1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont get it

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by Legendary Spyro, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Legendary Spyro

Legendary Spyro Member

Defender of Worlds
    so whats the big problem with bow spam at a short distance everytime that happens everybody in the game comes down harsh on that player, (technically your bow only needs to be half drawn to fire) so why all the hate on bow spammers?

2. MrTokay

MrTokay Member

Really tired
    Home Page:
    Im not sure why this is in bug reports, but a bigger problem, I'm also not sure what you mean in this thread.
    Could you clarify?

3. Legendary Spyro

Legendary Spyro Member

Defender of Worlds
    First of all its bugreports/support its two different subjects under one panel, its a place to report bugs AND ask for help or have a question
    Second: to clarify ill use a real example an enemy got close to me and i rapid fired 3 times (in melee range drawing the bow dosent need to be far) then that whole team called me a bow spammer like it was a derogatory term, and they also thought it was the hack fastbow (which it wasnt) so they called me a hacker and to top that all of they claimed me to be a noob, whats the deal here? Its just clever combat

4. Legendary Spyro

Legendary Spyro Member

Defender of Worlds
    And dont get that mixed up with bow boost spamming thats a factions thing i dont mean that type of bow spam

5. Orangeric88

Orangeric88 Mod Staff Member Moderator

-=-+EggWars+ -=-
    Home Page:
    It can save your life. You can see PeteZahHutt's video on that. One more swing and it would've been over, but the bowspam saved him.

I don't really hate them all. It can be part pf a stat, especially if you duel wield a sword and a bow. (I suggest you try this. Hit the player, then hit him/her with a bow. Really good strat) Just the ones that say come fight me bruh, then they bowspam. That annoys me.

Very true. I myself also use this. It's also a very checky way to win to ;)

Sometimes player say this after you kill them just because there're annoyed. But no harm done really. Just a mean way of saying "Hey your good at a bow!"

6. killerwild

killerwild Member

Student - Software Engineering
    You shouldn't be offended or worried if someone calls you a bow spammer, just ignore them and stop worrying about it. There's nothing posting here will change about people's opinions.

7. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

I don't get it either to be honest, though I will admit that it's quite frustrating to be spammed with a barrage of arrows when you're trying to hit somebody. The people that complain about this are usually just angry because they don't know how to strafe to avoid being hit, so they end up walking into the arrows and dying. I've seen servers that even go so far as to ban bow-spammers, which is just ridiculous given that if you weren't supposed to do it, then Mojang wouldn't allow you to fire it as quickly as you can.

Bows are intended to be used at long-range, so it's likely that people that complain are doing so because, although you were at the disadvantage by being at point-blank range with a slow-firing and inaccurate weapon, you still killed them by sacrificing damage for fire rate \^-^/

8. Legendary Spyro

Legendary Spyro Member

Defender of Worlds
    Makes sense i have seen it used however as an exploit on those who are lagging if someones lagging and you hit them with a punch bow several times in rapid succesion you could send them flying off the other side of the island even on islands the size as aztec, itll give a punch 2-4 type of effect so that could also be part of the issue, but your explanation does make sense, its just frustrating, like i said in my example, (which really happened of course) i got called a hacker for fastbow, fastbow is practically machine gun fire not simple bow spam now i understand the whole ordeal you may lock it @Snap

9. Legendary Spyro

Legendary Spyro Member

Defender of Worlds
    Im not im just wondering why theres so much comotion, its even used in factions called bow boost spam where you spam up your bow straight up just enough to barely shoot it to shoot yourself this boosts you forward in water