Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

off_matbog23

Jun 17, 2020
België
In Dutch we have the word "kunt" This is translated into English as can or could. Is it possible for you to not filter "kunt" in Dutch

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
In Dutch we have the word "kunt" This is translated into English as can or could. Is it possible for you to not filter "kunt" in Dutch
I just have a feeling that if I allowed "kunt" in the chat filter, people would just abuse it and use it as a bypass for c*nt.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I just have a feeling that if I allowed "kunt" in the chat filter, people would just abuse it and use it as a bypass for c*nt.
Wouldn't it be possible to allow this in specific common contexts so if preceded by I, we, you, they, she, he etc (in dutch only) it would be allowed. I don't think anyone would think to bypass it with that and it helps with speaking in dutch.

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
Maybe readd ez, ezi, izi and all its variations. It's annoying to get called ezi by a hacker or a kid who things he's the best because he shot you of a bridge.

(Dunno for sure about ezi etc, but izi isn't blocked for sure.)

Camezonda

Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Wouldn't it be possible to allow this in specific common contexts so if preceded by I, we, you, they, she, he etc (in dutch only) it would be allowed. I don't think anyone would think to bypass it with that and it helps with speaking in dutch.
I guess I could allow "kunt" if there's words following it like I, we, you, they, she, he, it. I'd need the Dutch translations for "could X" etc though.

Reactions: LlTE

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
Hey! Just a thought related to this subject,
I do not mind the filtered chat, I think it is pretty helpful. Although sometimes when the message is blocked the sender doesn't know and it can make the conversation a bit awkward from time to time. Do you think it is possible for the sender to have a "this message is blocked" notification so they know it did not go through? Thank you!

Reactions: Berehum and Savvy

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
I do not mind the filtered chat, I think it is pretty helpful. Although sometimes when the message is blocked the sender doesn't know and it can make the conversation a bit awkward from time to time. Do you think it is possible for the sender to have a "this message is blocked" notification so they know it did not go through? Thank you!
I agree, because I came across some words or miss spelled words that gets picked up through the chat filter. So implementing something that notifies you that the message was unseen by others. Thanks!

Dubbz

May 3, 2020
Sadly there are no plans to remove the shadow block. We feel like it's the best method for our chat filter. Since this method was introduced, the amount of times myself or another member of the admin team has needed to amend the filter had dropped significantly. Players tend to not try and bypass if they believe that their messages are being "sent". The chat filter doesn't tend to false block messages, but with any filter there will be some, if you think a message is being false blocked, please report it here. Hope that makes it clearer for you :D

Sounds like it won't be happening sadly, while it would be useful to have it removed, I understand the logic behind it. Plus, if the filter gets too crazy (which seems like it would happen if not for this), then it just blocks things that shouldn't be blocked, for example the phrase "this boss hits so hard, watch out" would be blocked because of the space between "boss" and hits" (again, example of what could happen if too many bypass blocks are added, not necessarily blocked now)

Georgesatchy

Apr 3, 2020
United Kingdom
This is blocked because the message is too long. I cannot fix that.
Does the plugin not have an option to filter colour codes from the max character count? I think it would probably be easy to implement as I have included it in some plugins of my own, and colour is always good! :)

Camezonda

Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
@Camezonda ''5ra'' word unblocks in Arabic the real mean of it poop why is it reportable?
I'm not really sure. It's not currently blocked & if it means "poop" then I'm sure it's allowed.

Hey! Sorry but we're put a lot of thought into our chat filter and we believe that the best solution is to shadow block messages. It's the best solution to a chat filter, it's similar to the unknown Microsoft shadow mutes. This method reduces down the need to maintain our chat filter soooo much. If you're trying to swear on our network and we tell you that you're swear word was blocked, most people will try and find a way to bypass it, meaning we'd need to add a new block. If we allow people to think that they swore, then they have no reason to bypass. If you're worried about a message not getting send, that's an issue of a false block, which we can look into it needed. Hope you understand! :D

Already fixed! :D

Does the plugin not have an option to filter colour codes from the max character count? I think it would probably be easy to implement as I have included it in some plugins of my own, and colour is always good! :)
At this time, the chat filter just looks at characters, and doesn't single out &'s. Sorry about that! :D

Reactions: CrystalDrop

Haronzs

Apr 3, 2019
wouldn't it be possible to just allow an option to turn chat filter on and off. i think thats a feature some could want and only people that have it off at the end see the msg in party chat.

Camezonda

Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
wouldn't it be possible to just allow an option to turn chat filter on and off. i think thats a feature some could want and only people that have it off at the end see the msg in party chat.
Hey! I've seen some people want it to be a setting. But this type of protection cannot be toggled. We're a kid friendly server, which means no matter what, setting or not, we do not want inappropriate messages appearing in user chats. Having the chat filter toggled is not planned to be added. Sorry!

Reactions: Haronzs and ____

FBX17

Jul 14, 2020
UK
'Birch' seems to be blocked, which is really annoying as whenever I'm trying to help people in the Skyblock hub, I can't tell them which island iron is on (which is about 90% of all questions I receive).

Luuwk

Jun 26, 2018
Why is gay/lesbian a censored word. Its a sexuality and shouldnt be seen as offensive. Gay people cant even say theyr gay because people feel offended and cube supports the idea of it being something offensive by censoring the word.

D

Deleted member 469419

Why is gay/lesbian a censored word. Its a sexuality and shouldnt be seen as offensive. Gay people cant even say theyr gay because people feel offended and cube supports the idea of it being something offensive by censoring the word.
Overall should be like you say, but the problem here is that some people use it as a insult with the main goal of offend anyone.

That's called "homophobic" insults since they're discriminating someone for their sex. Same thing happens with policy, religion...

It really depends of the context you use it on, but still thinking it's good as it's now.

Luuwk

Jun 26, 2018
Overall should be like you say, but the problem here is that some people use it as a insult with the main goal of offend anyone.

That's called "homophobic" insults since they're discriminating someone for their sex. Same thing happens with policy, religion...

It really depends of the context you use it on, but still thinking it's good as it's now.
People shouldnt be offended by it even if theyr say you are gay. Honestly very dissapointed that just because its seen as offensive to some cubecraft supports that and censors the word. Kinda homophobic if you ask me. If they show its not an insult and uncensor it so what that they use it to ''swear'' it shouldnt be seen as offensive and the idea that its censored now makes it more a swearword then it is. Its also very exclusive and rude that we cant tell people we are gay and have to use different words to discribe it due to some children abusing the word and trying to bully people with it. Only homophobes use the word and only homophobes are offended by it.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡
vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.