1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kitpvp

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fuzzybear, Nov 27, 2014.

?

Should this happen

Poll closed Dec 12, 2014.
  1. YEAH!

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No!

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. fuzzybear

fuzzybear Member

In Kitpvp one of my friends suggested that we should have fishing rods, flint and steal with a bow every time we spawn... I thought it would be a great idea because the items are not that OP plus it gives a chance for more donors to donate because fishing rods are actually pretty useful.

~fuzzybearJK

2. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

I don't see any point in ever using this kit. You didn't mention armour, but assuming you had full chain, you're still at a crazy disadvantage because your only firearm is your bow, and a flint and steel isn't going to kill anybody in a million years. You could just.. you know, use the archer kit and get armour, a bow and a sword :p
    Donators can't be given any beneficial kits or items, as stated by the recent changes made to the EULA a few months back, but if this kit were to be added, i think most people would be donating for the crazy tank and swordsman kits, and not the fishing rod.. :s A fishing rod has only so many uses before it breaks, provides very little knockback and no damage. Yea, i suppose you could catch fish, but that leaves you with a few rivers, all in which hold huge activity, and once you have spent 15 minutes catching those fish, you can't cook them, whereas killing just one person gives you 15 cooked steak.

3. SpritySpritz

SpritySpritz Member

L.O.L.
    there's actually soemthing called 'Fishingrod Strat' which is really, really useful, basically, you throw a fishing rod right before u attack, catching the player off guard. And fishing rod durability can be avoided by not reeling it in

Trickmaster and OrangeGE like this.
  4. Tacosbefriends

Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

Snarky Internet Man
    Home Page:
    I agree that we could use some cooler kits (pyro that shoots real flames), but what you listed is sorta derp (and against EULA)

5. OrangeGE

OrangeGE Member

I'm strongly against fns, although it is tactical, it can cause FPS lag and can easily be abused. The fishing rod seems like a cool idea, as i tend to use them a lot in PvP. I'll see what i can do by perhaps giving fishing rods away at drop parties or other events, or maybe a kit. (No promises though)

For you guys/gals who are like, "wuttt whai you use fishing rod in pvp!?", as SpritySpritz said, there is a PvP technique involving it, which requires a hot key skill and precision, which is why i personally like it.

I have thought about this idea before but not done anything, and i'd like you (yes, you reading this) to vote on the poll, so i can see community feedback. :)

SpritySpritz and Trickmaster like this.
  6. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

Not just off guard, but it gives the player more reach. If you do it well, using a fishing rod and hitting them backwards, especially if YOU are sprinting forward, allows you to constantly hit them when they cant. Ever notice when you get hit sometimes by someone sprinting, they keep running and hitting while you cant when you are hit backwards - its like that, except on your side with a fishing rod. For a real life example - try having a long stick w/ someone who also has one; make them jab forward while you run backwards and jab - you have less power AND reach,which is why a fishing rod is VERY useful.

Also, in water it helps knock them away/you can knock teammates forward.

SpritySpritz likes this.
  7. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

It just sounds annoying if you ask me.. but hey, i don't even play kitpvp, so vote whatever you guys want XD never hurts to add more kits into the game if it adds variety.

8. Maceshank

Maceshank Member

PLAYING CCG!!! XD :D
    I play kitpvp all the time and I don't really see anything being added except for the fishing rod as OrangeGrapeEater said above that fishing rods are VERU useful for pvp. But I vote no.

9. mcninja29

mcninja29 Member

Agreed.

10. Dai_Matsumoto

Dai_Matsumoto Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

The flint and steel would burn forever (from past experiences) Kuzey, Div and I used to spawn blazes and the fire stayed .___.
    The fishing rod seems fun but I'll think it might annoy a few people

SpritySpritz and Trickmaster like this.
  11. OrangeGE

OrangeGE Member

I could create a teleport pad that people can step on in the arena, that will give them a fishing rod and teleport them into a special arena? So the players who don't want fishing rod business can play in the normal arena and people who do want to try that style if PvP can go in a smaller arena. If you guys/gals like this, it would take a while as @AquaaXx came up with a cool idea yesterday, and i'm still working on that. ;)

AquaaXx likes this.
  12. mcninja29

mcninja29 Member

That seems like a good idea.

13. Maceshank

Maceshank Member

PLAYING CCG!!! XD :D
    Ok for that I do vote yes!

14. ItsYaBoyJavid

ItsYaBoyJavid Member

Gaming
    Ye but i will get hooked on that idea ;)

Trickmaster likes this.