Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should something like this be added (forums or discord)

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Although I don't agree with your idea, I do think that we should do something about this.

First of all, I would like to mention that you can easily check which task a designer has in Story's Staff History & Status thread under the ''current'' staff members spoiler.

Okay, back to your suggestion: I don't think we should add these roles on the forums since it doesn't necessarily cause a big mess but I don't think this is the right way. However, something like a role on Discord would make more sense in my opinion. Here's an example on how this could be done:
1610886973584.png

And if we were to do this, I think admins and developers should have a role explaining their rank as well (e.g. Community Manager, Staff Manager, Game Developer etc.)

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I really don't see how it would look messy..? xd
I guess it's just a nice thing to have, it's literally some kinda suffix between brackets so I see no problems in that. Why not?

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
I personally think it would look quite nice. It’s always good to have a bit more clarity into who does what etc.

D

Deleted member 469419

This would be something easier to know if some staff members would use their staff status in the correct way instead of adding them stupid stuff that doesn't make sense.
(I agree).

P.D: maybe add a poll?

Last edited by a moderator:

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Is this a real argument against the suggestion though? I suppose it'd be worth a little bit of time if it'd help people understand a designer's specific role on the team.
They can find the specific roles if they really need them, we dont need to complicate our forums rank system simply to explain something to players that they realistically do not need to know and they can find elsewhere.

Way more effort than it's worth.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Then why would you have the Sr Moderator rank? Should we know you're a senior mod?
There’s a difference between a completely separate rank and an indication for what they do (eg I don’t have QA or partner team rank because there’s no point in it) byt ges because people can contact me for helper applications stuff (plus it makes some perms stuff easier). There’s not really a reason for a community member to know who’s a builder or a skin artist as like they don’t directly work together with the community. Like story said, people can find out by checking a thread, we really don’t have to make our roles system more complicated.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hqteful wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Kazwa wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Thank you for the follow!!
Critly wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! :)
Dreamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.