If I Posted:

=====================================================================================

Go look at this thread https://www.cubecraftgames.net/threads/dissapearing-kits-points-and-rank-during-games.11281/

=====================================================================================

Everyone watching the thread "Dissapearing Kits, Points and Rank during games" Would get an alert that another thread had been given a link to "Dissapearing Kits, Points and Rank during games"

OrangeGE

Forum Expert
Jan 21, 2014
I think this would cause too many alerts and isn't really necessary..

Oceanical

Forum Expert
Feb 24, 2014
on an adventure
No if you post a link on another thread, the people who are on the thread that was on the link are notified
What do you mean on the link?

Like Karl said it causes alot of un-necessary spam notifications, especially when staff are trying to sift through their reports, etc.

Oceanical

Forum Expert
Feb 24, 2014
on an adventure
Then don't notify staff just everyone else
If you're going to implement this for links leading to evidence, no doubt about it a staff will be tagged & there would be an extra notification if there was a link to notification which is just completely un-necessary because the person will get notified regardless if someone comments on the post, whether it be a link or something else.

Gjpoppy

Apr 26, 2014
UK
www.gps-alpha.webs.com
If you're going to implement this for links leading to evidence, no doubt about it a staff will be tagged & there would be an extra notification if there was a link to notification which is just completely un-necessary because the person will get notified regardless if someone comments on the post, whether it be a link or something else.
If staff get notified every time there is a report / appeal anyway it doesn't matter if you don't get alerted when links a posted. Im talking about players from the original report

Oceanical

Forum Expert
Feb 24, 2014
on an adventure
If staff get notified every time there is a report / appeal anyway it doesn't matter if you don't get alerted when links a posted. Im talking about players from the original report
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean. Do you mean players that are affiliated with the link get notified?

Oceanical

Forum Expert
Feb 24, 2014
on an adventure
The example you provided literally just explains the same thing as an alert.
- The Player posts a Ban Appeal
- PinkStr3at Says Volkom_ Banned him
- Volkom_ Gives the link to the report with the video

- Everyone who posted on the report gets and Alert which when clicked takes us to the appeal so we can give relevant evidence to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom