Helper App FAQ

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by zRinne, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zRinne

zRinne Sr. Mod
    Staff Member Sr. Moderator

This thread is for those who have questions regarding the helper application. You will be able to find commonly asked questions here and answers along with it. If you have a question that isn't in here, please feel free to PM me and I will add it in with my best response.
    *Updated @ 19/06/2019*​

Q: What are the requirements to apply?
    A: You must have:
    • 100 messages on the forums
    • 3 months of activity
    • 50 successful reports.
    All applications that don't meet these requirements will be DENIED. If a user speaks Arabic, Swedish, or Turkish, they may have a small exemption from these requirements.
    Q: Is there an age requirement for applying?
    A: You must be at least 15 years of age to apply.

Q: Can I be staff on just one platform (Bedrock, Java, Discord, etc.)?
    A: No. If you're staff, you need to be active everywhere.

Q: Does /report (in game) count as a website report to apply for staff?
    A: No, it does not count as a website report. You will still need 50 successful website report to apply for staff.

Q: I have been punished previously. Will I still have a chance?
    A: In general, yes.

Q: Can I write my application in a language other than English?
    A: No. We will only accept applications in English as we need the staff to be able to communicate with each other.

Q: I am not active on the forums. Would that affect my chances?
    A: Yes. Being part of the team means you will have to monitor both forums and in-game, you will have duties on the forums such as: looking through suggestions, checking for bug reports and assisting players who are lost or have issues and questions that requires a staff member to look into. We generally do not accept helper applications from people with less than 100 messages on the forums or people with less than 3 months of activity.

Q: Where can I apply for helper?

A: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/helper-applications-open.139999/

Q: How do I know if I have been accepted/denied?
    A: If you have not been notified via private conversation on the forums, it is likely that you've not been selected. Asking staff if you've been accepted, to review your helper application, etc. will only serve to lower your chances. Please be patient and wait for a response from the staff manager after applying.

Q: If I have been contacted by the staff manager, does that mean I will become a staff member?
    A: No. After receiving an inbox conversation, you are required to go through a Discord interview.
    Going through the interview does not guarantee that you'll be accepted. If you get invited for an interview, please keep this to yourself as
    you are not allowed to tell others that you have an interview/been interviewed..

Q: I am unable to use voice chat for the interview, does that mean I can not apply?

A: Being able to vocally communicate via voice chat is a necessity. You cannot be a member of staff without the ability to communicate via voice chat.

Q: What should I do if I have not been accepted?

A: Wait until the next cycle to apply again. You can use this time to figure out where you may have gone wrong. Maybe this was due to not being active on the forums or one of the many things we look for in helpers.

Q: How long does a cycle last for?

A: There is no set timing for this. It can take a few months so be sure to check every other week.

Q: I made a mistake on my helper application. What should I do?

A: Once you have submitted your application, you'll get a URL doc link. Make sure to never share it as it would allow others to edit the contents in it.
    [​IMG]

Q: If I edit my applications, would you guys give it another look?
    A: We always look through applications more than once. We will also know if someone has edited their application and we would look through it again.

Q: Who decides whether an application gets accepted or denied?
    A: There is a recruitment group consisting of a few staff members who would go into discussion and look into things before coming to a decision, so it's not based on one person's choice alone.
    More information on how staff application work:
    https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-does-recruitment-work.204189/

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.