Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
(Aside from the suggestions in https://www.cubecraftgames.net/threads/multiple-skywars-suggestions.14701/ ).

Everyone can vote for day/night/chests + no cooldown for everyone for a few hours when funding goal reached.
The point is to give people a goal to work towards and reward when they donate. The current funding and the goal should be in the log on messages, which they aren't at the moment.

Offer paying to send server wide chat messages
In the same way people do at American football / baseball games. Needs a bit of active moderation/approval, though.

Pay to eliminate Skywars cool down for everyone.
For an hour or two. Aimed at teams of people without a rank.

Pay to activate extra Skywars maps.
For an hour or two. Must be especially good maps :P

Donators board in Skywars lobby
A board right in the middle of the lobby thanking the biggest donators that day/week. The point is to give obvious credit to those who actually reach into their pockets.

Donators can vote for starting bridges between islands
A high ranked donator could vote for Skywars games to start with bridges between islands, causing immediate, unexpected carnage.

Donators can vote for all to have speed/high jump in game
The same bonuses that are in the lobby, but in-game.

Donators can vote for all dead(ghost) players to be able to place blocks
Or even lava...

Donators can vote for weather
Including lightning...

WIZARD_LIZARD_98

Jan 4, 2014
A high ranked donator could vote for Skywars games to start with bridges between islands, causing immediate, unexpected carnage.

Or, like in houses, a bridge could be building as soon as you start and could build itself like a structure in houses. You can speed it up by getting hits on people

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Mwahahaha... Ahahahhaa! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!
*cough* *gasp* *wheeze*
*walks into the other room for a glass of water*
Sorry about that. I just really like evil ideas like that sometimes when I find something I really like I... I...
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!

Reactions: Tatty and MadGab210

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
Some great ideas, very game changing
Thanks very much! The theme of most of the ideas is to allow donators to customise their own games as much as possible, rewarding their purchases. I think the over-powered chest voting is an excellent idea, and should be expanded on.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!
I've seen MC hunger games videos where all the dead players were given full creative powers. What they dropped on the players ranged from apples and experience potions to lava and ghasts. It seemed too unbalancing, hence I thought just blocks would still allow interaction but not over-power so much. Maybe it would need a limit on the number of blocks (1 stack only?).

I think the lightning weather would be a bit too, abusive?

Perhaps, though the voter shouldn't have control of where the storm strikes (to be EULA compliant). It would be random fire and death...better or worse on maps that are flammable?

I would like to add one further suggestion, which combines with the above:

Allow all players (including non-donators) to vote on the very least game-play affecting change
Which would probably be "time of day". The idea is to get all players used to the idea that they too can change the way the map is played. They would then clearly see the range of options they could purchase every time they played a round, a form of targeted advertising. I would introduce this at exactly the same time as any other options (such as those above) to avoid alienating any gold-rank players.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
(Aside from the suggestions in https://www.cubecraftgames.net/threads/multiple-skywars-suggestions.14701/ ).

Everyone can vote for day/night/chests + no cooldown for everyone for a few hours when funding goal reached.
The point is to give people a goal to work towards and reward when they donate. The current funding and the goal should be in the log on messages, which they aren't at the moment.

Offer paying to send server wide chat messages
In the same way people do at American football / baseball games. Needs a bit of active moderation/approval, though.

Pay to eliminate Skywars cool down for everyone.
For an hour or two. Aimed at teams of people without a rank.

Pay to activate extra Skywars maps.
For an hour or two. Must be especially good maps :p

Donators board in Skywars lobby
A board right in the middle of the lobby thanking the biggest donators that day/week. The point is to give obvious credit to those who actually reach into their pockets.

Or even lava...

Donators can vote for weather
Including lightning...
+over9000

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

YES.jpg

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
In the same theme that the donator selling point should be game-mode customisation, I thought of some more. All of these are intended to be Donator perks for Skywars.

Vote to have all players to be reskinned
Such as making every player looks like zombie/creeper/Steve/pig.

Vote for no health regeneration
Making the game more like UHC.

