1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug in Money Walls/ Spawn campers

Discussion in 'Bug Reports/Support' started by rosemarieortiz, Sep 18, 2015.

1. rosemarieortiz

rosemarieortiz Member

I was playing a round of money walls on the map arctic and a player by LiveSwaps and itsdatortuga were spawn camping to the point that none of our gear was respawning with us. At first I thought it was due to him not giving us enough time for our stuff to respawn, but after they left my teammate (Babycreeper106) and I discovered that all our stuff had disappeared. This including our armor, sword, pickaxe, and food. Now I know ores fall out when killed, but food and weapons etc. aren't. So there may be a bug there that these two are abusing. And honestly it makes the game very unfun and was one of the first horrible experiences I've had so far. Please read and fix the bug at least.

Thank you.

VaultRaider25 likes this.
  2. LiveSwaps

LiveSwaps Member

10/10

itsdatortuga likes this.
  3. LiveSwaps

LiveSwaps Member

I'd like to point out that there is no bug. The armor "disappearing" is a result of your returning inventory, if you die before your gear is returned to you, then that's what you had.. nothing. Anyways, we weren't abusing a glitch, but rather taking advantage of how the game naturally works. The only fix for this would be spawn protection, which would in turn make it near impossible to destroy withers due to the inability to hit your enemies.

P.S: itsdatortuga and I love this server and are very careful to follow the rules and make sure to report those breaking them, have a great day!

itsdatortuga likes this.
  4. pinkelephant1112

pinkelephant1112 Member

I feel like if they intended for you to be able to lose your stuff then they wouldnt let you get it back. Sounds like an abuse of a glitch to me. And im pretty sure spawn camping isnt allowed. They dont have the spawn protection to make it fair on the offensive players. But its not fair to the defensive if you are just killing them over and over again before they can even get a chance to defend themselves. I dunno, I wasnt there...But it just seems pretty shady if you ask me. Its not even skill.

5. pinkelephant1112

pinkelephant1112 Member

Also twisting the rules to fit your idea of what you think they should mean isnt actually following the rules..

6. LiveSwaps

LiveSwaps Member

there isnt a rule against spawn trapping regardless, not to mention we had to kill them like 10 times over just to actually get them in that spawn trap

itsdatortuga likes this.
  7. pinkelephant1112

pinkelephant1112 Member

Rule 15- "Do not purposefully create a stalemate in team games by refusing to take action to win or by making the taking of that action impossible." It may just be me but I feel like that could include spawn camping. It makes it impossible for them to take any action. I know I have heard other players talk about people being banned for it as well. Who knows if they are telling the truth about that though.

8. LiveSwaps

LiveSwaps Member

and the punishment for that is being kicked, not to mention that's controversal as to whether or not spawn trapping falls under that category. Also, you cant kill a wither when people keep spawning and hitting you, so essentially we weren't doing anything of the sort to create a stalemate, we were just keeping them off each other while we were trying to unearth the wither they buried in lava, which you could call abusing a glitch ;)

itsdatortuga likes this.
  9. VaultRaider25

VaultRaider25 Member

how is burying a wither in lava abusing a glitch? there's lava there that can be used. the blocks holding the lava in place can be broken. It's taking advantage of how the game works. ;)

10. LiveSwaps

LiveSwaps Member

like i said before, the whole situation is just an argument of how you view different aspects of what happened, and you arent suppose to be able to alter blocks in game that havent been placed by a player, lava is a block therefore it is considered abusing a glitch

itsdatortuga likes this.
  11. pinkelephant1112

pinkelephant1112 Member

Thats nice...but no one ever said anything about taking action on you. Just that there is a glitch that can be exploited. I even stated that it was my opinion that it COULD include spawn camping. But if you spawn camp them while you are going after their wither then it is denying them the ability to defend. And the lava thing is simply utilizing the environment around you.

12. pinkelephant1112

pinkelephant1112 Member

Since when is lava a block?

13. LiveSwaps

LiveSwaps Member

You aren't suppose to be able to alter the environment unless it's blocks another player has placed in that current game, hence why it's not taking advantage of your surroundings but rather abusing something that should not be done in the first place.

itsdatortuga likes this.
  14. LiveSwaps

LiveSwaps Member

if lava isnt a block then what is it?

itsdatortuga likes this.
  15. VaultRaider25

VaultRaider25 Member

a liquid?

pinkelephant1112 likes this.
  16. LiveSwaps

LiveSwaps Member

Everything in minecraft is a block, with the exception of entities like mobs. For example the "lava source block"

itsdatortuga likes this.
  17. VaultRaider25

VaultRaider25 Member

okay, you're keeping this going wayyyyy to long. You got called out for spawn camping. Making it so that people couldnt play the game and trying to cover it up with "Just taking advantage of how the game naturally works"

18. LiveSwaps

LiveSwaps Member

As i said, i was keeping them off itsdatortuga while he attempted to unearth the wither

itsdatortuga likes this.
  19. pinkelephant1112

pinkelephant1112 Member

And the whole point of this post was to say that there is a glitch that can be exploited. The person didnt ask for you to be punished. You arguing about it only makes you look like you have a guilty conscience.

20. LiveSwaps

LiveSwaps Member

lol I was simply giving an explanation to what happened