1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative crash causes plot chunk errors

Discussion in 'Creative' started by SheepTheBoy, Jun 13, 2015.

1. SheepTheBoy

SheepTheBoy Member

Full Time Optimist
    As most loyal creative players might know by now, the creative crashes (Which are about and hour to two apart) cause our plots to be reset in chunks, like seen in this example below:

2015-06-13_17.37.20.png

I'm not coming on here to talk bad about the server, I'm just curious to know how and when this occurrence will be fixed? Because I think I talk for a few creative players, it's hard to build when there's a few holes in your work :')

Thanks, SheepTheBoy

AquaaXx and Snap like this.
  2. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

A similar thing happened to me. I reset my plot a few days ago since it was just a couple of spheres, and I started building some stuff when all of a sudden the server crashed. When i got back, my plot was a mixture of half-spheres and bits of what I had made before.

3. Stefanvld

Stefanvld Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

i do stuff
    Currently building for a builder application, really annoying... everything what I build gets removes by restarts. And another example: @ManOfDirtyIsBack woke up at 7AM yesterday so he could build things that won't be removed. It worked fine, until 2 hours later, restart, anddddd it's gone -,-

This is no hate, I will allways keep building, but this is just so annoying. I know there's being worked on, but it's just so annoying

4. MeowMaestro

MeowMaestro Member

Agreed, I'm trying to make something that might become a builder application too. I've spent over a week working on it, which included building the same road atleast five times and I'm currently on my second attempt at my first house being completed without a reset. ;-;

5. SheepTheBoy

SheepTheBoy Member

Full Time Optimist
    It seems to me only certain chunks are affected, figure out which ones won't be deleted and focus on building in them to give yourself the best chance at not having to re-do work. However, it also seems like it will delete the last half hours work, even before the crash, so with this in mind it will be a little hard to predict what is saved.

It might not be much @MeowMaestro and @Stefanvld, but it's one builder trying to help another

6. MeowMaestro

MeowMaestro Member

That might work if you had WE. You could build something in a non-resetting in chunk and then copy it in but stones and some donor ranks don't so... yeah... ;-;

7. SheepTheBoy

SheepTheBoy Member

Full Time Optimist
    @MeowMarstro That's a clever idea that I didn't think of, but likewise I'm without WE too...