Vote for a first minute of everyone being invisible
An bridge building towards you? What could that mean?

Vote for hostile snow golems
To spawn on every island that did not start with a player.

Vote for all non-ore, non-wood, non-chest blocks to be replaced with glass
So no more hiding. Needs each player to spawn with an additional stack of building materials or a silk touch pick axe.

Vote for chests to contain mob spawn eggs
I believe with plugins (not mods) these can be thrown like a snowball, which is what you would want. If you can't throw them it's still a nice option.

Vote for chests to have fireworks
Because it would make people go "Oooooh" and "Ahhhhh" at the pretty lights. This could also be something to give one of to each dead player. They would need fire or a plugin to set them off immediately.

Vote to start with bridges + railways between islands
And have chests with minecarts, tnt minecarts...

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
These suggestions rule. I really like them!

I've never seen anyone put so much effort in this, you deserve my follow.
These are all great ideas, keep them coming.

Thanks! The effort is in the implementation though. "Ideas are worthless" is the saying in the start-up world, but really value comes in a combination of the idea (easy) and the work (hard). Which is why I put what I thought was relatively easy to implement in this list.

I'll make sure to post if I think of anything else :)

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
Implementation
Probably only one customisation should be allowed in each game, at least at first. Otherwise it will get too confusing. Maybe later, the highest ranks could get two (or more) changes.

I would also change how donators currently get preferential logins to maps (the "last slot" at the moment). Instead I would open each map to donators for 5 seconds when it first appears on the walls. This would give donators a bit more time to vote for the different options. It would also mean there is practically more than just the "last slot" reserved for donators.

Other ideas (probably a bit harder to work through)

Vote for health bars

Change the text colour of nametag based on player health.

Vote for the power of killing
Every time you kill, you get the effects of a god apple for 30 seconds

Vote for firework injuries
Every time someone is injured, a firework goes off above their heads. Alternatively (or additionally), every time someone is injured, a block near them gets set on fire.

Vote for wither-in-the-middle
The middle starts with a wither on it.

Vote for SkyTeams
The players are split into two teams, red and blue, alternating on each island. The nametag text can identify the teams. When all of one team is dead, the game immediately reverts to all-vs-all (with a chat message saying so).

Sccottyyy

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2014
Vote for health bars
Change the text colour of nametag based on player health.
Seems possible to do, quite a good idea.

Vote for SkyTeams
The players are split into two teams, red and blue, alternating on each island. The nametag text can identify the teams. When all of one team is dead, the game immediately reverts to all-vs-all (with a chat message saying so).
Could be good, maybe some players don't want this. May cause some trouble if people don't want it.

Vote for the power of killing
Every time you kill, you get the effects of a god apple for 30 seconds
Seems a bit overpowered, maybe a kit option could be that every kill you get you get 3 seconds of regeneration.

Vote for wither-in-the-middle
The middle starts with a wither on it.
This may cause too much lag for the server.

Vote for firework injuries
Every time someone is injured, a firework goes off above their heads. Alternatively (or additionally), every time someone is injured, a block near them gets set on fire.
Seems quite good.

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
>Skyteams
>>Could be good, maybe some players don't want this.
I guess - though they can always pay for a higher rank and not have to play it. I guess I would actually like to see this as a separate game mode, maybe one part of one of the three walls. But at the same time I'm trying to tie the ideas into getting more money for the server.

>Power of killing
>>Seems a bit overpowered, maybe ... 3 seconds of regeneration.
To me 3 second regeneration is a bit under-powered! It doesn't happen so often that you fight someone else so quickly. I'm sure there is a happy medium between the two ideas.

>Wither
>>This may cause too much lag for the server.
Right-ho, I don't know much about what would do this.

What I'm really trying to say in all these ideas is just that there are still ways to make the server money despite the EULA. The focus just has to be on providing donators with more choice and control in the game. Before the EULA they could get personal upgrades, but even now they can still modify the game play to their liking. I do not wish to belittle the work required to actually make the changes needed, though.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom