Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Think Games

So nearly every game after about 10 minutes I break my bridges to gear up with iron armor and notch apples in order to become stronger before I raid someone. During this time people try to raid me and I hit them off with bows as I am not ready to raid someone yet. Everytime this happens people accuse me of "camping". They say "Enjoy your ban camper ;)". I'm pretty sure that cutting off your connection to other islands for a bit to gear up so you can attack someone is not camping. I thought the definition of camping was if you pretty much force the game into stalemate as in you never raid or never let anyone raid you. Please correct me if I am wrong this is really bugging me.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
If you're the last person/team alive within that 10 minutes, I would consider you camping..

byanTraXx

Jun 4, 2015
From your dreams :v
I know the notch apple is important but the game becomes too slow and bored and the people in his base with bows for me is camping, but thats me opinion XD

PartyBlaze

Dedicated Member
Nov 27, 2014
Europe
I agree with you. Ignore those people, in my opinion camping is totally locking up yourself when you're the only one left together with someone else. Like how people build up very high in SkyWars in order to build a base above the glass.

Super_ryan94

Oct 19, 2015
Somewhere in the Virgo Supercluster
For me is camping that you making a massive skybase or something or a fortress. ;)
Are you referring to me?

If you're the last person/team alive within that 10 minutes, I would consider you camping..
Then a tactical retreat to your island when you're the only player in your tean against three teams of atleast 3 players is camping? Then I should get a ban. I do that and gear up and wait till there are less opponents to fight off.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Are you referring to me?

Then a tactical retreat to your island when you're the only player in your tean against three teams of atleast 3 players is camping? Then I should get a ban. I do that and gear up and wait till there are less opponents to fight off.
As I said if you're the last person/team alive, meaning you're the only player/team alive except for one other team... And you just go sit on your island forever waiting for them to build over and then just shoot them off etc.
If you do like the exact same as those people, you should probably change your play style before you get banned or something...

Hexagon

Nov 22, 2015
Holland/Nederland
Camping in short:
You stay on a position for a long time and keeping all your enemies off you (Disturbing building bridges, Spamming fishing rod, eggs, etc)

In your case, you break the bridge to mid/other island to gear up. Maybe you was suppose to recreate the bridge
But you only start camping after 10 minutes. Not camping for 10 minutes, after all they didn't warned you as "Stop camping!''. Instead, they start threating you that you will get a ban,

you also mention in your thread: Breaking the bridge for a bit. So if you rebuild the bridge you are pretty much no longer camping (exept if they keep coming o_O)

Anyways. I hope I explained you on where you are bugging on.

Gilbert Gobbels

Nov 24, 2015
Out of the box
Camping in short:
You stay on a position for a long time and keeping all your enemies off you (Disturbing building bridges, Spamming fishing rod, eggs, etc)

In your case, you break the bridge to mid/other island to gear up. Maybe you was suppose to recreate the bridge
But you only start camping after 10 minutes. Not camping for 10 minutes, after all they didn't warned you as "Stop camping!''. Instead, they start threating you that you will get a ban,

you also mention in your thread: Breaking the bridge for a bit. So if you rebuild the bridge you are pretty much no longer camping (exept if they keep coming o_O)

Anyways. I hope I explained you on where you are bugging on.

Last edited:

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
So nearly every game after about 10 minutes I break my bridges to gear up with iron armor and notch apples in order to become stronger before I raid someone. During this time people try to raid me and I hit them off with bows as I am not ready to raid someone yet. Everytime this happens people accuse me of "camping". They say "Enjoy your ban camper ;)". I'm pretty sure that cutting off your connection to other islands for a bit to gear up so you can attack someone is not camping. I thought the definition of camping was if you pretty much force the game into stalemate as in you never raid or never let anyone raid you. Please correct me if I am wrong this is really bugging me.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camping

Reactions: Gilbert Gobbels

lIIIIIllIIIIIl

Nov 14, 2015
England, UK
Campers are easily beaten if you play strategically.

Camper:

"A term given to those in an online multiplayer game (usually FPS) who will place themselves in a strategic position and wait for an extended period of time until a target enters his field of view. The position usually allows one to surprise the target and allows the "camper" to eliminate him with ease. There are variants of this such as camping an item to repeatedly gain its benefits and defending a critical location.

Camping is a perfectly legitimate strategy, but is criticized by a majority of the online community, usually because players get frustrated by being killed in such a fashion, it slows the game down and is considered an unskilful art. Idiots always resort to insulting a camper, who will most likely have a higher score than them." taken from UrbanDictionary.com

Whilst an annoying strategy it's a perfectly logical move if put in a difficult position, let me use a real life example now. In the Military there's a term being called "Dug in" which basically means fortified and ready to defend a position rather than attack or abandon it.

Reactions: NorwaySun
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom