Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Staff have always been saying that Cubecraft is an original server who hosts only original minigames. Is that true though? Well, let's see.

Survival Games, UHC, Skywars... virtually every server has these games. Definitely originality on Cubecraft's part.
Money Walls was based off of Hypixel.
Anyone can tell that Tower Defense was based off of BTD Battles.
Block Band has the Guitar Hero vibe.
Block Wars is just Capture the Flag with a small twist.
The only truly original game I can think of is Control Point, but they removed it because they are hypocritical.

To conclude, Cubecraft is not original. What I can't figure out is why staff keep on saying Cubecraft is original and only hosts original minigames.

You know what they say, "the best ideas are stolen".

Reactions: TemporaryAccount

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
That is true.....
Perhaps they should change it to certain mini games are original.
They should try listening to original ideas by members and if it's good ( with lots of positive reactions ), add it in.
So far, there isn't really any "surprising" updates so It won't necessary attract new players.
Making suggestion threads are not necessary useful any longer..

Last edited:

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
It's the community I have noticed that push the originality aspect more than the staff. Obviously the staff will strive for originality else the idea of Cubecraft wouldn't be a growing idea. I've noticed that members (not all) are more vocal about it though when explaining to newer members why a game mode idea shouldn't be added.

Also when you look at some of the games you mentioned they have put their own twists to them, granted some haven't turned out the way they were envisioned like the custom biomes in uhc but there are other aspects like the world events in SG and the map based items in Skywars. It's more the game mode features and twists that are original rather that the game modes themselves, I'd see your point more if SG was a carbon copy of how SG was/is on the other bigger PVP servers or if UHC was the same generic "spawn into a world, look for diamonds and run around looking for people until the arena is that small you have no choice but to fight". What I think a lot of people dont see is that Cubecraft grew big quickly in its early stages so they are trying to catch up with themselves in a way. (My personal view obviously)

Ps. You're moneywalls point is kind of knocked away considering it isn't on the server anymore.

This is just my opinion and how I view cube.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
It depends on what you consider original. Blockband is a Guitar hero in minecraft, so the idea is not 'original', however, I have never seen a server with such a game. And yes, UHC is a classic, however, Cubecraft's UHC is definitely original, with the preloaded maps and different kits. Same with SG, it is different than other servers, so although it's the same Idea, it's original. Oh, and Cubecraft used to be the original Skywars server. Tower defense might be based on another game, but it's unique to this server (btw, we inherited the game from The Chunk).

So yeah, Cubecraft IS original, as it takes other minigames and gives them a twist to make them more cubecrafty.

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
It's the community I have noticed that push the originality aspect more than the staff.
Agree with this point, community are the ones that say this and give this as an excuse to new mini-game ideas...
Every server copies games from other servers, it's how it work, it's a competition.

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
It depends on what you consider original. Blockband is a Guitar hero in minecraft, so the idea is not 'original', however, I have never seen a server with such a game. And yes, UHC is a classic, however, Cubecraft's UHC is definitely original, with the preloaded maps and different kits. Same with SG, it is different than other servers, so although it's the same Idea, it's original. Oh, and Cubecraft used to be the original Skywars server. Tower defense might be based on another game, but it's unique to this server (btw, we inherited the game from The Chunk).

So yeah, Cubecraft IS original, as it takes other minigames and gives them a twist to make them more cubecrafty.
Em, hypixel has preloaded maps too

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Look, as a staff member, I can say that the server is not as original as my fellow co-workers. However, I'm not in favor of this thread. There is no call to action, but only stating what you think. If cubecraft isn't original, what should us staff members do? How can we fix that? Those are questions you must answer as, the current thread is just saying that cubecraft isn't original. Elaborate on your thesis and create a call to action :D. (I'm sounding like an LA teacher. I know lol)

Reactions: ItsDavey_

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I'm pretty sure the whole "cube is original" excuse has been proven wrong. Making this thread is kind of pointless at this point.
All of the things you mentioned may be true, but what did you expect! A server has to survive by hosting popular interests to huge player bases. Not having these games is basically ruining their own server.
Sure, they're not being 100% original. However: They add their twists to it, good or bad, and that still makes it somewhat original to an extent.
Also, I can't remember the last time I saw this being used as an excuse.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I feel like the statement "CubeCraft is original" wasn't the correct wording, I believe the correct statement should be "CubeCraft tries to be original." because then the statement becomes absolutely true. Look at previous updates, Cube has absolutely been trying to make their games more unique.

Examples:
  • World Events on Survival Games
  • Elytra on PVP Games
  • Hour Glass
  • Easter Egg Hunt
  • Snow Down
  • UHC Speed Mode
  • Eggwars Speed Mode
  • Creative Freebuild (theirs is very different from others)
  • Lucky Islands
  • Blockband

Nowadays it's stupidly difficult to be unique after the game being out for so many years it's difficult to come up with cool new concepts and this is likely why CubeCraft's attempts haven't been successful. But you know what, I'm ok with that. Other servers don't even try, just this past week The Hive straight up copied Bed Wars and added it to their network. We players at CubeCraft have it good, we have a network with great owners who are trying their best to make their games as unique and fun as possible.

You got to respect CubeCraft for trying. I know I do.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Nikboo and Twania
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters