1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Hacks" in the disallowed word system

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by YounB, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YounB

YounB Helper Staff Member Helper

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I think that, if someone says "hacks" or "hax, it should go through to the global chat, but, straight after, an alert would say something like "Spotted a hacker? Record them, upload it to youtube and report them, then they'll get banned!" or something like that, people always accuse people of hacks, and it would kinda make it easier for people to understand.

iOreos likes this.
  2. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

Although I agree that it should tell you how you can report a hacker once you use the word, I still don't think that you should be able to say it in public chat. Although it's easy to bypass, it does decrease the "OMG HACKER NEWB REPORTED!!!1111111!!11" spam that players get after winning fairly, which annoys people quite a lot apparently.

YounB likes this.
  3. AnimalFarmer1984

AnimalFarmer1984 Member

Murder is a crime. Stealing is a crime. Hacking is a crime. You can type Murder into cubecraft chat, but u can't type hacking? what? *confused face*
    They are all serious accusations, and not insults. Treat all the same, if you guys let the use of the word murder, that means you should keep the hacker in chat. Whisper: especially when murder is the 10X worse then hacking.....

4. xMegaGamerx

xMegaGamerx Member

I call hacks for this status.

5. AnimalTamer1

AnimalTamer1 Member

I am sorry, but most of the time people do not accuse others of those crimes in a game. Getting called a hacker is quite common and is something that can annoy certain individuals. Keep in mind that this is a game, so it is not like real life where the other two crimes are sadly frequent. These two crimes are not really brought up in chat from what I have seen. Another thing to remember is that anyone can find a bypass for any word and people will. Take the word 'hacker' for example, it has been bypassed so many times. It is like it is not even blacklisted, but that is not the fault of the server. Even if they blacklist those words too, eventually a bypass will be discovered and used. It is how people work, especially since they want to say anything they can.

While this has good intentions, if it went into global there would be problems with the legit players getting annoyed as @Snap said. Another thing to remember is hackers can toggle and if they know they are getting recorded they may just do that. When finding a hacker, it is better to be quiet and record. That being said I like the idea of an alert being said to help people know what to do if they do not, but I do not think it should go globally. The last thing to consider is that some people do know what to do, but are incapable of recording. It all just depends on the person and what their computers are capable of doing.

6. Anmazing

Anmazing Helper Staff Member Helper

Please do not revive threads older than 2 weeks. @Camezonda

7. Camezonda

Camezonda Mod Staff Member Moderator

YouTube
    Home Page:
    @AnimalFarmer1984 Please don't reply to threads that are older than 2 weeks old. Its called "Necro-posting" and its not allowed. You have been warned. I will now lock this thread as its extremely old. Thanks :)

Locked.

Snap likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.