Help?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by LogBot, Jan 12, 2015.

1. LogBot

LogBot Member

This has been bugging me for awhile. I have no idea how to get screenshots to work on the forums, and I have tried going into my screenshots. However, when going into my screenshots folder, it does not show my current screenshots, in that folder there are only 2 and it it from when I started playing Minecraft. If someone has anything to do to help me fix this, please do. I may or may not just be a noob, so please don't make it sound obvious because nothing is ever obvious to me.

these are the only 2 I have gotten see in the folder 2014-03-11_19.14.09.png 2014-03-13_17.13.40.png 2014-03-11_19.14.09.png

2. LogBot

LogBot Member

(sorry I posted one of theme twice, no idea what happened there)

3. cocai

cocai Member

cocai
    Emerald
    Did you take that first screenshot in the Donator lobby? If so, then that is really neat...

I don't know how to fix the problem that you are facing. To find screenshots, I go to .minecraft folder > screenshots...

4. BlueMoon475

BlueMoon475 Member

BlueMoon475
    Diamond
    %appdata%
    Roaming
    .minecraft
    screenshots
    ^That's how I find mine xD

Maceshank likes this.
  5. ItsYaBoyJavid

ItsYaBoyJavid Member

Re-Install MC, Just delete your .Minecraft folder. And click on minecraft put in your email and pasword and you should have brand new folders for everything. Warning: If you have a world you play on in SP then Don't do what i just said.

6. LogBot

LogBot Member

Yes, I did.

I do that, and those are the only 2 screenshots I come up with D:

7. Blooberry

Blooberry Member

When you hit F2 does it say something like "screenshot (numbers and stuff) taken"?

If so, take a screenshot and go to your computer thingy. Search for the numerical name of that screenshot
    Ex: screenshot 123142_12312351_1.4.2.5.6
    Open up the "computer" tab in the Windows button (assuming you have windows) and type in "123142_12312351_1.4.2.5.6"
    If it says that it is saving, it should be somewhere on your computer, you just have to find it.

8. Oceanical

Oceanical Member

Are you on a Mac?

If so, I was confused about this too. Make sure you click your desktop background first so the options are viewable, and click "Go" and then hold the "Alt/Option" key down and the option "Library" will show up.. click that. Then ...

↪ Click Application Support
    ↪ Open the minecraft folder
    ↪ Click the screenshots folder

Hope I helped... if you had a Mac.

Parvati12 likes this.
  9. LogBot

LogBot Member

I think I have posted a few screenshots... just i do not remember how...

10. LogBot

LogBot Member

11. LaserDolphin77

LaserDolphin77 Member

Well, what kind of computer do you have?
    For Windows:
    • You can use f2 (to take the screenshot) and from there search for your .minecraft folder.
    OR:
    • In the pregame launch window (where you select your profile and user):
    • Click on the profile, then click "Open GameDir" or something along those lines.
    • After you do that scroll across until you find screenshots (it will be a folder named "screenshots").
    • If you can't find that folder, than try looking elsewhere in the GameDir, and you should be able to find all of your screenshots.

For a Mac:
    * There are two alternative ways to take screenshots on a Mac.
    • One way, is to hold fn and press f2, which will do the same as f2 on a Windows (you'll need to follow the steps above).
    OR:
    • The second way to take screenshots is by pressing Command, Shift (left or right, it doesn't matter), and 3 (all of them at the same time), and that will take a screenshot that will load onto your desktop.
    • It is recommended to have your minecraft on fullscreen, so you can get rid of the Mac symbol and Menubar up at the top (but not necessary).
    • From there you can create a folder and name it Screenshots or something like that (not necessary but highly recommended).
    • You can then put all of your screenshots in those folders, and from there find them easily when you go to upload a file.