1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't you just hate the format of reporting?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by Z3tr0nix, Sep 7, 2016.

?

Ingame / no video proof reporting?

1. no vid reporting (forums)

2. ingame reporting

3. VID FOOTAGE REQ SO GO GET BETTER COMP AND PLAY ON OUR SERVER!

4. INGAME REPORTING = STAFF MEMBER SPAMMING!!!

5. no vid reporting (forums) + ingame reporting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z3tr0nix

Z3tr0nix Member

So, currently in cubecraft, you have to have video proof to report a player, now, if I am the last person to die, the game ends, I am pretty much uselessly reporting... Or if I can not record a "video" on my laptop / computer, WHY CAN I NOT REPORT WITHOUT VIDEO PROOF???? So hope that they add support for ingame reporting, or forum reporting, or just informing a staff, to watch the player I reported.

Also if possible please watch SKMnolaiferis, he is a flyhacker...

~ Z3tr0nix

2. RockBob4

RockBob4 Member

There are plenty of free, easy to use, video softwares like obs and ezvid. As the staff said If you get a screen shot of someone being knocked of the edge with a punch bow, it may look like they are flying. No, I don't hate that video evidence is required. It actually makes it more fair.

3. TheFastBowler

TheFastBowler Member

Cricket
    Home Page:
    NO! They need a video! Do you not understand! How are you supposed to tell if the player is using Kill Aura. Also, you can just take a picture of a player falling into the void and say they are fly hacking. I disagree to everything you have said.

4. Z3tr0nix

Z3tr0nix Member

At least you can watch over them, like a plugin is watching on their movements more than usual! with a command like /report Steve
    so if Steve is reported 10 times so from level 1 he goes to a level 2 and on wards, at some point if he is level say 100 then he is watched by a staff member (using incognito mode)

5. Cynamooo

Cynamooo Member

Wieee
    Home Page:
    The best thing to do is start recording when you start playing. When you don't see hackers you just delete the record and make another one. Simple as that!
    You can only give video evidence because it's really easy to edit a picture and give someone a false ban. That's why you need video evidence :D

6. Z3tr0nix

Z3tr0nix Member

Reply to this
    you are saying I have to download a video software JUST TO PLAY ON A SERVER WITHOUT HACKERS???????????
    Why do i even play in this server.... Anyways, seems like noody cares, I am just going to leave the hacker to peace with the server, gl hf hf = have fun, which you wont bc you are RECORDING and laggingWhy U DO DIS???

7. Anmazing

Anmazing Helper Staff Member Helper

Staff members are the ones that need to decide if a player is hacking or not, based on the provided video evidence; people are sometimes reporting players that are simply good at the game.
    There used to be a /report command; there was a lot of spam and false reports, so it was removed and most likely won't be coming back. 'Watching' players isn't possible as staff members cannot join games that are in-progress.

8. Cynamooo

Cynamooo Member

Wieee
    Home Page:
    First of all calm down! Second off all: does it take that much time to just install OBS? You want to get away of hacker well.... maybe you should do something as well.
    ;)

9. ♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡ Member

recording software isnt just for hackers i got it for hackers but ended up using it for any cool moment that happened in game. As people said above OBS takes maybe 10 mins to setup and works on even the worst of computers :D

10. Orangeric88

Orangeric88 Mod Staff Member Moderator

-=-+EggWars+ -=-
    Home Page:
    Sometimes, screenshots could be faked. Either from Photoshop or being hit off the edge with a knockback item. Video evidence is the best way to record as it's the best way to see the player hacking.

They used to have this command. /report. But it got removed due to it being severely abused. Players would report other players even though they aren't hacking. Most players just report other players due to them being a little but to salty.

If you want to record, some recoding softwares you can use are stated below:
    • OBS
    • Bandicam.
    They are free programs that anyone can download and use. :)

Also not all report's have to be done on video. Certain reports such as:
    • Spamming
    • Advertising
    • Cursing
    • Just plain out being rude in chat
    Can be handled by taking a screen shot with 2 or more warnings telling the player to stop what they are doing. A format you can use is stated: <PLAYER> Please stop <Offence> 1/2

Nothing can be done about this player. He/she will not be banned since you don't have video evidence of him/her hacking. Irony.

~ Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.