Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hex4Nova

Aug 31, 2015
www.hex4nova.cf
This is a game that I had came up with a few years ago, but I had never submitted it to any forums. The name is temporary, I haven't decided one yet, so feel free to tell me if you have a more fitting name for the game. It's also incomplete, I just wanted to demonstrate the concept. Feel free to add more to it.

General Information
"Deception" is a game heavily based on trust and communication. At the start of the game, everyone is spawned at random locations in the map. You will be given your class items and after 10 seconds, one ally's username. Using the cryptic information you have, you must determine who is on your side and who you should kill. Most kits will be able to influence the given information, so you can either provide your opponents with false information, or provide you and your team with extra information.

Game Objective
The objective is to eliminate the opponent team. You may not respawn when you die.

Classes
The classes are divided in 3 categories: Supportive Class, which gives the player a physical advantage over other classes; Informative Class, which gives the player extra information about the team members; and Deceptive Class, which allows the player to deceive enemies by providing false information.
EDIT: Thanks to Daniel_H212, I've made some changes to the classes. All classes have chain armor and a wooden sword, so you can't tell the classes apart with their equipments, adding more mystery into the game. I also rewrote a new list of Offensive Classes, and added a few more classes in the other categories.
Warrior
You have permanent Strength I effect.

Avenger
Whenever a teammate dies anywhere in the map, your next hit will be an instant kill. You'll not be informed with the fallen teammate's name. If you kill a teammate, even if it was a normal kill, you'll lose this effect permanently.

Guardian
You have permanent Resistance I effect.

Medic
You have permanent Regeneration I effect, plus you can right click on any player to give them Regeneration I for 10 seconds. Right clicking the same player resets the timer. Right clicking another player will transfer the effect to the new target. Right clicking a block cancels the given effect. Medic effects does not stack.

Executioner
Right click a block to set your invisible trap on top of it. When a player walks over the trap, you can choose to execute them. You have only 7 seconds to execute the player. When the timer runs out, the player can no longer be executed until they walk over the trap again. You won't know the player's username, and the trapped player will not be notified of the trap activation. If you execute a teammate, you'll permanently lose the ability to execute players.

Retributionist
Right click a corpse to resurrect the player. This can be done once per game.
BALANCE NOTE: When a player dies, you must have certain informative roles to collect information about the dead player.

Psychopath
When you kill someone, regardless of their team, you'll receive Strength II and Speed I for 4 seconds.

Scientist
Shift + right click a block to set your invisible teleporter on top of it. Right click at any time to teleport to the teleporter. You must wait 15 seconds before you can teleport again.

Escapist
Right click to become invincible for 6 seconds. You'll also get Speed II and Weakness IV. This effect can only be used 3 times per game.
BALANCE NOTE: While invincible, your sword deals as much damage as a normal punch, so you can only use the invincibility to flee.

Plague Doctor
Shift + right click a healthy player to spread the plague. The player will receive a permanent Wither II effect until they die. Shift + right click a plagued player to cure them, which removes the effect. If you are plagued, shift + right click the block you are standing on to cure yourself. If you have already plagued someone, you cannot plague another player until the plagued target dies or is cured of the plague.

Survivalist (unlocks at 10 wins)
When killed for the first time, you can choose to revive yourself within 30 seconds of death. When revived, you'll have Slowness I and Weakness I for 15 seconds.
Investigator
At any point during the game, shift + right click a player to know their team and class. You can investigate as many players as you need to, with a cool down of 4 minutes per investigation.

Partner
Regardless of influences, the name you are given at the start of the game always belongs to a true ally.

Scout
You'll get to know an ally's name and an enemy's name.

Tracker
At any point of the game, shift + right click an user to track their activity. This allows you to see who they killed and who killed them. You can change target during any time of the game.

Medium
You can read the chat of dead players.

Detective
Shift + right click a corpse to see the dead player's and their killer's name.

Reaper
When someone dies, you'll be informed which team the dead player and their killer belongs to respectively. You'll be informed with the dead player's name, but not the killer's.

Undertaker
When someone dies, you'll get to know their name and their class, but not their team. You don't know anything about their killer.

Eavesdropper
You can read all private messages and whispers from anywhere in the map, with the exception of encoded messages from Cryptographers. This ability is active at all times, even when you're dead.

Veteran (unlocks at 25 wins)
You know exactly what's going on. Get a message every time something about you happens, such as activating an executioner's trap, getting investigated, tracked and hypnotized, etc. You'll also know if there is an eavesdropper in the game or not. You are still vulnerable against deceptive classes.

Chairman (unlocks at 30 wins)
You'll know 3 of your teammate's names at the start of the game. You are immune against Spies and Liars, but you'll have a greater chance of being targeted by Blackmailers, Memory Eaters and Mentors.

Analyst (unlocks at 7 wins using informative classes)
At the start of the game, select a class that you wish to analyze. Instead of receiving an ally's name, you'll instead know the names of all players who are using the analyzed class. If the veteran class is analyzed, all veterans in the game will be alerted. You are immune against Memory Eaters and Mentors.
Spy
At the start of the game, you will appear as an ally for both teams.

Liar
At the start of the game, one player on the enemy team will appear as an enemy for both teams.

Janitor
When you kill someone, nobody on the enemy team can collect information about the dead player.

Blackmailer
Blackmail a random player on the enemy team. The player will not be able to talk for the entire game.

Memory Eater
A random enemy will not receive any information at the start of the game. Unlike the Mentor, this class can counter Partners. This class is ineffective against Analysts and will target other enemies if available.

Mentor
A random enemy will receive misleading information at the start of the game, such as getting an enemy's name when it's supposed to be an ally's, and vice versa. This class is ineffective against Partners and Analysts and will target other enemies if available.

Framer
When you kill someone, you can frame another player as the killer, which will be shown to Reaper, Tracker and Detective class players. Tracker class will not receive the death/kill information until you have framed a killer.

Crematonist
Burn a body by right clicking on it. This can be done once per game. The target player cannot be resurrected by a retributionist for the rest of the game. If there is no retributionist in the game, everyone with this class will be changed to a random deceptive class.

Cryptographer
Your private messages and whispers cannot be eavesdropped, but the receiver must have a key to read your message. To give a key, shift + right click the player who can read your message. If you give a key to an eavesdropper, the eavesdropper will be able to see your messages as usual. Sneak while standing still for 5 seconds to return all given keys. If there is no eavesdropper in the game, everyone with this class will be changed to a random deceptive class.

Disguiser
When you kill someone, you'll become that player (continue the game using their name and skin), and your former self will die.

Hypnotist
Shift + right click a player to change their team. This can be done twice per game, with a cooldown of 2 minutes. You won't know which team the target player was previously in.

Traitor
You can change your team, but only once. If you are the last player alive on your team, changing your team will result in an immediate loss to you and the team you were in.

Mime (unlocks at 15 wins)
You do not belong to any team at the start of the game. Shift + right click a player to change your class and team to said player's class and team. You cannot change your class again once you've successfully changed to a non-Mime class. If you are the last player standing, you'll win alone.
BALANCE NOTE: This class could be used to deceive investigators and waste their investigation ability. Note that there is no neutral team, so you cannot win as a mime if there are other mimes alive. This class can be used to access classes that the player haven't unlocked.

Last edited:

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I would totally play this!
Its kind of like a "team mystery game", except you have to find out who your teammates are.

Reactions: 6views_

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Some of the classes seem a bit unbalanced to me. For this game to work, the classes must be all equal. There needs to be some minor adjustments.

This is a great game idea, I would like to see it on the server. You just need to balance the classes a bit. One suggestion is to add cooldowns on certain kit abilities. Also, it is too easy to kill other players, so I suggest a default full chain set of armor, or maybe full leather protection 1 unbreaking 3.

Darkform9

May 6, 2016
European Union- unlike a certain traitor
I would absolutely love something like this, leaving a huge amount of mystery but also forcing you to pick a side or risk death. I think it would be really fun (It will also be fun to lure friends into the game and kill them, following it with snide remarks and irritating them beyond belief XD)

Reactions: QueenHammie

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
This sounds interesting. I think cube should have an mystery based game so it's +1

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
Curious how this game is gonna be.
Sounds interesting and fun, would love to try this. (Never actually saw something like this before)

Hex4Nova

Aug 31, 2015
www.hex4nova.cf
Isn't this just Team kill centre
This just says don't team kill it is so easy to do everyone will
Team killing is allowed, and occasionally even encouraged. The problem is that if you kill all your teammates, your team will most likely lose because you're going to be fighting against the enemy team by yourself.

Hex4Nova

Aug 31, 2015
www.hex4nova.cf
exactly

ALL The Salt
ALL THE SALT
That's the point of the game though -- you have only yourself to blame if you kill everyone in sight, then lose the game because you have no support. Unless someone is purposely killing their teammates just to lose the game, then you might wanna consider reporting them for gamethrowing.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
Top Bottom