1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help.. No Slimes Spawning

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by h_wang, Nov 27, 2014.

1. h_wang

h_wang Member

I have a 100 x 100 platform at level Y:3 and no slimes are spawning

I tried everything from going to platform at full moon phrase and changing the biome to swamp

Can anyone tell me why slimes aren't spawning?

2. Tacosbefriends

Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

Snarky Internet Man
    Home Page:
    It just takes a while. Make sure you're not standing too close to the platform.

3. Jinjo

Jinjo Member

box cleaner
    Also try changing biome as that may fix it :)

4. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

Ok, i have a few tips that could help resolve the problem. First of all, it's crucial that you're not in the mooshroom biome. Slimes, despite their cute appearance and calm "do whatever you like" nature, are still hostile mobs, and therefore will not spawn under the mooshroom biome.

Secondly, is the platform well lit? I suggest using jack-o-lanterns, because slimes can not spawn on torches or glowstone.

Finally, find the right slime chunks. Don't know what these are? neither do i, but apparently slimes only spawn in specific chunks that correspond to the worlds seed, and without the server's seed, you are unable to actually find these chunks without a little hard work. What i suggest is separating every different chunk on your 100x100 platform with a cheap and disposable block, preferably wood so you can get rid of it quickly. Slimes aren't like skeletons or anything, they actually take time to get working. Once you have all the chunks separated with 2 block-high wood walls, run around for a while. If a slime spawns, you have a slime chunk :) Now, get rid of all the other walls for extra space; slimes will not spawn anywhere else unless you are in the swamp biome. I suggest also using a different biome such as forest, so you actually know whether a slime spawned due to the biome, or due to the chunks.
    Another thing to note is that the chunks actually have to be loaded for something to spawn, so make sure you stand around the middle of the platform to get all the chunks to load :)
    Finally, once you have found your slime chunks, you can build multiple well-lit platforms above them, and make a fantastic slime farm :)
    Hope i helped, and sorry if some of this information is inaccurate, but this is the information that we used to get slimes spawning on our island, so it should work for you too :)