Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

The_Dnl

Jan 3, 2016
Now, classic chunkies may see this and think HRMMMMM, whats this doin here? Well, I have brought over this idea where I originally suggested it on The Chunk to the forums over here for two reasons.
1) I'd like to share this with the cube community, because I think its a cool game idea and I think lots of people over dere did too.
2) I've edited and revamped it so it should work better. I hope.
Without further ado, I present:

Tile Wars
In its absolute simplest form, this game is kinda like a bigger, longer, domination style 'paint the floor' game. But trust me, there is more to it. I actually had trouble deciding on how this work originally, so I've split it into to modes. (and it still is) I believe this would fit quite well as an arcade game, and I have figured this all out to work with 12 players.

Single Dominate
In this mode of the game, you're trying to be the last person standing, or to have the most tiles in your colour when the game time finishes. I'll explain how you play.
The Map
Just a very basic version of Single Dominate....
MMtrS9I.jpg
3hT1DD4.png
The map is a basis of made of 24 relatively small octagons, made of quartz, but can be coloured to show the player that they belong to. At the beginning, in sets of three, octagons on the outer perimeter are changed to be coloured like the player they belong to. These tiles become the base 'empire' for each player. The remaining octagons in the middle stay made of quartz, as they are unclaimed. Ontop of every tile is a zombie with no AI, and it cannot be moved whatsoever. However, one tile in each players 'base empire' is turned into a skeleton, which can shoot arrows periodically at other players, but acts like the zombies stated above in all other ways. These mobs have their default health of 20.
However, different versions of the map can be made, so that community and builder submissions can work, but the octagons would have to be the same size, and their would have to be a base block (eg Sandstone, Brick, Stone Brick) and coloured blocks (Glass, Wool, or Clay) for each map.
Attacking / Expanding Empire
Once the game begins, players can begin attacking other empires. However, every player's skeleton is invincible for 30 seconds after the game starts, to allow some friendly tile gaining without everyone instantly dying. To claim a tile, all you must do is kill the zombie on it, and that tile will become yours, with its colour changed to yours. Also note that all zombies and skeletons regenerate health at a rate of 1 heart every 5 seconds. The zombie then respawns, and it is your job to protect it. This is very important: YOU CAN ONLY CAPTURE TILES ADJACENT TO YOUR TILES! Throughout the entire game, which will be somewhere between 3-5 minutes, you are constantly trying to protect what land you already own, but expand more by defeating other people's zombies. You can try to attack anyone who harms your zombies, but in the event that you die, you will respawn in 3-7 seconds, at your skeleton, as long as your skeleton is still alive. Your skeleton can only be killed if you have no zombies left, but once your skeleton dies, YOU ARE OUT! You can feel free to stay and spectate, or just leave. Points would be awarded for every time you kill a player, kill a zombie, and kill a skeleton. If you win the game, you receive a big amount of points too.
Ending The Game
The game can end in two ways. One way is that someone's empire has grown so big that they managed to kill everyone else's skeleton, and is the only remaining person in the game, then they have won and the game ends. The game can ALSO end if the timer runs out, and the person with the most captured tiles wins. After 3 minutes, the game enters overtime, where everyone is sent back to their skeleton. During overtime, mobs DON'T regenerate, you DON'T have to capture all of a player's tiles to kill their skeleton, and players have to wait TWICE as long before respawning.

Team Empire
In this mode of the game, you're trying to be the last team standing, or to have the most tiles in your current team's colour when the game time finishes. The game board would be split up into four teams of three, and each team wears their respective coloured armour: red, blue, yellow, and green. Again, I'll explain how you play.
The Map
Just a very basic version of Team Empire....
oNgn9SG.jpg
The map is a basis of made of 24 relatively small octagons, made of quartz, but can be coloured to show the player that they belong to. At the beginning, octagons on the outer perimeter are changed to be coloured like the player they belong to. These tiles become the base 'empire' for each team. The remaining octagons in the middle stay made of quartz, as they are unclaimed. On all tiles in the game, regardless of if they are claimed or not, there are amour stands wearing leather amour. They will be dyed according to the player trying to capture that tile, unless they are unclaimed and they will be wearing iron armour.
Again community and builder maps can be used too, but they would have to follow a similar guideline that this paragraph explains.
Attacking / Expanding Empire
Once the game begins, players can begin attacking other empires. To increase your empire size, you attack the players, or 'influence' their dyed armour stands to 'change sides.' If you kill a person who is on one of their own tiles, it instantly becomes yours. The player you killed will respawn in 5 seconds in a random tile they still own, with 2 seconds of invincibility to protect it. If they died on the last tile they own, then they would join the team that killed them. You can also try and influence a tile to change, simply by standing on a tile that the owner ISN'T standing on. The amour stands leather armour changes colour to show progress, which completes after about 7 seconds. This is very important: YOU CAN ONLY CAPTURE TILES ADJACENT TO YOUR TILES! Once a person's entire empire is wiped out, they then become a part of the last person to take their tile's team. Their colour changes suit, and they MUST contribute to their own team! Purposefully getting captured or refusing to help your team should be treated like griefing and should be reportable. This mode lasts about 3-7 minutes of team domination. Points would be awarded for every time you kill a player, help capture a tile, or help capture a teams final tile. If you were part of the original team that won the game, then you receive a big amounts of points.
Ending The Game
The game can end in two ways. One way is that some team's empire has grown so big that they managed to wipe out every other team, and is the only remaining team in the game, then they have won and the game ends. The game can ALSO end if the timer runs out, and the team with the most captured tiles wins. After 5 minutes, the game enters overtime, where everyone is sent back to their original spawn tile. During overtime, tile captures are TWICE as quick, and respawns take TWICE as long.

Righty! That's about my game, right here! Please do comment below on anything you don't understand, any suggestions you have, and and comments you wanna say!
Have a fantastic day!
-The Dnl

Also, please note that I will be added photos as soon as possible, MC just refuses to take screenshots for some reason right now. See and update log that I'll likely attach for more info.

Update Log
Version 1.0.1 - I changed the hexagons to octagons, it just makes it much easier to build and hopefully a lot easier to visualize. See the map that I'll hopefully add on shortly.
Version 1.0.2 - I also changed team mode slightly to fit with this new arrangement.
Version 1.1.0 - Yayyyy. Basic Map Pics are in, if I get round to it I'll make it more interesting.

Last edited:

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
I like you game idea. I think some people of cube wants a no-PvP game. (Because almost 80% is PvP-based games)
Also it reminds me of Snowdown, the X-mas game of CubeCraftGames. (Also with colours but it was a trail not the most tiles of your colours)

My point is... +1

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom