1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCG Player Check Error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by id0g, Feb 4, 2016.

1. id0g

id0g Member

I was testing out the CCG Player Check webpage recently, and I noticed a peculiarity.
    In particular, the dates for bans. Some, but not all ban information pages show the user as being banned on January 1, 1970 at 01:00, and are set to end on January 1, 1971 at 06:48 (this is consistently the exact same times shown on any of the pages where this error occurs).
    I recently reported a player, and immediately checked to see if the error would be there. It was.
    My initial theory was that when a player appealed and was successful, their ban was lifted by moving the ban time to nearly the beginning of computer time.
    However
    , this theory is quashed by the aforementioned player's ban info being set in the 1970s within half an hour after they were banned.

Does this information actually cause the player to not be banned, since they're shown to be past their ban date? Or is the error just the way it's displayed on that webpage?

Here is a screenshot, in case the page changes:
    [​IMG]

Emily_TN likes this.
  2. id0g

id0g Member

Paraleea told me that this is merely a front-end issue and that the user is actually banned, regardless of what is displayed on the site.

Still, if this issue wasn't already known, well, now it is.

3. NitroPelle

NitroPelle Member

YouTube
    Home Page:
    The date is inaccurate. They are aware of this issue and will be resolved in a future update.

4. CARDAN16

CARDAN16 Mod Staff Member Moderator

Shh our website trys its best okay guys it just needs some wuv, dun be hating it does verry good.

Don't worry it is just the times that are the error there xD. That player was banned for a year so don't worry our bans work just fine. XP

5. id0g

id0g Member

I wasn't hating, just trying to help. I spent several weeks just doing bug-testing for a website at my old programming job, so I gotta report things, man! lol

6. CARDAN16

CARDAN16 Mod Staff Member Moderator

Oh no sorry the first part I was trying to be funny (I'm , not good at it xP) yes thank you so much for being helpful we love all the help we can get <3 (I should just go to sleep now gnight!)