Take the hunger out of the shops?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sup_Brah123

Apr 9, 2015
So I just started playing assassins a few days ago and I absolutely loved it. Every detail about it was fun and I was just about to tell my friends about it... until something changed...

For some reason hunger depletion was added into the shops.. WHY???

I couldn't run two blocks without someone hitting me as it was, but now I don't even have a safe haven as a noob to regenerate hearts and survive like before. Plus it was a cool place just to hang out and see who strolled in. I get that you guys probably added the hunger so people would stop camping other people, but it was very simple to get away from the campers...

Whether you just sat there for a minute and acted afk, or logged off and quickly logged back in, etc. I think I can say that I, and many others, would really appreciate it if you guys took the hunger out of the shops again and made the game playable. I remember just starting out and seeing 130/160 people on the server, now every time I look at Assassins, it's more around 35/160 people on..

Please take this into consideration.

Thank you,
Sup_Brah123

Reactions: Barry_McCockener

Bananaboy21

Jan 30, 2014
The microwave
The reason why it was added was because people camped in the shops and it was added to make them stop a bit, don't blame the staff, blame the people who camped there. If they didn't camp then it would not be here

Reactions: ItIsMe99

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I recall halo concluding a similar thread to this a few months ago, with the response that shops are there to purchase items and escape hastily, and not to set up a tent and roast marshmallows for 15 minutes. Ok, those weren't his exact words, but i think you get the idea :P
You're not supposed to go inside a shop unless you actually intend to purchase something, and as a result of players abusing the system, hunger depletion was added to the proximity of the safe-zone to ensure that if you are going to camp, you're going to be losing a lot of money as a result of having to spam-purchase food.
The reason why it was added was because people camped in the shops and it was added to make them stop a bit, don't blame the staff, blame the people who camped there. If they didn't camp then it would not be here
This is a good point; don't blame the staff, but blame the people who took advantage of the shops before the hunger-depletion was a thing. In fact the hunger depletion mechanic wouldn't even be a thing if people didn't shop camp in the first place! :(

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I do not agree with removing the mechanic, but a reduction to the speed in which saturation is reduced would be an adequate compromise.

Mynd

Dec 7, 2014
The map is big enough, it is so easy to find a spot off the ground or a very obscure spot to recover hearts or whatever, there is no need for you to stay in a shop for any longer than it takes to purchase an item or regenerate your hearts. In short, this is fine and does not need to be nerfed as you have no reason to be in the shop for more than 5 minutes.

Verdag

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2014
Norway
People can easily get stacks of bread and the new players will have to deal with it. The whole point was for people to not shop camp. But it was always the good players that ended up doing it. Sure, they lose food faster, but it's super easy for them to get the loss back.

I'd say remove it.

Reactions: Pingu_

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Here's how I see it, For the current map that we have in assassins the hunger depletion should be kept, the space between each shop is far too small for it to be taken out, primarily because if it was then better and more op players would abuse it. If the map was bigger and the distance between the shops was bigger it would be a bigger risk to go out, because you'd have no safe zone to hide.

This just makes it harder for the less kitted out players to kill more OP players, putting them at the top at all times. Which can be just plain irritating.
What is wrong with shop camping either? You don't really get an advantage from it and everyone can do it so it's not as if one player can take advantage of it himself, people can't progress through the game without leaving so it actually makes it harder for the player camping.

I think the hunger depletion should be removed if not reduced at best.

Sup_Brah123

Apr 9, 2015
I already said how camping could EASILY be avoided. And to the person who said "...you can easily get your food and leave..." When I'm being chased into a shop with 2 hearts left and under half hunger remaining, I don't have the option to heal because by the time I buy my food (if I'm even in the food shops) and eat said bought food, I'm already losing more hunger than I'm gaining. So not only am I now wasting what little money I have, but now I'm dying anyway. This gamemode is unfortunately a 'kill-on-sight' game, there's no way around that. So if you're lucky enough to spawn and not immediately get attacked, you already have to work on finding enough money to buy little food scraps, when before you could relax and set up a plan, etc. I don't know if you guys remember but Mojang made hunger bars go down faster in an update a while back, so not only are we dealing with that, but now we're dealing with our only safe haven destroying our hunger bars even faster than what's actually programmed in the game itself. And no one seemed to touch on the fact that there's only 30-45 people on at a time now. Like I said, when I first started Assassins, there was 135+ on. I don't know about you, but I MUCH rather be camped in the shops where I'm safe, than guarantee a crappy time trying my best to get food. When I started out and finally found out what the game was, I got full iron and even gave some stuff away to newer people, now I'm lucky if I get another piece of chain armor because I'm too busy buying FOOD all of the time. Look at the facts people. The second the hunger was added to shops, the game's population went down by 100 people. The game was easier, not to the point of being so easy that it was boring, but at least you had a chance in hell to get something worth your time. I guarantee you, if you keep the hunger in the shops, this gamemode will die out. Not trying to be mean, just trying to give some constructive criticism.

Walker_Walkis

Nov 15, 2013
I agree with this thread because even though I don't play assassins much, whenever I do, it is horribly annoying to go into a food shop to buy food to buy food so you can buy food that you use to get food, if you know what I'm saying. It's just an endless cycle. Maybe have it so you have around 20 seconds to be in a shop before the hunger thing starts kicking in so you can do what you want to and leave without being bugged by loosing hunger. That way if you tried to camp, after 20 seconds you would be forced to go out because the hunger would kick in.

Dtree01

Jul 25, 2014
Right now you need to put things into perspective here.You will know that people will camp if it gets removed.Also,the people that save up and get full armor,they will camp for free money,and so on and so forth.On the other hand, the decrease of hunger in shops is pretty quick to say,so it can be lowered.For example,say i want to look in a shop to see if I need anything.The hunger depletes so fast that you have to know what you need and get out.But remember that the camping mill make people rage and make hackers come like no body's business.It might raise the population,but the camping will make others rage,hackers come,and campers to earn much moneyz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Top Bottom