/Discord Command In-Game

Discussion in 'Discord' started by AHHHHHHHHHH, Jun 24, 2019.

?

Should this feature be added the Discord

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but with changes.

33.3%
  1. AHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHH Member

iWillFinesseYou
    Obsidian
    Hello, I am here with a new suggestion for the network/Discord server.

Basically, what this suggestion entails is that there should be a /discord command in-game that will connect your Minecraft username to the Cubecraft discord. Once you type /discord, there should be a verification code that pops up in Discord, and you have to enter that in the in-game chat(subject to change, just giving ideas.) I came up with this so that it would be easier for players to connect with each other while using the CubeCraft Discord and playing on Cubecraft.. Your discord username would be changed to to your Minecraft username. I am also suggesting that there should be a one time reward for connecting your in-game name to the Discord in the form of an achievement or points/exp. All ideas are subject to change.

2. BattleZoneLover01

BattleZoneLover01 Member

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEP_
    Diamond
    Is that even possible?

AHHHHHHHHHH likes this.
  3. AHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHH Member

iWillFinesseYou
    Obsidian
    Yes, it is possible Hypixel and Minesaga(SkyBlock server) both have it on there discord’s.

BattleZoneLover01 likes this.
  4. Fedde2001

Fedde2001 Member

Fedde2001
    Emerald
    PLUS
    This is possible but there are a few things;

Some people just want to keep names from Discord and Minecraft separated.
    Already a few times suggestions about connecting your rank ingame to discord were Denied. So this wont be added.
    Also this wont be used to ‘make players connected to CCG discord easily’ because its already very easy with all the links ingame.

So I’m sorry, I dont see the point of adding this...

5. BringMeTheHorizon ♠

BringMeTheHorizon ♠ Member

BringMeZHorizon
    Emerald
    The amount of servers that have it is surreal. My friend was able to code a self-made bot capable of doing exactly this.
    I don't see how is that an issue whatsoever.
    Source?
    What?
    There is a lot of uses for it, mostly for moderation purposes.
    1. Less Discord alts
    2. Less trolls
    3. No more bad or obnoxious names
    4. Staff know who's who
    5. No more spam bots
    6. No more DM-advertising bots
    Need more?

Capitan, Azalea and AHHHHHHHHHH like this.
  6. Fedde2001

Fedde2001 Member

Fedde2001
    Emerald
    PLUS
    Thats why this is different to everyone, I dont have a problem with this since my IGN, Discord name and Forums name are the same. I do know people who do.

Sorry unclear sentence. I ment to say: IF this would be to let players easily connect to the discord, it wont be necessary because you can find the link already a few times ingame.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/discord-rank-idea.209586/
    https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/donator-rank-on-discord.188201/
    https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/discord-roles.201125/
    https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-discord-ranks.200650/
    https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ranks-on-discord-and-forums.204729/

These are a few old ones, has been suggested already a lot as you can see ^

I guess this would be just one point, not 6. Witch is to keep the discord free from any person with a bad intention.
    Then I guess (not sure) you suggest would be to let players ingame 'verify' their account and let them join the discord server after they verified?

How about all those who are already in the discord.
    How about 'community' people who just don't have the game minecraft? Would they be able to verify at an other way?

I would like to get this clear, yes.
    Mostly because you seem a little unkind in your reply and I'm not very sure why.

But if this will ends in a 'Yes-No' discussion then lets keep it to your answer soon :)

7. BringMeTheHorizon ♠

BringMeTheHorizon ♠ Member

BringMeZHorizon
    Emerald
    There's just a lot of servers that do this and no one has a problem with it.
    You have pretty horrible comprehension. The links you gave me were about Discord roles, what's being suggested here is linking your Minecraft user to your Discord one.
    Then they can get verified.
    How would you find a Discord server without even owning the game this server is based on? Why would someone join a Discord server meant for a game SERVER without owning the game?
    And for that I apologize, I am not trying to be rude but it's just my tone or attitude I guess, mid-argument. I am not trying to be hurtful or harmful at all. Please keep that in mind.

8. Fedde2001

Fedde2001 Member

Fedde2001
    Emerald
    PLUS
    I did not check every player in those servers, If you did then Im sorry. In that case you are right, if not we can keep this to a thing witch is different to everyone.

Also this would be my fault:
    They were about discord roles, because I was talking about discord roles. Not about linking the account. "connecting your rank ingame to discord"

Because they are planning to maybe buy the game or just like I said, do like the community, forums and discord chats. Just not the game.
    I know a few people ^

Thats fine, then lets keep it that way, and end the discussion?

9. AHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHH Member

iWillFinesseYou
    Obsidian
  10. Fedde2001

Fedde2001 Member

Fedde2001
    Emerald
    PLUS
    Riley and Elenah both voted already, Keanu could bring a new opinion :eek:

AHHHHHHHHHH likes this.
  11. Elenahh

Elenahh Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Elenahh
    Helper
    PLUS
    Personally, I love the suggestion and at the same time, I do see why some people might dislike it.

The CubeCraft Discord server is unique because of how much cleaner it is than many other servers. There are just a few roles, the channels are well sorted out and when a new member joins, they can easily understand how things work on there (channels, rules, etc). That being said, bringing part of the in-game server to the discord one will definitely harm the uniqueness it currently has. Some people might not like that at all, others might be in love with it. It's all about the opinion of the person. I'm one of the people who think that harming the uniqueness wouldn't be a huge deal at all, especially if we take into account all the positive things it could bring.
    ^ As well as happy community members who have their in-game ranks on the Discord server, because we all know that it is a thing many people would love to have.

There could be even more additional suggestions to your thread, and I would love to think it all through and list some of them, but that will happen a bit later as I've got some stuff to do :p

12. Keanu

Keanu Member

Keanutjuhh
    Obsidian
    PLUS
    Well, it's a good idea but what perms they get is a big one.

I would love to see ingame ranks being added to discord, but at the same time, the discord looks really clean. Maybe do it like this
    upload_2019-6-29_0-8-59.png

Next to that, maybe like a looking-to-play channel?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Fedde2001 and Basketman like this.
  13. BattleZoneLover01

BattleZoneLover01 Member

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEP_
    Diamond
    Bump because I think this should be looked at.

Keanu and AHHHHHHHHHH like this.
  14. Azalea

Azalea Member

xAzalea_
    Obsidian
    This should definitely be looked at, but considering how little effort or care they appear to show about this, and due to the fact that they feel that they shouldn't have to use bots for stuff on discord I doubt it'll get implemented. It could definitely be done fairly easily and don't say "yeah well you dont know that you arent a developer" because I have personally coded discord bots myself and know multiple people who have done far more complex things than this. Management just needs to focus on actually doing this rather than just ignoring it.

15. AHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHH Member

iWillFinesseYou
    Obsidian
    Since I think that this needs immediate action, I’m just going to tag @Quetzi. I would like this feature to be added ASAP.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠ likes this.
  16. Quetzi

Quetzi Management
    Staff Member Management

Quetzi
    Management
    PLUS
    Something that I would like to implement at some point, however the reality is that there are other projects that I have our developers on that I regard as more important right now.

17. Elivat

Elivat Member

_EliteEli
    Emerald
    PLUS
    Would be very cool. I was wondering if you personally would feel comfortable with having your discord infractions have an impact in-game. The discord server is a bit messy and perhaps it could help out.