1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John's Builder application

Discussion in 'Creative' started by john, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john

john Member

IGN: johnfjonesv
    Date: June 1, 2014
    Project started: 10 days ago...
    Plot ID: 18;-111 "FYI efcluke94 gave me this plot to award me on giving him a paintball map. i.e. The pot across from this one."

Hey guys, thanks for looking at my application. I had a lot of fun building, and I spent a lot of time creating my plot.

My build is an attempt at some moderate steam punk houses. Also, some other features like the boat, trees, and mountains are used to demonstrate different building techniques. I did not want a build that exemplified one technique. This one is composed of different designs and material structures. The two homes are supposed to look proportionally off. Just to play appear odd and funky. I intentionally wanted the houses to look like they are attached to the cliffs. If you notice the bridge struts are the foundation to the houses, also they lead to the cliffs. The boat is my first boat build "ever"... I think it is a good start. However, I could improve on it's sails. The tress are pink! I did not want to plant trees. I felt like I would appear more qualified if I built them. Although, the formation of them is simple. I intend to get better. That's basically all of the technical information on my build. :) I hope you guys enjoy it.

photo 1.JPG photo 5.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 5.JPG photo 2.JPG

I understand I lack some skills in building. However, I am willing to keep learning. @Efcluke94 thanks for the plots. I am slowly taking advantage of them when time is presented.

Attached Files:

2. john

john Member

I noticed I posted several images more then once. Sorry guys, the best way to see it is in-game. Please check it out. 18;-111

"I'll stop advertising my plot :p"

3. Yittamonkey

Yittamonkey Member

I love it!!!!

4. john

john Member

5. 6Godly

6Godly Member

on the hustle
    I checked it out in creative, and it looks better than how it looked like in the pictures you took. I like the custom trees, the ship looks nice too. But, maybe adding more land to add more buildings would make it look even better. :D

6. 6Godly

6Godly Member

on the hustle
    ...and the paintball plot you made next to it looks amazing!

7. FLYING_PIANO66

FLYING_PIANO66 Member

OMG saw your other build ...its amazing ...your a great Builder...I think that yes you should be a builder ...just saying :p

6Godly likes this.
  8. john

john Member

Your dead on. I need more land. That's just what my brother told me. It's a bit too late. However, I will add some land for future players to view the plot in-game.

9. john

john Member

10. LaserDolphin77

LaserDolphin77 Member

Everyone's building steampunk these days, try making different styles to show some variety in your build type, but other than that, it's not bad. The sails on the ship could use some more curve to them, they look very flat.

gwenplaysmc and SunLord like this.
  11. john

john Member

Thanks for your input laser. I completely agree upon that a builder needs to be capable of creating different buildings.

12. Aimee2323

Aimee2323 Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

Lying in bed all day
    I think I've stalked you enough not to have to look at the screenshots.. Looks good.

MorganDoezn'tPlayMc likes this.
  13. Efcluke94

Efcluke94 Admin Staff Member Head Administrator Builder

Your quite a good builder John, I just don't think, your there just yet. Your just a few details off, from moving onto the next level. What laser said about the sail pretty much, imagine the wind hitting them, and represent that. Its a cool concept about the islands which I really like, reminds me of something from Game of Thrones. The choice in colours for the tree's is strange, especially for a Steampunk theme. Pink trees to me, represents blossom trees/candy floss trees. You don't really mix steampunk and beauty together, since Steampunk is known for machines/gears/industrial. Therefore you want to display a more charred/desolated landscape, to emphasize the theme and as if people have lived there, and had an effect on the land. Its still a neat build, and you have some potential. It takes time, to become a quality builder. (Took me almost 3 years).

14. john

john Member

Alright, I will keep building. I appreciate the friendly advice, and I accept the fact that I will not likely receive builder with this plot. However, for my benefit I would like to hear what the other staff builders thought. Just so for future builds I am more knowledgable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.