Not open for further replies.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello everyone! I happy to present yet another Blossoms map, this was the fasted map I have ever made on record but you will find it was no rush job. This was a very simple yet very fun project that I enjoyed very much. Enjoy!

-Map Name: Blossom

-Creator(s): @Mrs. Brown and @Finixly

- Description of map: In the peaceful valley two players clash near a waterfall, nearby huts reside, flowers and trees decorate the already beautiful land. Rocks provide an obstacle towards the sides and cobblestone walls loosely line part of the river.

Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/Ho2bdTd

Feedback is very much appreciated! Good or bad, I'd like to hear it! Please, however, vote based on how much you like the map gameplay and style-wise, keep in mind this is going to be a map for everyone so don't vote if you want to be a troll or you don't like me.

Special Thanks:
@Nutuu for letting me reference his huts
FrostBurnMC for providing the tree modules.
@Yoya for his advice and criticism.

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
The map in overall looks is good, the only issues i have with it are some of the details which end up intruding gameplay.
  • Grass paths have a 1/16th block difference and it’s extremely annoying for PvP.
  • That waterful seems like it could be problematic, I wouldn’t want my oponent to climb up there and avoid all confrontation.
  • The trees look so huge they’ll probably make the map take a painfully long time to load, which is the worst thing that can happen to you playing Duels.
  • I noticed the waterfall expands outwards, is that meant to be accessible? Cause it looks great for camping.
  • And at last the most minor detail, that bamboo seems evil, it would get in the way of PvP.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
In addition to Elivat's post

The border-cliff looks very plain and, in a way, fragile(?). I'm not quite sure what word I should use to describe it but it just doesn't seem quite right.
Furthermore, the spawning platforms seem like they just got pasted in and are not integrated with the environment (on that note: what are they supposed to resemble? I'm not seeing it)

All sugar cane shouldn't be higher than a block to prevent players from 'camping' in them when they're healing up. The grass surface is very, very, very plain.
In this state, I don't think this map has the same quality like the current maps in-game

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The map in overall looks is good, the only issues i have with it are some of the details which end up intruding gameplay.
  • Grass paths have a 1/16th block difference and it’s extremely annoying for PvP. (They are in the side so they wont be to much of an issue but I can still change them)
  • That waterful seems like it could be problematic, I wouldn’t want my oponent to climb up there and avoid all confrontation. (Barrier Blocks)
  • The trees look so huge they’ll probably make the map take a painfully long time to load, which is the worst thing that can happen to you playing Duels. (I can lower height.)
  • I noticed the waterfall expands outwards, is that meant to be accessible? Cause it looks great for camping. (Not accessible just for decoration)
  • And at last the most minor detail, that bamboo seems evil, it would get in the way of PvP. (Purposely at the sides and I have greatly reduced it from what it was.)

In addition to Elivat's post

The border-cliff looks very plain and, in a way, fragile(?). I'm not quite sure what word I should use to describe it but it just doesn't seem quite right.
Furthermore, the spawning platforms seem like they just got pasted in and are not integrated with the environment (on that note: what are they supposed to resemble? I'm not seeing it)

I have fixed the cliff, can't post images yet since I'm not on yet, but the platform is ying-yang. Yoya suggested I use wood rather than wool as that would look even weirder when I tried it.

All sugar cane shouldn't be higher than a block to prevent players from 'camping' in them when they're healing up. The grass surface is very, very, very plain.
In this state, I don't think this map has the same quality like the current maps in-game

I can fix the sugar cane, however, I did design them to be impossible to enter due to the barrier blocks on top, the walls slightly around them, and the other blocks directly in front of them, and I beg to disagree on the quality, there are some very ugly and old maps on duels that are still in existence and i feel this one is quite pretty.

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
https://imgur.com/a/SCgsScM Here are images detailing various fixes I made.
My opinion has not changed. The border wall has been worked on, I can see that, but barriers are a HUGE no go in Duel maps, especially considering the 1 block heigh sugar cane won't be an issue. I don't see why you'd plop barrier blocks on top of them.

The grass surface is still plain and boring. The spawn platforms still are not integrated with the environment

Reactions: Eli

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
My opinion has not changed. The border wall has been worked on, I can see that, but barriers are a HUGE no go in Duel maps, especially considering the 1 block heigh sugar cane won't be an issue. I don't see why you'd plop barrier blocks on top of them.

The grass surface is still plain and boring. The spawn platforms still are not integrated with the environment

I can remove the barriers but people are going to complain about camping. Which is better. A) What we have now B) Only barriers on the waterfall or C) None at all.
The server I'm on has a weird system for sugar cane, if this was implemented there wouldn't be barrier blocks there because Cubecraft can process sugar cane, unlike buildersrefuge. What do you suggest for the grass surface because everything I have tried looks ugly or out of place. The spawn platforms look better then they did before. Here is a better photo:

FWD7xqM.png

As you can see it's a ying-yang but the reason why I used stairs is to create a kinda ripple effect if you understand, I tried using wool, like I did in the other Blossoms however that looked super weird and it was super big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
Not one to normally complain about this type of stuff here but the amount of people using auto-clickers on the new bedwars game is vile. Even a few on the leaderboards which is just something else.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom