1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with PvP'ing.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by Zhypo, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Zhypo

Zhypo Member

Dear CubeCrafters,

So I have been asked to help people out and explain how the 1.9 PvP works.

Also, I have added a video about showing "Criticals, Sweeping actions" this will be at the buttom of the thread.

There for I am making this thread!
    So let's get started.

-Hitting

As you all know there is a delay. This delay means; when you hit, your weapon has to ready up again.
    As how it is at the moment, Jitterclicking/spamclicking your weapon won't do any damage. At most half a heart, on someone without armour.
    So if you don't Jitterclick/spamclick and wait untill your weapon has ready'd up, you deal the most damage from normal hitting.

-Criticals

Criticals, they have been in the game from 1.8.
    You get criticals by hitting a players while falling down, this is from any hight possible.
    Most players already know about criticals, but now with 1.9. What are they good for?
    Well let me tell you, just like in the section above "Hitting" is when your weapon is fully ready'd up. That you do the most damage. As how it always been dealing criticals was doing just a little bit more damage. That still is in 1.9!
    So if you would be jumping while you keep your weapon fully ready'd up. You deal even more damage than just standing there!

-Sweeping action

Sweeping, I am not sure about the name of the actual move.
    But what I do know, is that if you're in a game with multiple players in 1 team (against you) you can have your sword ready'd up. And hit! this will show a sweeping action.
    The action doesn't deal more damage than normal standing, although it does do something else interesting!
    So imagine you being in a 1v2 (for the people that don't understand, you alone against 2 other players) and they are by each others side. If you would have the sweeping action you wouldn't just hit one and do the damage. You will hit both of the players. This doesn't include the amount of damage on both players, the one you hit first will be damaged the most.

-Killing someone with Banter

I am sure a lot of people are wondering what "killing someone with banter" is.

Let me help you, killing someone with banter is using various ways of killing your enemy.
    This doesn't mean you're using a sword, or a bow. That isn't killing someone with banter!
    Banter killing is to (for example); try and kill someone with lava, fist, snow balls, eggs, and so on.
    This might be useless in overpowered chest, but if you don't have a rank to vote (Diamond+) you can always play normal! And in normal it is really usefull, due to there not being notch apples (also not craftable) it is very effective to kill someone with lava.

The use of snow balls and eggs are really usefull while other players are on a bridge! When you're trowing snow balls it hits the player back. This doesn't do damage, but it can knock people of a bridge.

-Shields

Shields are a new feature in 1.9 as you should all know already.
    Shields aren't there just for fun. They have a good purpose to them.

So having a shield you can hold right click, this will get the shield up and in front of you.
    The shield blocks of any arrows that are shot ONLY from the front. So if you would have a shield but got shot in the back, you will be damaged.
    Even tho shield block arrows, they don't block of any snow balls or eggs. So that means people can still knock you of with snow balls/eggs.
    Of course a shield does block sword/axe damage, when you ready up your shield and someone starts hitting you it won't damage you. It will however damage the shield.

-What is better to use.

So now in 1.9 we have the axe, the axe does more damage than a sword each full hit.
    As you´re able to see in the sreenshots, the attack damage is more.
    The attack speed tho, it has less on the axe than on the sword. The less the attack speed, the longer it takes to ready up. So it takex longer for a axe to ready up than a sword.

As I´ve been playing with 1.9, the best ting to use is a sword!
    And you might question me why that is. So let me explain it.
    Due to the sword being ready faster, and the attack damage doesn´t makes to much different. You can deal more damage with a sword and faster. Having to wait on the axe will cost you time that they can regen there hearts again.

-The end.
    So this was all the information.
    If you have any questions about Pvp'ing, feel free to ask me!
    Any grammar mistakes are because I am dutch, and have dyslexia. Excuse me for that.

Thanks for reading, I hope it helps you out for playing.

-Zhypo

Don't forget to watch the video here:

Attached Files:

2. hgbf

hgbf Member

⎝Duck⎠
    Nice!

Zhypo likes this.
  3. xMegaCaviax

xMegaCaviax Member

CubeCrafter
    Home Page:
    Nice work you've done here @Zhypo. :)

Zhypo likes this.
  4. Diogu

Diogu Mod Staff Member Moderator

Good job!

Zhypo likes this.
  5. HarryVanSunweb

HarryVanSunweb Member

Selling trips to the sun
    Home Page:
    Nice one. This will help a lot of people. :)

Zhypo likes this.
  6. Eclipse1314

Eclipse1314 Mod Staff Member Moderator

Queen of Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland
    Home Page:
    It helped a lot :)

Zhypo likes this.
  7. iKick

iKick Member

CubeCrafter!
    gg!!! THANKS!

Zhypo likes this.
  8. ImABubbleHead

ImABubbleHead Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

A very helpful thread, thank you dad. :)

Zhypo likes this.
  9. Zhypo

Zhypo Member

No problem son. :p

Also nice to hear it helps!

10. JvwerMcGames

JvwerMcGames Member

WOW :eek: nice work bro!:D:D

Zhypo likes this.
  11. xTurtleOfficialㅤ

xTurtleOfficialㅤ Member

idk
    Nice.

But I already know this sorry ='(

12. Deestinyer

Deestinyer Member

What I like to do, is first come out with an axe. Hit a player once with an axe, then switch to the sword for faster hits.

If they run, I switch to the axe again and try to time my hits - that way, you will kill them faster instead of playing the wild goose chase.

Anyway, a nice guide. Hopefully it'll improve people's 1.9 combat experience.

iLoveYouu and Zhypo like this.
  13. Zhypo

Zhypo Member

@Deestinyer I've been thinking about that to.

But due to the combad being quite bad (if I say so myself) it is harder to get the hit with the axe.

Also, a little update from my own experience.
    Like I've talked about doing critical damage. I found out that doing criticals (of course) does the most damage.

Using the sweeping action you don't do any more damage than it would otherwise. It just damages the other players arround the player you hit.

So that means dealing critical damage will get the fastest kills, big down side of this is. If you're keeping down space so you would be jumping non stop. It's really hard to hit the other players.

So what it comes down the most, even with most of the strats I've told. Fights still take ages. Eating food is more overpowered than ever.

14. Deestinyer

Deestinyer Member

Well it's an equal chance of getting the first hit with a sword or with an axe. Either way, if you miss then both wapons would have to cool down once more (hence making the battles last a long time).

Doesn't sweeping give extra knockback to the player you're hitting and those around? It's what I heard but I haven't tried it myself yet.

In a risky situation all I could suggest is using an axe if you're running away.

Also, you forgot to include how the finishing rods were changed :)
    Now, they don't deal Knockback. Instead, you can pull players towards you if you 'hook' the rod onto them.

Making it easier to catch them if they're running away. Also, if you're on high ground and you hook them, you can actually drag them up and make them take damage as they fall back down.

Zhypo likes this.
  15. Zhypo

Zhypo Member

As I've been playing more singleplayer, I am quite sure players nor mobs have more knockback with the sweeping action.
    Yes, they do have more knockback than when you're spamming your sword.

I actually don't like the new use of fishing rods. As I am really used to the old one that I was always using. (Fun fact, @ImABubbleHead and @Moooofin aways got annoyed for me using it in overpowered)

But back on topic, having the knockback on it. Was giving you a bigger change of getting a combo.

Using it now to drag players if they're running, even if you do. You'd have to wait untill your sword is ready. What takes under a second. Would get them maybe a copple of blocks if they are lucky.

16. Deestinyer

Deestinyer Member

I agree, it's silly how they've done it. Although, you could just gradually get the player closer towards you until they're close enough for you to hit them once or twice.

Though fairly speaking, the rods were good at getting combos... but now you can't really get combo hits the same way, with the delay in place

In 1.8, whenever you hit a combo - you'd get multiple hits in a row without getting hit back. It's almost impossible to do now, because you'd have to wait for your weapon to be ready to strike again and surely your opponent would just hit back in that time - ending the (attempted) 'combo'

So speaking of rods, even if they worked like they used to they would become pretty useless if you wanted to combo.

Zhypo likes this.
  17. Zhypo

Zhypo Member

Yes, they sure are useless as they were.

But I've heared RUMOURS that in 1.9.1 you could disable the delay.
    And don't quote me on that due to it being RUMOURS.
    But if that will change, sure 90% of the CCG players will be really happy. ( including me)

Deestinyer likes this.
  18. Zhypo

Zhypo Member

@Deestinyer well I've just tried using a fishing rod, and like you were saying you are able to pull them at you.
    Not sure if it's able to do. or at least not in TeamSkywars. (I only play Team Skywars)
    So if it's able to do in other games, let me know.

19. iScotteh

iScotteh Member

Goed Aan gewerkt Het zal Veel mensen helpen ,,, --- Good Work Thiws wil be helping muck people