Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see 'Domination' added to Cubecraftgames?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I love tower defenders. Perhaps we could have a gamemode that has a survival games-like map that consists of hardpoints that need to be captured to earn your team score, just like Tower defenders but without islands. We already have a similar thing on the map 'Dino' where there are very few bridges to build across to, so it's not like the idea is being stolen from other servers as inspiration was taken from an existing gamemode.

What is domination?
Inspiration taken from the Call of Duty gamemode of the same name, as well as Tower Defenders from Cubecraftgames, Domination is a PvP based gamemode that consists of a number of hardpoints on the map that must be stood on or around to be captured. Once captured, they will award your team a number of points every second, depending on the hardpoints size and position on the map. You have infinite lives, and the objective of the gamemode is to reach a certain score. Killing other players does not award points for your team, however you will be expected to kill players to capture some hardpoints from opposing teams.
A few details:
-There will be two teams for most maps
-Maps will usually be fairly large, perhaps slightly smaller than some Survival games maps
-Kits will be similar to, or identical to Tower Defenders
-Abilities would be amazing, but not necessary
-An odd number of flags on every map, to ensure that there's always one team doing noticeably better than the other (3 / 5 flags)
-Score limit to be higher than on Tower Defenders to make matches slightly longer
Opinions? :)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Figured I should also mention, another large difference between Domination and Tower Defenders is that you shouldn't be able to place blocks in Domination, but rather you'd have a number of routes that you can take to reach each hardpoint. I feel as though it would ruin the objective of the game if you can just build towers and walls around hardpoints to defend them, or to climb over obstacles. The key to domination is to use your map knowledge and PvP skills to overcome, and this wouldn't work very well alongside block placement.

PartyBlaze

Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2014
Europe
Figured I should also mention, another large difference between Domination and Tower Defenders is that you shouldn't be able to place blocks in Domination, but rather you'd have a number of routes that you can take to reach each hardpoint. I feel as though it would ruin the objective of the game if you can just build towers and walls around hardpoints to defend them, or to climb over obstacles. The key to domination is to use your map knowledge and PvP skills to overcome, and this wouldn't work very well alongside block placement.
So like Adventure gamemode?
+1

Reactions: Sophie

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
You could just say you want more points and flat (not island-ish) maps in tower defenders...
I considered that and it does seem a simpler option. I feel as though it might be too inconsistent though, with some maps being small and on islands with block placing whilst others are much larger, flatter maps (Like Dino) but without block placement. It would be a lot easier to implement though, and I suppose it is called Tower defenders, not Tower islands. :)

TlmeLord

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
On top of Rororoyourboat
I considered that and it does seem a simpler option. I feel as though it might be too inconsistent though, with some maps being small and on islands with block placing whilst others are much larger, flatter maps (Like Dino) but without block placement. It would be a lot easier to implement though, and I suppose it is called Tower defenders, not Tower islands. :)
Well you do need to protect the towers.
Dino maps is more flat and less island-ish because that what we were going for while building the map:P
We could maybe make larger islands, which would be less confusing or messy.

Reactions: Sophie
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
Top Bottom